Server Totals
Le'Or - (2)
M'Chek - (1)
Wilderness - (1)
Underdark - (0)
Elysia - (0)
Ferrell - (0)
Visimontium - (0)
Mikona - (0)
Deglos - (0)
Total players: 4
Gallery

Links Menu

Avlis welcomes Nighthawk4 as a Minor DM!

Avlis Headlines - www.avlis.org

Moderator: Dungeon Masters

PostAuthor: Sydney Losstarot » Sun Dec 07, 2003 10:48 am

Congratulations!!!
Bloodlust! Hatred! Greed! They melt with Divine Magic and twist my very Soul! It burns!!
It burns like Fire in my veins! And that Fire shall consume all that oppose me!

Sydney Losstarot
Prince of Bloated Discourse
 
Posts: 251
Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2003 4:04 pm
Location: Belgium

PostAuthor: Starslayer_D » Sun Dec 07, 2003 11:48 am

Whoooohoooo!

If this goes on, soon, all my compatriots will be DM's.. well, been a year since I applied last .... but Travellers will hopefully soon occupy me in that capacity.

Starslayer_D
Master Sage
 
Posts: 5182
Joined: Thu Oct 24, 2002 7:35 pm
Location: Germany (+1 GMT)

PostAuthor: MorphlingROR » Sun Dec 07, 2003 11:56 am

Yarr! Congratulations! Have fun at your new position.

And it's good to have one more DM in a timezone with just two hours of differense ;)

MorphlingROR
Lord of Blithering Idiots
 
Posts: 136
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2003 9:40 am
Location: Riga, Latvia (GMT+2)

PostAuthor: Nighthawk4 » Sun Dec 07, 2003 12:43 pm

Thanks for all of your good wishes.

Those who did not have been noted for special love :twisted:

Hehe - just kidding :wink:

To be honest, I am still stunned - I know that the pressure groups are pushing for more respect to be given to Seniors, but I am not quite there yet.

Just think - all those innocent little NPCs to play. I look forward to helping with even more meaningful RP for all. When you walk past an NPC, say 'Hello' - he or she might answer you.

I have said it before - Roleplay is Everything

Now I can reward those who agree with that :lol:
Life is never as bad as you think it is, although that doesn't help at the time.

Orleron wrote:I think it's a fun idea if you can idiot-proof it. Problem is God always builds a better idiot. :P


Please visit:
Avlis UK, ACE Forum and SATF Forum

Image
User avatar
Nighthawk4
Eldest DM
Eldest DM
 
Posts: 23992
Images: 2
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2003 8:32 pm
Location: The Home of the Bard of Avon
Timezone: GMT
DM Avatar: DruEl

PostAuthor: markschouten » Sun Dec 07, 2003 12:55 pm

Nighthawk4 wrote:Thanks for all of your good wishes.

Those who did not have been noted for special love :twisted:



:shock:
Congrats :)
User avatar
markschouten
Scholar of Fools
 
Posts: 382
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2003 9:23 pm
Location: Netherlands (GMT+2)

PostAuthor: Comick » Sun Dec 07, 2003 1:39 pm

Congratulations NightHawk ! :D
Eat, drink, and be merry, for tomorrow, who knows ?

Comick
Apprentice Scholar
 
Posts: 949
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2003 9:18 pm
Location: Lausanne, Switzerland (GMT+1)

PostAuthor: Cymbolism » Sun Dec 07, 2003 2:12 pm

Congrats Nighthawk! fantastic news.
I have three kids and no money.
Why can't I have no kids and three money? - Homer Simpson.
User avatar
Cymbolism
Scholar
 
Posts: 1437
Joined: Tue May 20, 2003 6:32 pm
Location: Bunbury, Western Australia, GMT+8

PostAuthor: Fifty » Sun Dec 07, 2003 2:51 pm

I haven't felt the need to say this to any of the other new appointments so far, but in this case I have to say congratulations, I am delighted.

