Underdark - (0)
Total players: 1
Gallery
  • Winter Ball 2015
    Album name: DM Events
    Uploaded by: Ronan
    Uploaded: Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:41 pm

Links Menu

Another "I think I found a bug" request topic.

General discussion about Avlis

Moderators: Nighthawk4, Dungeon Masters

Another "I think I found a bug" request topic.

PostAuthor: Gorgon » Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:17 am

A friendly (very non-official) reminder from a bug fixer:

If you think you have found a bug, or even if you aren't sure, please use the Bug Tracker to report it. There is a link on the sidebar for "Report a Bug", so you don't need to look for it. :wink:

Ask the team and the Player's idea box are great places to ask, and get replies from the staff, about anything. I personally have those in my RSS news feed (one of my favorites). Unfortunately that isn't the place for bug reporting.

The forum isn't a good place for bug reports, or even asking if something is a bug, because the people who fix those bugs have hundreds of things in the queue all going on at the same time. They are very easy to forget without a proper issue tracker that keeps them all in one place.

If you report something that ends up not being a bug, the worst that will happen is it gets closed with a "not a bug" reply, and we'll explain why. If it is a bug, and you aren't sure if it is an exploitable issue, or something that is FOIG (crafting recipes or whatever), then there is a handy "private" issue thing you can check when submitting it (or even adding a note to a public issue). You and the Dev staff still see the issue and replies, but no one else. If it is a bug, that is the best way to get it looked at, and fixed if it can be.

*edits* If you register on the bug tracker with a different name than your forum account here, please mention your forum name, so we can send you a PM if we have any questions. Most folks don't check back to see if a reply has been made in the tracker.

I know people have made previous reports on the old Javaforge/codeBeamer tracker about things, and some of those got brought over to the current one, but if you don't see it in the new one (just type search words in the filter box), then please report it again.

Things are getting fixed, and I'm sure the QA staff that tests all these fixes wants a raise (why not join them? :mrgreen: ), but it won't get fixed if we don't know about it. :P

We all want Avlis working bug free as much as you do!
"God not only plays dice, he throws them in the corner where you can't see them."
-- Stephen William Hawking (b. 1942) --

Sprucing up ye olde NWN | Modifying nwn.ini and nwnplayer.ini | ~Rare Items Wanted~ | Stealth Modifiers
Gorgon
QA's 2nd|CCC Mobster
QA's 2nd|CCC Mobster

Timezone: PST -8

Return to The Avlis Project: General Discussion