Total players: 2
Gallery

Links Menu

Idea for Misty

General discussion about Avlis

Moderators: Nighthawk4, Dungeon Masters

Idea for Misty

PostAuthor: Vanoviel » Mon Mar 18, 2002 11:08 pm

During off time between campaigns you should try a get more powerful gems for the bow. Start out with a honking big expensive sapphire(Cone of Cold) and a huge ruby(Fireball). Also get a emerald and figure out what that does. You can make it a mission of new thieves in the guild to have to steal the gems as an initiation rite. So you don't have to pay for them.
Vanoviel
Apprentice Scholar

PostAuthor: Orleron » Tue Mar 19, 2002 3:51 am

By the way, Orianna is having a decent time starting up a thieve's guild in Mikon. (What do you want to name it?) But you run into trouble with the OTHER thieves guild that already exists in the city. Still, you are getting help from some of your old friends who you used to know back in Andarr, like Derot Slimshadow for instance. The Grey Dirk Guild from Andar is helping you financially and giving you a little manpower in exchange for "trade" between your two guilds.
"Truth has no form."
--Idries Shah

World of Avlis Page

Avlis Project FAQ
Orleron
World Advisor, Co-founder

Timezone: GMT-5

PostAuthor: Silk » Tue Mar 19, 2002 2:16 pm

Andrinor is going to encourage some of his more powerful worshipers to lend support for Orianna's guild. You know, like Fireballs in 6x6 Rooms of enemies and such.
Silk

Member of the MadK@t lover's group.
Silk
Co-Founder

PostAuthor: Orleron » Tue Mar 19, 2002 5:20 pm

You get a warning from Angadar basically saying "Stay outta my domain you wannabe hack."
Orleron

PostAuthor: Silk » Tue Mar 19, 2002 6:01 pm

who what? huh?
Silk

Silk
Co-Founder

PostAuthor: Misty » Tue Mar 19, 2002 7:04 pm

I already have a sapphire but I'll look into getting a ruby and any other useful gem.

I'll starting thinking of a guild name.
"Spent quite the night with Gimli. Those braids! That axe! I am smitten. No more hobbits for me, it is dwarves all the way now."
Misty
Apprentice Scholar

PostAuthor: Orleron » Tue Mar 19, 2002 7:52 pm

Orianna you seem to figure out that the gems that work in the bow are diamond (petrification), ruby (fireball), sapphire (cone of cold), and emerald (stinking cloud).

Semi precious stones don't seem to work.

Angadar gets a little annoyed when the god of magic starts interfering in Roguish matters. But Orianna, you do get a couple of Angadar's "new" priests coming to you to serve in your guild. They proclaimed themselves as clerics of Tianna, but you know better than that... in fact, not even THEY know that their goddess is dead. What you do with that information is up to you.
Orleron

PostAuthor: Silk » Tue Mar 19, 2002 9:22 pm

In a dream, I relate to all my high level priest/sorcerer/wizards the sequence of events that lead to Angadar taking up the Mantal of Trickery and Deciet.

I end the dream with all of us sitting at a tavern in huge bouts of laughter over all the Trickter's duped followers.
Silk

Silk
Co-Founder

PostAuthor: Vanoviel » Tue Mar 19, 2002 10:36 pm

Misty-

The more the gem is in value the more effective the corresponding spell will be. With a big and more expensive sapphire the cone of cold damage will go up.
Vanoviel
Apprentice Scholar

PostAuthor: Orleron » Wed Mar 20, 2002 5:07 am

Your priests/sorcerers/wizards don't seem to care in the least. They are more interested in augmenting their libraries and finding out what kind of extra power you can give them.
"Truth has no form."
--Idries Shah

World of Avlis Page

Avlis Project FAQ
Orleron

PostAuthor: Silk » Wed Mar 20, 2002 2:15 pm

Fine then. I send them a bunch of really fucked up nightmares involving their torture. Then I cause the massive diarhea for 5 days.
Silk

Silk
Co-Founder

PostAuthor: Orleron » Wed Mar 20, 2002 3:41 pm

Your lawful good followers are especially annoyed and they start looking for alternatives to worshipping you. You feel some of your power wane as you lose the worshippers.
Orleron

PostAuthor: Silk » Wed Mar 20, 2002 6:47 pm

Fine, I start recruiting some of the chaotic evil sorcerers/wizards to balance things out.

In their dreams i tell them the locations of one (1) prominant former lawful good worshipper... and implant a suggestion to tear him a new asshole.

Then I send dreams to the rest of the "former woshippers" that all is good and I forgive them pending their return.
Silk

Silk
Co-Founder

PostAuthor: Orleron » Wed Mar 20, 2002 7:21 pm

Okie dokie... now all of the lawful good, neutral and evil arcane magic users see that the new god of magic is extremely chaotic and they band togethor against the chaotic mages just after the first assassinations. The neutrals are pretty happy, but now with 2/3rds of the magic users fighting each other the orcs start reassembling to capitalize on it.
You get a visit from Gorethar and Toran (the lawful good greater god and the lawful neutral greater god). They warn you that these actions could lead to a revival of the Great War which they don't want. They tell you you better end the squabble and chill out. They've got armies of dwarves and dracon, both warriors and priests ready to back themselves up in addition to their own personal might.
Orleron

Return to The Avlis Project: General Discussion