Just remember that although Laen conned Kondah slightly, Mistress Ezra gave her a free magical item and some gold!
User avatar
Fifty
Uber Posting Whor3
 
Posts: 8835
Joined: Mon May 26, 2003 8:45 am
Location: London Town

PostAuthor: FunkOdyssey » Sun Dec 07, 2003 4:03 pm

Congratulations Nighthawk! :D
User avatar
FunkOdyssey
Sage
 
Posts: 1954
Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2003 2:46 pm
Location: Newington, CT (GMT -5)

PostAuthor: Cougar » Sun Dec 07, 2003 4:08 pm

Way to go Nighthawk! :P
User avatar
Cougar
Sage
 
Posts: 2312
Joined: Mon May 19, 2003 6:48 am
Location: Burnsville, MN - USA (GMT -6 / DST GMT -5)
Timezone: CST

PostAuthor: Nighthawk4 » Sun Dec 07, 2003 4:40 pm

Fifty wrote:I haven't felt the need to say this to any of the other new appointments so far, but in this case I have to say congratulations, I am delighted.

Just remember that although Laen conned Kondah slightly, Mistress Ezra gave her a free magical item and some gold!


Two points:

1). Kondah gets conned because she does not understand money and she cannot count. No problem with that.

2). Anything which happens to my characters has nothing to do with my DM work. The fact that Laen is due some unfortunate bad luck is just coincidental :wink:

Just kidding - I wouldn't do that - honestly :lol:
Life is never as bad as you think it is, although that doesn't help at the time.

Orleron wrote:I think it's a fun idea if you can idiot-proof it. Problem is God always builds a better idiot. :P


Please visit:
Avlis UK, ACE Forum and SATF Forum

Image
User avatar
Nighthawk4
Eldest DM
Eldest DM
 
Posts: 23992
Images: 2
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2003 8:32 pm
Location: The Home of the Bard of Avon
Timezone: GMT
DM Avatar: DruEl

PostAuthor: Fifty » Sun Dec 07, 2003 4:51 pm

Nighthawk4 wrote:
Fifty wrote:I haven't felt the need to say this to any of the other new appointments so far, but in this case I have to say congratulations, I am delighted.

Just remember that although Laen conned Kondah slightly, Mistress Ezra gave her a free magical item and some gold!


Two points:

1). Kondah gets conned because she does not understand money and she cannot count. No problem with that.

2). Anything which happens to my characters has nothing to do with my DM work. The fact that Laen is due some unfortunate bad luck is just coincidental :wink:

Just kidding - I wouldn't do that - honestly :lol:


*panics*

Not the bags, just not the bags... promise me you won't take away my magic bags! Please? Promise?
User avatar
Fifty
Uber Posting Whor3
 
Posts: 8835
Joined: Mon May 26, 2003 8:45 am
Location: London Town

PostAuthor: Mistcaller » Sun Dec 07, 2003 5:08 pm

I wonder how many DM avatars you are going to use... :D j/k

Congratulations Nighthawk! :)
User avatar
Mistcaller
Team Member; Retired with Honors
 
Posts: 5481
Joined: Sun Feb 09, 2003 3:42 pm
Location: Athens, Greece (GMT +2)

PostAuthor: GreyLynx » Sun Dec 07, 2003 6:13 pm

Congrats to you! Your skill at assuming so many different personas is sure to make DM events you run incredible.

GreyLynx
Elder Sage
 
Posts: 3256
Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2003 3:56 pm
Location: Ithaca, NY (GMT-5)
Timezone: EDT (GMT-5)

PostAuthor: Aloro » Mon Dec 08, 2003 2:02 am

Congratulations, and welcome to the Team!

- Aloro
Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn wrote:The meaning of earthly existence lies, not as we have grown used to thinking, in prosperity, but in the development of the soul.
User avatar
Aloro
Team Member; Retired with Honors
 
Posts: 12810
Joined: Sat Dec 28, 2002 5:11 am
Location: Rainbow's End

PostAuthor: White-Raven » Mon Dec 08, 2003 7:34 am

Nighthawk4 wrote:Those who did not have been noted for special love :twisted:

ouch, well congrats than.

White-Raven
Elder Sage
 
Posts: 3660
Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2002 6:36 am
Location: Sweden
Timezone: CET

PostAuthor: Cath » Mon Dec 08, 2003 7:40 am

Great news.

