Page 1 of 1

Hides and custom races

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 11:33 pm
Author: Tesh

I'm having a few issues creating a custom feat and attaching it to a hide and then allowing the player to activate it

So I want to have FEAT_LYCAN_SHAPE_CHANGE so attached to a hide, I think I've got this bit right. Entry in iprp_feat.2da and feat.2da all good. Attached the feat to the new hide that has the right name and such.

Now I'm guessing my problem is with the spell that needs to be used, so if anyone know how to add a new spell to spells.2da that might help me out.

The big issue is that I'm not gettting any activation option in the radial menu as a player.

I and future lycathropes implore you for your help


PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 11:28 am
Author: Mistcaller
IIRC, you have to change the cls_feat_*.2da as well. So that the feat will be available as a class feat and not as a race feat, cause the latter does not work.

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 10:42 pm
Author: Tesh
Cool, I'll try that out tonight.

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 10:06 pm
Author: Tesh
OK so I added a line to the cls_feat 2das for each of the base classes, using the entry for the changeling as a template and still I've had no joy!

Most frustrating!

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 2:06 am
Author: Nevyn
Feats that are dummy spell holders need an entry in the spell 2da

It is a bit complicated for me to explain with no ref docs at work.

There is some refrences to Radials and back to the feat and the spell script you want to run. The radials and spell id (I think thats it) need some calculations to work.

A search on 2da tutorials on NWN vault or such might help.

If I get back home some time soon (today hopefully) and you are still stuck I can se if I can dig up the info.



PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 3:17 am
Author: Tesh
Cheers Nev.

I'd created an entry in the Spells.2da as well....

I'll have a search when I get home and have the source to refer to, cheers

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 12:36 am
Author: Tesh
I'm a dumb ass....

Forgot to look at the Hak order for the module, hadn't packed the 2das into the correct hak.