Uploaded by: Ronan
    Uploaded: Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:04 am

Links Menu

greetings

General discussion about Avlis

Moderators: Nighthawk4, Dungeon Masters

greetings

PostAuthor: lymang » Wed Jul 17, 2002 3:26 pm

Hello everyone. I just wanted to say hi. I have sent in my application to get on the NWN Avlis server. Hopefully I'll "pass" and get on! I am still playing the single player campaign, and enjoying it greatly. I'm traveling for business right now so even if I did get accepted I can't play till either this weekend or early next week, but I am really looking forward to playing online. Avlis looks like a lot of fun, and I'm very glad to see there is so much control over the world by its owners and that they want roleplayers.

Lyman
lymang

PostAuthor: Silk » Wed Jul 17, 2002 5:39 pm

It's really not a pass/fail kind of application. We just want some accountability so we know who players are in case they choose to cause issues.

I'm glad you can join us.

When I was on last night, I am trully impressed by the calibur of players we have. There's some really terrific roleplaying going on... It feels totally like when we used to do Live Action Roleplaying.
Silk

Member of the MadK@t lover's group.
Silk
Co-Founder

PostAuthor: lymang » Wed Jul 17, 2002 8:53 pm

Originally posted by Silk
It's really not a pass/fail kind of application. We just want some accountability so we know who players are in case they choose to cause issues.

I'm glad you can join us.

When I was on last night, I am trully impressed by the calibur of players we have. There's some really terrific roleplaying going on... It feels totally like when we used to do Live Action Roleplaying.

Oh. I guess I misinterpreted the tone of the application page. It seemed like it was a "we'll maybe let you in" sort of thing.
This is probably as a result of the fact that I have never played online and haven't really experienced the problems of idiot players or players who cause problems.

On the other hand, I certainly understand the issues at hand, even if only in a paper sense. I'm in the RPGA (WotC's worldwide gaming org) and we face the issue of disruptive and/or cheating players with fair regularity.

Lyman
lymang

PostAuthor: Vrok » Wed Jul 17, 2002 9:51 pm

Thanks for the compliments on rp last night. It helped the DM decided to kill us. ;)

Vrok
Knight of Useless Drivel

PostAuthor: Silk » Thu Jul 18, 2002 1:43 pm

Yeah, I spawned a low level Drow encounter.... unfortunately what is low level to a drow is lethal to everyone else. :P

Sorry about that.
Silk

Member of the MadK@t lover's group.
Silk
Co-Founder

PostAuthor: Vrok » Thu Jul 18, 2002 6:29 pm

What level are the Drow, by the way? The bandit chief and higher level undead seem tough enough for now...

Vrok
Knight of Useless Drivel

Return to The Avlis Project: General Discussion