The only downside is that any DM-love I get from you will have to be without Kondah.
Wizzie and ladys misses you too... :D

Congratulations.
User avatar
Cath
Scholar
 
Posts: 1236
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2003 7:33 am
Location: Blattnicksele, Sweden (GMT +1)

PostAuthor: kombinat » Mon Dec 08, 2003 7:57 am

Cath wrote:Great news.

The only downside is that any DM-love I get from you will have to be without Kondah.
Wizzie and ladys misses you too... :D

Congratulations.


Ditto that, I hope we still get to go on adventures with Kondah!

Good luck, congratulations, and looking forward to it! :)
Be mindful of the prayers you send
Pray hard but pray with care
For the tears that you are crying now
Are just your answered prayers

kombinat
Team Member; Retired with Honors
 
Posts: 3365
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2003 12:33 am
Location: Sydney, Australia (GMT+10)
DM Avatar: Senath

PostAuthor: Merago Jert » Mon Dec 08, 2003 8:57 am

Congratulations Nighthawk! :D
User avatar
Merago Jert
Scholar
 
Posts: 1083
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2003 9:32 am
Location: Aberdeen, UK (GMT+1)

PostAuthor: ashzz » Mon Dec 08, 2003 9:15 am

right on nighthawk. your one of the finest roleplayers on avlis..you surely will do a great job as a dm.

ashzz
Disobedience is the true foundation of liberty. The obedient must be slaves.

ashzz
Scholar
 
Posts: 1033
Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2003 7:49 am
Location: Canadian stuck in Germany

PostAuthor: Dirk Cutlass » Mon Dec 08, 2003 9:17 am

Congrats Nighthawk! Well deserved ! You're going to make a great DM :)

Which patch have you been given to patrol ... just so I know where to avoid ;)
User avatar
Dirk Cutlass
Elder Sage
 
Posts: 4703
Joined: Mon Jan 27, 2003 9:42 am
Location: GMT

PostAuthor: Tangleroot » Mon Dec 08, 2003 9:20 am

Hrm. Good work, little kobold.
User avatar
Tangleroot
Silver Member
 
Posts: 2545
Images: 2
Joined: Thu Oct 09, 2003 3:11 pm
Location: Forever in the wilderness.

PostAuthor: Xoc » Mon Dec 08, 2003 11:14 am

Congrats :D

Xoc
Sage
 
Posts: 1536
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2003 9:43 pm
Location: Malden, near NIJMEGEN!!! ((Netherlands))

PostAuthor: Malathyre » Mon Dec 08, 2003 2:36 pm

heh... :D

"Go stand behind that lady, son."


"I'm not s'posed ta take candy from strangers."

:D :D

I assumed this was Nighthawk4...maybe I am wrong, but I don't think so... :P
"The stars predict tomorrow you'll wake up, do a bunch of stuff, and then go back to sleep!"--Your Horoscope for Today, Weird Al Yankovic
User avatar
Malathyre
Sage
 
Posts: 2081
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2003 8:47 pm
Location: Michigan, U.S.A. (GMT-5)

PostAuthor: Nighthawk4 » Mon Dec 08, 2003 5:56 pm

Malathyre wrote:heh... :D

"Go stand behind that lady, son."


"I'm not s'posed ta take candy from strangers."

:D :D

I assumed this was Nighthawk4...maybe I am wrong, but I don't think so... :P


Yes :wink:

It is a long time since I was a little boy - different conditions applied then. However, that was what my parents taught me. Still sound advice for children everywhere.
Life is never as bad as you think it is, although that doesn't help at the time.

Orleron wrote:I think it's a fun idea if you can idiot-proof it. Problem is God always builds a better idiot. :P


Please visit:
Avlis UK, ACE Forum and SATF Forum

Image
User avatar
Nighthawk4
Eldest DM
Eldest DM
 
Posts: 23992
Images: 2
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2003 8:32 pm
Location: The Home of the Bard of Avon
Timezone: GMT
DM Avatar: DruEl

PreviousNext

Return to Avlis News

Who is online

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Gorgon, Sunscream, Xeo