M'Chek - (0)
Mikona - (0)
Wilderness - (0)
Visimontium - (0)
Underdark - (0)
Total players: 5
Gallery

Links Menu

Have the Holy Warriors Been Developed Yet?

General discussion about Avlis

Moderators: Nighthawk4, Dungeon Masters

Have the Holy Warriors Been Developed Yet?

PostAuthor: Thalion » Sat Jul 27, 2002 6:20 pm

I just got my application approved and I am ready to begin!

I am very interested in developing a character that eventually becomes a holy warrior of Dru'El the CG deity.

I've read somewhere that one really needs to plan feat and skill allocation pretty carefully in order to meet requirements for these types of classes, so I was wondering if there was any information beside what was posted in the Basic Description thread?

Thankee and see everyone in the game,

Thalion

Thalion

PostAuthor: Vian » Sun Jul 28, 2002 6:45 am

Holy Warriors aren't in yet... but will be ;)

Orl will have more to say when he comes back Monday.

Vian
Vian
Team Member; Retired with Honors

PostAuthor: Orleron » Wed Jul 31, 2002 7:39 pm

At this point, holy warriors would require huge DM intervention, and the use of items that give the player his holy warrior powers. The way NWN works right now does not lend itself to making new character classes or prestige classes, unfortunately.

Holy warriors are fairly developed in the pen and paper campaigns.... but not so much in NWN. They will need to be adapted a lot because many of the skills that are involved in the pnp do not exist in the video game.

At this point, development of the holy warriors is not high on the list. But the Avenger class, i.e. the CG holy warrior will come into play once we get started on T'Nanshi, the elven nation. You can expect that to be the second nation that is developed, with M'Chek being the first.

The city of Mikona is nearing completion, which means development on the land outside that city should start in earnest after I get back from my one week vacation.

In the meantime, if you want to be an Avenger eventually, make sure you get at least 5 levels of fighter and take all the heavy armor and shield feats. From there, you will want to advance as a cleric of Dru'El indefinitely.
"Truth has no form."
--Idries Shah

World of Avlis Page

Avlis Project FAQ
Orleron
World Advisor, Co-founder

Timezone: GMT-5

PostAuthor: Thalion » Thu Aug 01, 2002 4:04 am

Okay, looks like the Dru'el Elven Avengers (sounds like a football team) will be a heavy armor fighter/cleric hybrid, rather than a light armor ranger/cleric or rogue/cleric type.

Anywhere I can get some more information on the culture and mindset of the elven people?

Thalion

Thalion

PostAuthor: Orleron » Thu Aug 01, 2002 4:30 am

That is correct. They are armor-wearin' and sluggin' for justice (not Jesus).

I'll have to put more stuff into the basic descriptions on religion and race, but I may not get to do it before I leave.
"Truth has no form."
--Idries Shah

World of Avlis Page

Avlis Project FAQ
Orleron

Timezone: GMT-5

Return to The Avlis Project: General Discussion