Uploaded by: Brayon
    Uploaded: Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:23 am

Links Menu

Replacing old friends

General discussion about Avlis

Moderators: Nighthawk4, Dungeon Masters

Replacing old friends

PostAuthor: Trigger » Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:07 am

So, tonight I got the Warden's Coat, a piece of armour that I've been hoping to get for a long time, and so, it was with regret that I replaced my trusty armour, the Eco-Friendly Armor of Old. I have had that armour on Naia since a haunted house event that i'm 99% certain that Pleth ran waaaay back when Naia was level 8, she is now level 33.

25 levels is a long time to use the same piece of equipment for, and it got me thinking, what is the piece of equipment that you have used for the longest? i.e. has been your main helmet/cloak/bracers or what-have-you.

Trigger
Team Member; Retired with Honors

Re: Replacing old friends

PostAuthor: Fellock Dust Talon » Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:53 am

Fellock has been using the same scimitar, aptly named Fellock's Trusty Scimitar, since a few days after I started playing him. Although it was just a vendor bought weapon, the thing has been upgraded over time to the point that I can't imagine it will ever be replaced.
Fellock Dust Talon
Roleplayer of the Year 2016

PostAuthor: Elradra » Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:12 am

For Elra it's probably the Battlebands she's had since she was still an Ebony initiate and had upgraded/bound with a scripted quest. She also still has a Cloak of Wit that Vintrinia Carnen gifted her when she was looking for a mage order, but she keeps sentimental stuff like that in storage where she won't lose it.

Though Rade has a special little rapier that was payment for guarding another PC, and a Blade of Pain that's been upgraded all to heck, her longest-used piece of gear that she refuses to upgrade is her bow. A Spirit of T'Nanshi, it represents her pride in her nation and thus her disdain for shortlives of all kinds as well. It doesn't hurt that it helps with sneaking.
Elradra
Prince of Bloated Discourse

Timezone: Central US

PostAuthor: Coco » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:21 am

Scarlet has been using the same armor in combat, since I was a lowbie with her back in Elysia, and was a gift from Kero Tevez.

The same goes for her main equipment - her necklace, battlebands, helmet, belt and her scythe (belt and scythe has been upgraded over time). They were all her first items back when she was "young" and had "base" in Elysia.

Coco
Prince of Bloated Discourse

Timezone: +1

PostAuthor: Dull Fred » Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:16 am

Wok's wokker, of course, though it has been upgraded multiple times by various DMs, it started life as a crafted item - the purchase price was 'lots' naturally. Wok lubs 'is wokker.

My Mouze ... sad to say in a way, but nothing. His gear has changed many times over and morphs irregularly.
Freddull Mouze - Ashen Mage

Wok - stoopid goblin, innit

Dull Fred
Scholar of Fools

Timezone: gmt

PostAuthor: gutemensch » Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:52 am

Some of my main's gear dates way way back to her Elysia days. Little upgrade here and there with a description of who gave it to her and why; a ring and bracer set. Oldest is her lute that she performs with these days and she wasn't even a bard back then; just from an IG family of them.
Nawen Wiki | Loash Leheven Wiki | Paradise Boutique and Emporium Wiki | FRAwen Wiki

2016 winner of The Micah Ormane Prize for Narcissism
gutemensch
Assist Staff
Assist Staff

Timezone: -6
DM Avatar: Mishlekh

PostAuthor: Xeo » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:53 am

gutemensch wrote:Some of my main's gear dates way way back to her Elysia days. Little upgrade here and there with a description of who gave it to her and why; a ring and bracer set. Oldest is her lute that she performs with these days and she wasn't even a bard back then; just from an IG family of them.

