Uploaded by: Hamlet
    Uploaded: Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:39 am

Links Menu

Patch 1.22

General discussion about Avlis

Moderators: Nighthawk4, Dungeon Masters

Patch 1.22

PostAuthor: BlackHeart » Wed Aug 07, 2002 9:30 pm

patch 1.22 is out and it looks like it fixes alot of bugs but not the ICB bug. Will we be moving to it or will we wait until 1.23?

Neverwinter Nights Game

Fixed Intellect Devourer not spawning in certain cross-version save games.
Fixed a bug where Skills on the character sheet weren't being displayed and were disabling certain skills.
Changed the error message for 'load module failed' to include the possibility that the module was created using a newer version of the resources/toolset.
Fixed a text color issue in the game server chat area.
Fixed a bug where you joining a server with no module loaded that could crash the game client in certain situations.
Fixed a bug where typing a server password for a client connection was showing actual characters that are typed, instead of asterisks.
Fixed a bug in "One party only" game where the DM possesses hostile creature, then player joins and gets added to hostile creature's party.
Fixed a server crash that occurred when saving during a module load, which could occur with autosaves/manual saves when "Reload When Empty" was enabled or during module transitions.
Fixed server crash if a script called ExportAllCharacters() when a player was at the character selection screen.
Fixed an incorrect result for many of the damage types in Linux due to small differences in floating point math.
Fixed 4 memory leaks
Fix to an odd spell-casting/emote bug that allowed users to cast multiple spells with only one spell slot used.
Added the manual saving controls to the tabbing order on the Windows dedicated server.
Fixed a bug where certain player area transitioning during a module transition caused the server to crash.
Fixed a bug on the Sound Options page.
Detailed error message is now displayed on client when character validation fails.
Code added to prevent "more spells" radial from appearing if there were not any more spells. This was preventing all spells from levels 7,8,9 from appearing in radial.
Sped up character listings from server to client.
Neverwinter Nights Aurora Toolset

Fixed a .2DA loading issue when a module has a Hak Pak.
Added option to turn off environment mapping for creatures and items. This should fix most crashes for ATI users.
Fixed a bug with deleting Scripts not fully removing all references to said scripts.
Fixed bug where resizing the area so that the Start Location becomes invalid would cause a crash.
If the user tries to find a non-existant start location, they get a message.
Restricted editing Conversation Options from the conversation editor can only change the conversation options.
Test that the jounals in the conversations files are valid when the conversation is loaded into the editor.
Conversations have a new default EndConversation script that tries to restart the creature on its waypoint route.
Better help text to explain the 'No Permanent Death' checkbox.
With one creature selected, a right click over a tile will show a menu to add a pathing waypoint.
Selecting a creature will show its waypoint walking path.
Hak Pak Editor

Fixed a bug where replacing a resource could cause the Hak Pak to become corrupted.
Removed the ability to add .mp3 files to Hak Paks as .mp3 files are not supported by Neverwinter Nights and the ability to add these files was causing confusion.
PLEASE NOTE: The ICB is NOT fixed in the 1.22 patch. The bug was not duplicated before the 1.22 patch was finalized. It will be fixed in the 1.23 patch, barring any crazyness.
BlackHeart
Scholar of Fools

PostAuthor: Papillon » Wed Aug 07, 2002 10:35 pm

Funny thing is, they fix bugs like 'memory leaks' which will be important if the server runs longer than, say, 120 minutes (because a lot of memory will be wasted after 7 days running non-stop).

The point is: because of the ICB, no server will run longer than that. Am I the only one that thinks that the sequence / importance of bugs is a bit messed up :( ?

Papillon
Team Member; Retired with Honors

PostAuthor: BlackHeart » Thu Aug 08, 2002 1:52 am

That's one of the reasons why I asked. From my early ready on the bioboards there seemed to be some issues that have popped up with this patch too, but they could have been admin error or random happening.

ICB is the biggest bug that needs to be fixed, since it prevents the product from working as advertised. (How do you get 64 clients on a server if vault corrupts after 32 logins. Local character vaults are not worth playing since is a bunch or minmaxers, so for my 2 cp server vaults are the only way to go)

But in defense of the Biodude's I don't think they had verified that the ICB until after coding was finalized for 1.22. I would also expect that coding for 1.23 started as soon as they had verified ICB and I think that 1.23 will be out shortly.

I realize that I am just some bum that likes to complain and use your server :D but unless 1.22 fixes any issues that you guys are having in designing the world I see no reason to move to it . We have all agreed that "Cheating, duping, and exploitation of bugs will be punished with banning of IP address and deletion of character." And most of the fixes can be address issues like this. The others are minor to most of us... Although I see one that might affect "Sammy" since he is the only spell chunker that I know of that might be able to cast 7,8 or 9 lvl spells and I am not sure he is there yet.
BlackHeart
Scholar of Fools

PostAuthor: Strangg » Thu Aug 08, 2002 2:13 am

Originally posted by BlackHeart But in defense of the Biodude's I don't think they had verified that the ICB until after coding was finalized for 1.22. I would also expect that coding for 1.23 started as soon as they had verified ICB and I think that 1.23 will be out shortly.

No reason to defend them on this issue when it is somehtign that should have been tested in the first damn place. How hard would it have been for them to run a server vault server for a week or so with a bunch of poepl logging in and out and playing? This is a bug that should have never made it past beta IMNSHO.

~
Strangg

PostAuthor: Papillon » Wed Aug 14, 2002 10:00 pm

Btw:

Beta Patch 1.23 and Dedicated Server 1.23 Beta - Release Notes:

* Invalid Character bug in Server Vault should be fixed.
* change to SecureROM encoding to * improve compatibility with certain CD and DVD drives.
* More DM Client fixes for factions and crashes
* "dm_spawnitem" command readded to the game
* more fixes that will be listed in the final patch notes.

http://nwn.bioware.com/support/patch_beta.html

Papillon

PostAuthor: Papillon » Wed Aug 14, 2002 10:05 pm

On the other hand...

