Underdark - (0)
Total players: 6

Links Menu

A question about psionics

General discussion about Avlis

Moderators: Nighthawk4, Dungeon Masters

A question about psionics

PostAuthor: QuizatzHaderach » Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:40 am

So on the wiki psionic expertise(s) are listed as providing a 10% cost reduction, as well as enhancing their effects by 10%.
The in game description only lists the cost reduction. I would like to know what is going on here before I take any of these. Can someone throw me a metaphorical bone here?
As the size of an explosion increases, the number of problems it is incapable of solving approaches zero.
Scholar of Fools

Re: A question about psionics

PostAuthor: Sathsarrion » Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:23 am

The wiki page is correct. Psionic expertise will reduce the PSP cost of all abilities in one discipline, and also increase the effect of the specific powers listed in it's wiki description.
Timezone: GMT+10

Re: A question about psionics

PostAuthor: Jazz » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:08 am

Avlis systems are often tweaked since release. These tweaks are sometimes not listed in IG descriptions (like spells giving the old Bioware description/duration, not the Avlis Spellhooking description/duration). Psionics is one of them. The system was created by a 3rd party and Avlis implemented it as they/he made it. Later it was tweaked a bit and these tweaks are listen on the Wiki, not the IG description of the powers.

And yes, as Sathsarrion says, the Wiki is correct :) Taking Expertise several times may also benefit you.
Team Member; Retired with Honors
Timezone: GMT +1/+2

Return to The Avlis Project: General Discussion