I can't remember if I added some description(s)... X:| :D

My answer to this thread is... "I craft and upgrade my own stuff. With the expectation of one item and that was a remort of a Sereg PC."
Silk wrote:I don't know, I think flinging poo in a catapult could be pretty damn effective.
I know if I was on the battlefield and I got hit by a pile of shit... I'd probably go home.
Xeo
Master Sage

Timezone: UK

PostAuthor: Sephira » Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:53 pm

[I loooove this thread]

For Lily, probably her two remort items. In fact, when I was chatting with Teleniel about gear goals, I specifically had these exempt from upgrading or replacing.

562 563
"Insanity - a perfectly rational adjustment to an insane world." RD Laing
Sephira
Major DM
Major DM

Timezone: US Eastern, -5/-4
DM Avatar: Yeraiah

PostAuthor: Cameron Klym » Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:37 pm

Tor's oldest piece of gear is his amulet, which he has had since early 2003.

Cameron Klym
Roleplayer of the Year 2015

Timezone: -0700 GMT

PostAuthor: Zerub » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:32 pm

Probably would have to be Zerub's Sword. Not sure when he exactly got it, but it has been updated many times through the years. I don't ever see him switching it out for any other. He holds that it is one of the finest long swords that there is. I always liked the concept of keeping a weapon though the whole span of a PC, if a fighter type that is. Most books and things you read will have the hero and their weapon that is legendary!

Scott

Zerub
Apprentice Scholar

Timezone: utc -6

PostAuthor: FireFly » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:25 pm

Ays' armor she has had the longest. Got it when I started playing in 2004. It was a gift from Lelik of the OoG and has had no enhancements added to it. It's look has changed a few times during the years though.
Ayslynne Varson
FireFly
Apprentice Scholar

Timezone: central

PostAuthor: Vichan Lyonsen » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:41 pm

For Saman like Zerub it would have to be his sword “Orphans edge” the sword is a redgate bastard sword with only one slight modification. Saman has had ample opportunity to replace it with a more enhanced blade but a redgate sword is blessed by Dra’nar so he continues to use it.
I've spent most of my money on beer, fast women, and fast cars. The rest I just wasted .
Vichan Lyonsen
CCC
CCC

Timezone: pacific

PostAuthor: Gorgon » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:36 am

My emote wand! (kidding, though I still have it at home). :P

Not including things I've probably recycled a million times (ore shovel, invis rings and so on), I'd say Smeec's oldest existing item in inventory is his "~ME~ Holy Symbol" (you figure it out). It was merged with one of those old off-world caravan ammy's long ago. It is not very useful now, but +6 heal/lore/spot, plus the original perks on one item was handy for a long time, especially with it being plot (though not something he'd wear in public).

I don't know what I'd upgrade that to, but thanks for reminding me about it!
"God not only plays dice, he throws them in the corner where you can't see them."
-- Stephen William Hawking (b. 1942) --

Sprucing up ye olde NWN | Modifying nwn.ini and nwnplayer.ini | ~Rare Items Wanted~ | Stealth Modifiers
Gorgon
CCC - Special Projects Manager
CCC - Special Projects Manager

Timezone: PST -8

PostAuthor: gutemensch » Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:29 am

lol I remember Lelik!
Nawen Wiki | Loash Leheven Wiki | Paradise Boutique and Emporium Wiki | FRAwen Wiki

2016 winner of The Micah Ormane Prize for Narcissism
gutemensch
Assist Staff
Assist Staff

Timezone: -6
DM Avatar: Mishlekh

PostAuthor: Blizzow » Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:13 am

Fabello has had the same belt since I’m not sure when, level 10 or so? It is a fairly standard belt, picked up from some merchant for cheap, with a slight modification...
This particular belt has a special buckle crafted by the company mage of the Wild Geese, shaped into the image of a goose.

I like to imagine that it appears to be lunging outward, wings spread, an angry look in its beady eyes. I recently found a replacement, but am having a hard time giving up Fabello’s virile pelvic goose.

All good things must come to an end :(
Blizzow
Scholar of Fools

Timezone: -7 GMT (PST)

Return to The Avlis Project: General Discussion