"Myself and none of the other people who play on our server can play at all. Every time the module load bar gets to the end the client crashes, the DM client crashes. It completely hoses my machine every time and I have to hit the reset button. I even started a local single player game on prelude and it crashes as well. 1.23 beta is completely hosed with some nasty 100% crash bug for us "

http://nwn.bioware.com/forums/viewtopic.html?topic=124541&forum=56

Oh well. Sigh.

Don't try this at home.

Papillon

PostAuthor: tindertwiggy » Wed Aug 14, 2002 11:23 pm

And most of the fixes can be address issues like this. The others are minor to most of us... Although I see one that might affect "Sammy" since he is the only spell chunker that I know of that might be able to cast 7,8 or 9 lvl spells and I am not sure he is there yet. -Blackheart

huh?!? what exactly do you mean? why do you think sammy needs a fix? He's not a junky... well at least not like the "I lock my lips around a stack of healing potions and wade through enemies" Fighter types... :P

there is a cleric (or 2?) with level 8 spells, there was one sorc who made it up to lvl 8 spells and then got booted when it was learned she spammed the food bug...

As for "Sammy," he hasn't levelled in a while, and probably won't. Been busy and playign another char... Also the high lvl fighter types on the server can take him over there knee at will with their immune to damn near everythign gear... but thanks for the recognition :D

and seriously... fix how what when where?

tindertwiggy
Legacy DM
Legacy DM

PostAuthor: tindertwiggy » Thu Aug 15, 2002 12:23 am

also... wondering when the server is going to be updated to 1.23 beta 2.

Can we get a heads up? Silk?

thanks.

tindertwiggy
Legacy DM
Legacy DM

PostAuthor: BlackHeart » Thu Aug 15, 2002 2:17 am

Originally posted by tindertwiggy

huh?!? what exactly do you mean? why do you think sammy needs a fix? He's not a junky... well at least not like the "I lock my lips around a stack of healing potions and wade through enemies" Fighter types... :P

there is a cleric (or 2?) with level 8 spells, there was one sorc who made it up to lvl 8 spells and then got booted when it was learned she spammed the food bug...

As for "Sammy," he hasn't levelled in a while, and probably won't. Been busy and playign another char... Also the high lvl fighter types on the server can take him over there knee at will with their immune to damn near everythign gear... but thanks for the recognition :D

and seriously... fix how what when where?

This is the fix I was refering too...
Code added to prevent "more spells" radial from appearing if there were not any more spells. This was preventing all spells from levels 7,8,9 from appearing in radial.

I wasn't refering to "fixing" Sammy he is too young for that. :D Just fixing the interface the you use to control Sammy :)

You ought to try playing a peasant Monk. I mean really role playing him, keep only 10% of what you find or win the rest has to be donated or given away, allow yourself only 2 weapons, healing stuff and clothing. If you want it to more difficult try that with very few others on the server so you can't really party with anybody. :-)

BTW Sammy is the only spell chunker that my character has seen cast any spells.
BlackHeart
Scholar of Fools

PostAuthor: tindertwiggy » Thu Aug 15, 2002 2:42 am

MMMM vow of poverty. It intrigues me IRL.... but loot is so damn plentiful in NWN... you could give it all away and still find yourself up to your ears in it.

that is one thing I have noticed. NWN is NOT PnP... lotsa loot, lotsa monsters in avlis.. not that I am recommending changing anything, compared to SP I feel like a pauper :)...

but damn bioware must have had some diablo 2 fans.

maybe it is just because the computer acts as the omnidevice, tidily takign care of all rolls, checks, etc, that things seem to go so fast. My PnP group would have taken 3 + hours clearign and looting the underdark undead room, a party on the server can do it in 10-20 minutes.

and yah, sometimes I do feel like the only caster. A lot of fighters for some reason. rogues have also been scarce until recently, clerics middling. Perhaps it is because it is a lot easier to solo a fighter (hello easily findable healing potions) than a pansy caster...

but yeah, not a lot of casters... so if you see a timestop that was me :cool:

tindertwiggy
Legacy DM
Legacy DM

PostAuthor: eNTrOpY » Thu Aug 15, 2002 4:33 am

I like both :) hence tri and mord, caster can solo if you have the right spells - poor balor :)

eNTrOpY
Sage

PostAuthor: tindertwiggy » Thu Aug 15, 2002 7:39 am

ok, i get ya now...

I have a few high level spells i can't cast because they do not appear on the radial menu.. BAD BAD BIOWARE. did they test anything? sigh. gotta drag them from the spell list to the hotkey bar, but that doesn't necessarily work with some spells.

tindertwiggy
Legacy DM
Legacy DM

PostAuthor: Silk » Thu Aug 15, 2002 12:19 pm

Originally posted by tindertwiggy
also... wondering when the server is going to be updated to 1.23 beta 2.

Can we get a heads up? Silk?

thanks.

Sure. when "1.23 beta 2" becomes "1.23 Full Release" or something similiar... that's when we'll update. :D
Silk

Member of the MadK@t lover's group.
Silk
Co-Founder

PostAuthor: Vrok » Sat Aug 17, 2002 6:30 pm

Hmmm. Vrok has never had a problem casting his high level spells - of course, he just uses the toolbar rather than the radial as he likes to live when facing big bad critters. That said there have been occasional bizarro bugs - like multiple more spell slots on occasion.

Vrok
Knight of Useless Drivel

Return to The Avlis Project: General Discussion