Underdark - (0)
Total players: 11
Gallery
  • Ebony Order
    Album name: DM Events
    Uploaded by: Ronan
    Uploaded: Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:04 am

Links Menu

Visiting the outer planes as a high level type...

General discussion about Avlis

Moderators: Nighthawk4, Dungeon Masters

Visiting the outer planes as a high level type...

PostAuthor: Vrok » Mon Aug 05, 2002 8:47 am

You know, I was just thinking about all the effort you guys put in developing the death system and outer planes and how little we use it.

Wouldn't it make sense for high level clerics and wizards/sorcerers to be able to gate out to the higher planes, bring friends along, and go wiggy on some demons/devils/archons (depending on your alignment)? Would be a relatively simply programming bit, I would imagine, and you'd solve the dilemma for what higher level characters should be doing...

...and we'd finally get to see a ton of the work that was put into the server.

Just a thought.

Vrok
Knight of Useless Drivel

PostAuthor: Orleron » Tue Aug 13, 2002 7:34 pm

I will put quests there eventually, I swear. ;)

There's is a ton of stuff to do... I'm sure you all realize it. Right now it's a tossup between getting the next mod started or getting the death quests started.... but neither of them will begin until Mikona is fully housed up and all the buildings are filled in. We are about 90% there.

If and when the high levelers are allowed to travel to the outer planes without dying, the outer planes will be extended from what they are now. Currently there is only one area per outer plane, but if there were to be quests made for high levelers, there would be at least 2 or 3 areas per plane if not more.

It's planned, but again, it's far off.

Another thing I will tell you that was only known to the staff up to this point was that the magic quest number is 20.... meaning it's our goal to put up 20 "normal" quests, mostly for newbies, before we start getting freaky with special events and DM'ing and all that other outer plane stuff.

Right now we are at maybe 10 quests and counting. So that should give you an idea.
"Truth has no form."
--Idries Shah

World of Avlis Page

Avlis Project FAQ
Orleron
World Advisor, Co-founder

Timezone: GMT-5

PostAuthor: Silk » Tue Aug 13, 2002 8:49 pm

Sure, we can let you gate to the outer planes... unfortunately, when you leave, you're items get stripped and you come back naked.:o:D
Silk

Member of the MadK@t lover's group.
Silk
Co-Founder

PostAuthor: Orleron » Tue Aug 13, 2002 10:12 pm

Well yeah, but we would invent a way to get there and back without losing your items.
"Truth has no form."
--Idries Shah

World of Avlis Page

Avlis Project FAQ
Orleron

Timezone: GMT-5

PostAuthor: Vrok » Wed Aug 14, 2002 1:07 am

Yeah yeah Silk...

Nah, just figured it might be a fun DM run mini-quest some night as a preview to another night...just makes sense that if you have high-level clerics/wizards around that would be eventually 0one of the things that they should do and in fact...wouldn't take that much effort for a mini one...

Vrok
Knight of Useless Drivel

Return to The Avlis Project: General Discussion