Uploaded by: krackq
    Uploaded: Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:59 am

Links Menu

CHaracter Creation

General discussion about Avlis

Moderators: Nighthawk4, Dungeon Masters

CHaracter Creation

PostAuthor: Corlandith » Sun Aug 11, 2002 3:45 pm

Hmmm, I had chars on Avlis before I left on vacation. I formatted my drive and installed XP this past week after I returned, re-installed NWN last night, imported all my save files, etc.

Logged into Avlis today, on my usual Gamespy account, no chars... no biggie, I don't mind starting over... except I have created 3 chars so far and each time the game tells me I am not allowed to use LOCAL characters! I am logged into Mikona, the new chars should be server chars, what am I doing wrong? Or is it a bug?
If there are quick fix answers I can be reached at
Yahoo Msgr: Corlandith

Corl:(

Corlandith
Whiney Peasant

PostAuthor: Orleron » Sun Aug 11, 2002 5:23 pm

I have no idea why this has happened, but you are the second person to say they lost their characters after reinstalling the game.

Perhaps we all ought to make a big stink about it over at the Bioware boards and see if we can get some answers before this gets bad.
"Truth has no form."
--Idries Shah

World of Avlis Page

Avlis Project FAQ
Orleron
World Advisor, Co-founder
World Advisor, Co-founder

Timezone: GMT-5

PostAuthor: MacLeod » Sun Aug 11, 2002 9:06 pm

Originally posted by Corlandith
Hmmm, I had chars on Avlis before I left on vacation. I formatted my drive and installed XP this past week after I returned, re-installed NWN last night, imported all my save files, etc.

Logged into Avlis today, on my usual Gamespy account, no chars... no biggie, I don't mind starting over... except I have created 3 chars so far and each time the game tells me I am not allowed to use LOCAL characters! I am logged into Mikona, the new chars should be server chars, what am I doing wrong? Or is it a bug?
If there are quick fix answers I can be reached at
Yahoo Msgr: Corlandith

Corl:(

Methinks just another temporary NwN bug. Happened to me once (without reinstall), but I come back later and my people are there again.
Duncan MacLeod,
Chessie Mage

"Alright now you sunsofbitches, you know how I feel"
~Jackyl, Open Invitation

MacLeod
Apprentice Scholar

PostAuthor: Strangg » Sun Aug 11, 2002 9:40 pm

At the time of Colandith's post the server vault was corrupt. Most likely they will be there when he logs on and the vault isn't corrupt. If you log in and dont' see characters the best way to tell si to create a new one then try and log in. If you get the invalid character message it is bugged.
Strangg
Team Member; Retired with Honors

PostAuthor: Corlandith » Mon Aug 12, 2002 3:31 pm

That is exactly what happened Strangg, it kept telling me I couldn't use Local vault chars.
I'll try again this evening to be sure.

~C

Corlandith
Whiney Peasant

PostAuthor: Strangg » Tue Aug 13, 2002 6:23 am

You can always check the server status thread as well. If someon has posted there recenlty it might be down. If you think it is down and no one has posted it could have just gone corrupt and you should post so it can be reset.

~Strangg
Strangg
Team Member; Retired with Honors

PostAuthor: Misty » Tue Aug 13, 2002 9:25 pm

On the whole uninstall/reinstall thing, when I did the uninstall it prompted me to save characters, games, etc. Then when I reinstalled it they were all there. :)
"Spent quite the night with Gimli. Those braids! That axe! I am smitten. No more hobbits for me, it is dwarves all the way now."
Misty
Apprentice Scholar

Return to The Avlis Project: General Discussion