Total players: 4
Gallery

Links Menu

Someone elses player in my login screen

General discussion about Avlis

Moderators: Nighthawk4, Dungeon Masters

Someone elses player in my login screen

PostAuthor: winksman » Thu Aug 01, 2002 5:48 pm

I don't know the correlation but I just wanted to bring it to the attention of you guys that someone elses player is available for me to play with. My good friend Gutshank has showed up as an option for me to play with allong with my other two characters. I know he is supposed to be there and don't know if gutshanks rightful owner can still play him so you might want to look into it.
Thanks!

winksman
Whiney Peasant

PostAuthor: winksman » Thu Aug 01, 2002 6:26 pm

for some more information on the topic when I logged in today with rugrirry Gutshank followed and was in the tavern but not responding..... this occurence is pretty bizare ....
Wink

winksman
Whiney Peasant

PostAuthor: eNTrOpY » Thu Aug 01, 2002 7:32 pm

gutshank's character appears for me too

eNTrOpY
Sage

PostAuthor: tindertwiggy » Thu Aug 01, 2002 7:51 pm

Neverwinter Nights crashes in a horrible flaming desktop blackening mess whenever I get to the character selection screen. Dunno if this is from me, or related to the probelms mentioned here. Gonna check it against a few other servers right now...

tindertwiggy
Legacy DM
Legacy DM

PostAuthor: tindertwiggy » Thu Aug 01, 2002 7:59 pm

yep, can log onto other servers, mikona = flamy chunky death though.. wierd, i have never had this happen before.

tindertwiggy
Legacy DM
Legacy DM

PostAuthor: eNTrOpY » Thu Aug 01, 2002 8:51 pm

i had that for a while too
it finally let me log on but with some major problems in game. I come into the game with movement speed decreased and frightened for no reason
quit and rejoined to try and fix, same effects on me AND i have -86 AC
quit + rejoin effects still there i have 40 AC and 1 hit point. I'm thinking the server needs a full restart

eNTrOpY
Sage

PostAuthor: Vian » Thu Aug 01, 2002 9:28 pm

5:30 PM EST

= death upon login screen

May your computer never know this pain!

Vian
Vian
Team Member; Retired with Honors

PostAuthor: winksman » Fri Aug 02, 2002 1:35 am

I have had the same problem recently.... I needed to reinstall NWN to fix it. make sure you save you characters and what not and reinstall it and it should work out ok.
Don't know if this will help anyone or not but give it a try it worked for me.

winksman
Whiney Peasant

PostAuthor: Jonathon Spectre » Fri Aug 02, 2002 1:55 am

Gutshank's tale of woe follows...

My girlfriend and I tried to both logon to Mikona today so I could show her some of the world. We are connected thru a cable/DSL Linksys router and crashed every time. We had to go run errands so we didn't investigate too much.

Fast forward to tonight. We try again and same crash, so I go search Bioware's forums and discover I need to change the "port" setting in my nwnplayer.ini file so we are not both using the same one. I go change mine, then log in with Gutshank.

Gutshank is standing in the tavern when I log in. No, ANOTHER Gutshank. He's standing in the middle of the floor not moving. My Gutshank walks over to him and takes a screenshot. About this time my girlfriend is logging on. SHE is able to select Gutshank to play also. A moment later we have three Gutshanks standing around in the tavern with Rugrirry staring at us.

Rarely has so much orc been in one place. I logged and rebooted my computer, dunno WTF is happening but hope my character isn't ruined or some other horrible thing.

Grrr.... Gutshank smash!

JS

Jonathon Spectre
Whiney Peasant

PostAuthor: Sekhmet » Fri Aug 02, 2002 3:14 am

I started having the problem of crashing everytime I got to the character selection screen for Avlis the other night. And it was happening today too, up until I remembered I had installed the Improved Henchmen scripts and removed them. Once I reverted to the originals it I was able to connect to Avlis without crashing instantly.

But I do see Gutshank as a character I can log in on.

Sekhmet
Squire of Babble

Return to The Avlis Project: General Discussion