Total players: 3
Gallery

Links Menu

I wonder...

General discussion about Avlis

Moderators: Nighthawk4, Dungeon Masters

I wonder...

PostAuthor: Orleron » Thu Jul 18, 2002 8:00 pm

We have so far 113 people that have gotten their apps accepted. I wonder if the number of people on line will pick up at all. Yesterday we had about 70 apps accepted and there were only about 6 or 7 people online at a time during peak night hours. I'm curious to see what the Total Members:# People online ratio is.

That will tell us what our cap membership will be with only one server (not that we can't add more servers, we are doing this anyway, but...)
"Truth has no form."
--Idries Shah

World of Avlis Page

Avlis Project FAQ
Orleron
World Advisor, Co-founder

Timezone: GMT-5

PostAuthor: Vrok » Fri Jul 19, 2002 3:06 am

Hate to say but it needs to be more built out to get more people online - the generators are good for about 5-10 people...but when many things don't respawn that can be a problem...

Vrok
Knight of Useless Drivel

PostAuthor: Orleron » Fri Jul 19, 2002 4:09 am

I don't doubt it. Once there's more land for all of you to spread out on it should pick up.
"Truth has no form."
--Idries Shah

World of Avlis Page

Avlis Project FAQ
Orleron

PostAuthor: Strangg » Fri Jul 19, 2002 2:15 pm

At one point late last night there were 10 or 12 people on, most i ever seen was 5 or 6. So it is picking up. However like it has been said before it is tough when ther eisn't much respawn happening and not many places to go.

As far as crowding is concerned i know of at least two worlds that actually have more than one "server" to combat overcrowding. One's max player cap[acity is 120 with 60 players on each "server" i'm not sure what the others is. They just use portals to go between each place. One is split up by continent with about the same zones on each continent level and number wise. I never really checked out the other much so i'm not sure how it is set up. I'm sure smethign set up liek that is expensive however, but it's a good idea.
Strangg
Team Member; Retired with Honors

PostAuthor: Orleron » Fri Jul 19, 2002 2:39 pm

We plan on doing something like that but right now there is no need for it.

The general plan is to make each city a server, and put a "Wilderness" server that goes between all of them. If we need more machines, we can get them, but for now there is no need for it.

We're being stretched to our limits with the amount of labor involved in this thing. I literally spend every free waking moment while not at work on Avlis. We're gonna put out help applications today I think. Or very soon.l
"Truth has no form."
--Idries Shah

World of Avlis Page

Avlis Project FAQ
Orleron

Return to The Avlis Project: General Discussion