Total players: 2
Gallery

Links Menu

Where is everyone?

General discussion about Avlis

Moderators: Nighthawk4, Dungeon Masters

Where is everyone?

PostAuthor: infidel » Thu Aug 08, 2002 4:03 pm

Well I logged on last night for the first time and explored Mikona a bit. However, other than one other new person I bumped into in the Northern Noble District, I didn't see any other players in the city.

My little rogue managed to have a fairly profitable evening "touring" the homes in the docks district. However, I held back from investigating the sewers as I couldn't find anyone to party with and I was worried that I wouldn't last long alone.

Was it just a slow night, or does everyone congregate in other areas of the game world?

infidel

PostAuthor: eNTrOpY » Thu Aug 08, 2002 5:03 pm

a wednesday night man, a lot of people go to bed so they can get up for work and stuff. if you go on during the evening you should find a lot more people online

eNTrOpY
Sage

PostAuthor: infidel » Thu Aug 08, 2002 5:06 pm

I suppose it could have just been late. I was on at 10-11PM PST. You're saying most people are on in the early evening?

infidel

PostAuthor: eNTrOpY » Thu Aug 08, 2002 5:13 pm

yeah, a lot more people are on early on in the evening and in the late afternoon too. Also, being on PST, you've got a time difference on most of us.

eNTrOpY
Sage

PostAuthor: infidel » Thu Aug 08, 2002 5:33 pm

Ahhhh!

OK, that would explain a lot. It's difficult to know the time zones of the player community on a server :)

infidel

PostAuthor: Ashlynn » Thu Aug 08, 2002 6:33 pm

I've run into the same thing, infidel. I don't hop onto the server until later in the evening, since I'm a night owl. I always thought I just had bad timing.

I guess I'll try to get on earlier in the evening. Maybe more people will be around on Friday nights, too.

Ashlynn
Scholar

PostAuthor: Vian » Thu Aug 08, 2002 8:45 pm

There are definate surges of population on the server... during the day time... you are lucky if you catch 1 person on... during the week at night... not that many sometimes a few of us are one

On the weekends you will find a number of us up pretty late playing ;)

Although the server in general could use a little kick in recruitment... but I don't think they want to add to many more until bugs are fleshed out and more content can be thrown into the game :)

Vian
Vian
Team Member; Retired with Honors

PostAuthor: Silk » Thu Aug 08, 2002 10:56 pm

Yeah, we plan on doing some advertising soon... but we don't want to start until the ICB issue is resolved.

Ultimately, I think that bug is kicking us in the ass the hardest.
Silk

Member of the MadK@t lover's group.
Silk
Co-Founder

PostAuthor: Strangg » Fri Aug 09, 2002 6:27 am

Originally posted by Silk
Ultimately, I think that bug is kicking us in the ass the hardest.

Indeed. There is really no sense in advertising and driving the population up so the server needs a reboot every hour. On top of that i think it'd be best if we had more areas for players. If we get a bunch of people on there might not be much to do. Except harass the citenzry...
Strangg

PostAuthor: infidel » Fri Aug 09, 2002 5:10 pm

Thanks for the responses. Yes, I'm finding that the persistent worlds are still kind of in incubation, and everyone is sharing the pain of the ICB bug. Hopefully, that one gets squashed in the next patch.

Sounds like the key will be to just hang in there as things get ironed out and content gets added. It's kind of fun seeing it all come together :)

infidel

PostAuthor: Vian » Fri Aug 09, 2002 8:48 pm

That is the right idea :)

When we can have unlimited login's

then a major problem will be fixed, and I think some more recruitment would be great. :)

Vian
Vian

Return to The Avlis Project: General Discussion