Total players: 15
Gallery

Links Menu

Server Question

General discussion about Avlis

Moderators: Nighthawk4, Dungeon Masters

Server Question

PostAuthor: Strangg » Mon Jul 22, 2002 11:31 am

Just wondering if there is any way to have th sever auto-reboot every 4 hours or so? That way for late night nutz like myself and others won;t have to wait too long for server to be reset so we can log on. Kind of stinks i can only get any decent time during the oddest of hours and no one is ever on to reset it due to the admins have normal lives that require being awake while the sun is actually up....
Strangg
Team Member; Retired with Honors

PostAuthor: Orleron » Mon Jul 22, 2002 1:18 pm

We used to have it hooked up to a program called ServerDoc which would reboot the server every time it crashed, but when patch 1.19 came out, ServerDoc stopped working with NWN. :mad: I don't know why, but it did.

Don't confuse the invalid character vault message with the server being down. The server itself is extremely stable and stays up for 11 and 12 hrs at a time easily. It would probably stay up longer, but we update it with something about every 11 to 12 hrs, so we need to take it down.
"Truth has no form."
--Idries Shah

World of Avlis Page

Avlis Project FAQ
Orleron
World Advisor, Co-founder
World Advisor, Co-founder

Timezone: GMT-5

PostAuthor: Strangg » Mon Jul 22, 2002 1:53 pm

Oh i know the server is stable. It;'s the server vault bug that pisses me off. The only way to fix it is to re-boot it. That's why i suggested the auto-reboot. Most of my playign time comes at odd hours. And i know that the person who can do the rebooting is asleep when i normally play. I can usually get on but if i ever get booted or lock up and have to re-connect at 4-5-6 in the morning the server vault is usually bugged/down. If the server could just automatically reset every 4 hours or maybe just once at 2am then again 4 hours later just in case it'd be nice. I know i'm such a whiney peasant, but i'm addicted..heh
Strangg
Team Member; Retired with Honors

Return to The Avlis Project: General Discussion