Gallery

Links Menu

Some tips for better gameplay

General discussion about Avlis

Moderators: Nighthawk4, Dungeon Masters

Some tips for better gameplay

PostAuthor: Vian » Fri Jul 19, 2002 9:30 pm

1) make the scrubbers invisible

2)MAKE THE BANDIT CHIEF DROP SOMETHING!!!! He is the hardest creature to kill... yet he doesn't drop a thing...

I got a Sling +3 off something much weaker than him!! (BTW if anyone wants a sling +3 let me know I will sell it for 5k :D)

3) Make dynamic as well as static triggers (if possible)... or at the very least make the triggers closer to the spawns... I hate having to run back and forth to press the triggers and make things spawn

4) Make the sewers triggered, only place to get decent exp anymore

Thanks for adding the pins... I was going to suggest that since mine kept getting wiped :)

5)Make some timed spawns that spawn i.e. two opposing gangs that are meeting for a gang brawl (with respective gang leaders)

6) (this can be implemented later but is cool nonetheless... however, not as important as solving problems)
Make some guild like quests, such as mercenary guild or thieves guild, whereby you can get a some pay your work, perhaps even rank within the guild for completely work, as well as making money... BUT NO EXP. So that is like a job, make the quests dependent on your rank within the guild, thus as you get higher its gets harder, with more pay and it should take a long time to get to the top ranks, which in the end could lead you to the lead of the rogue's guild in Mikona etc... wherby you start to give out quests to players in order to complete your quest for something greater.

That's all for now, but that is off the top of my head. :)

BTW - I have a simple goblin module, of a cityscape where the goblins have taken over the city... its very simple still... but I could fix it up and show it to you... (it could be a section of the slums that the goblins took over... which is where that small party of goblins in the South Slums, in the very NW corner spawn from ;)

just a thought.

Vian
Vian
Team Member; Retired with Honors

PostAuthor: Orleron » Fri Jul 19, 2002 11:15 pm

1) make the scrubbers invisible

Nah, we like them visible. Don't want to see things disappearing into thin air.

3) Make dynamic as well as static triggers (if possible)... or at the very least make the triggers closer to the spawns... I hate having to run back and forth to press the triggers and make things spawn

This isn't Ultima where everything spawns right in your face. If you wanna kill 'em, you gotta walk to 'em.

Otherwise it turns into a hack and slay game.

4) Make the sewers triggered, only place to get decent exp anymore

Just added different spawns to the sewer. Made them a little easier for the harder levels below that are coming soon. Almost all the NPC's in the sewer are from triggers believe it or not.

5)Make some timed spawns that spawn i.e. two opposing gangs that are meeting for a gang brawl (with respective gang leaders)

Your welcome... was my pleasure.

6) (this can be implemented later but is cool nonetheless... however, not as important as solving problems)
Make some guild like quests, such as mercenary guild or thieves guild, whereby you can get a some pay your work, perhaps even rank within the guild for completely work, as well as making money... BUT NO EXP. So that is like a job, make the quests dependent on your rank within the guild, thus as you get higher its gets harder, with more pay and it should take a long time to get to the top ranks, which in the end could lead you to the lead of the rogue's guild in Mikona etc... wherby you start to give out quests to players in order to complete your quest for something greater.

Definitely a cool idea. We don't have the manpower yet to do it, but we just put out the applications today.
"Truth has no form."
--Idries Shah

World of Avlis Page

Avlis Project FAQ
Orleron
World Advisor, Co-founder
World Advisor, Co-founder

Timezone: GMT-5

Return to The Avlis Project: General Discussion