Uploaded by: Ronan
    Uploaded: Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:33 am

Links Menu

Events Sign-up - August 9th Onward.

General discussion about Avlis

Moderators: Nighthawk4, Dungeon Masters

Re: Events Sign-up - August 9th Onward.

PostAuthor: Kinjara » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:52 pm

AT&T, my internet provider, is having significant issues in my area to the point that I cannot play. Have fun everyone.

Kinjara
Squire of Babble

Timezone: Eastern

PostAuthor: StarlightCargo » Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:05 pm

*Whistler wraps his cloak around him and sets out on the mountain path. He looks for Inns, taverns and homes along the way, marking how many people reside there and what state they are in. He also makes a note of anything unusual or noteworthy*

((The group wants to know whether there are inns along the way, and also if Whistler can surmise how many people are there and if they can be bought off and for how much))
StarlightCargo
Squire of Babble

PostAuthor: Nob » Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:43 am

The route that the entourage would need to take has a number of small inns and hamlets along the way - the fact that it's a mounted party requires them to take a well developed (if somewhat slow) road down the line.
"Andrinor grant me the patience not to kill those who screw things up through stupidity, the power to incinerate those who screw things up on purpose, and the wisdom to distinguish between one and the other." -The War Mage's Serenity Prayer
Nob
Elder DM
Elder DM

DM Avatar: Dead but still a Dreamer

PostAuthor: Abraxas » Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:25 am

"Carter, Carter Sane," the young man says by way of introduction at the village tavern. "Is it always this cold?" After buying himself an ale and a warm supper, he passes among the crowd, listening for gossip about the person he's here to learn about. He casually asks about the taverns along a certain mountainous route, trying to determine which among them has the reputation as the shadiest and cheapest. "Coin is hard to come by, as you know, and a thrifty man has to choose his spots."

((OOC: The main purpose here is to discover which inn, if any, is most likely to be cheap to buy, and how desperate the staff of that tavern is for coin.))

Abraxas
Squire of Babble

PostAuthor: Abraxas » Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:51 pm

((I won't be able to make tonight's session, if there is one, but I'll be back for the rest of this week.))

Abraxas
Squire of Babble

PostAuthor: Nob » Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:24 pm

Hey guys

I need to sort out a few things in meatspace today, and will, I think, need to postpone the next session until Wednesday.

Please let me know if this is inconvenient for any of you - I'll definitely find a better way to keep you involved.
"Andrinor grant me the patience not to kill those who screw things up through stupidity, the power to incinerate those who screw things up on purpose, and the wisdom to distinguish between one and the other." -The War Mage's Serenity Prayer
Nob
Elder DM
Elder DM

PostAuthor: Ninjar » Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:32 pm

Take the time you need! I'm still available for Wednesday
Ninjar
Major DM
Major DM

Timezone: GMT +2

PostAuthor: dashdot » Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:53 pm

No worries Nob, and I know one of us couldn't make it tonight, so probably for the best.

Wednesday is fine with me too.
dashdot
Prince of Bloated Discourse

PostAuthor: StarlightCargo » Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:45 pm

I just let out a huge sigh of relief as I FORGOT that it was monday today. I panicked and rushed to my computer just now and I am relieved it's postponed. See you wednesday.
StarlightCargo
Squire of Babble

PostAuthor: Dirigible » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:34 pm

Ah, unfortunately I can't make Wednesday. Apologies! I'm about Thursday and can catch with you lot then if there's any more sessions planned :)
Sing for your supper.

Characters:Gann Eider, Skrike Lastbreath & Rakuug Yug'loz

Dirigible
Scholar of Fools

Timezone: GMT

PostAuthor: Ninjar » Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:18 am

Dirigible wrote:Ah, unfortunately I can't make Wednesday. Apologies! I'm about Thursday and can catch with you lot then if there's any more sessions planned :)

I knew we should have elected a Vice Leader ;)
Ninjar
Major DM
Major DM

PostAuthor: Abraxas » Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:28 am

And ... it looks like I can make it for the start on Wednesday, but I might have to log after an hour or ninety minutes. Thursday, however, looks like clear sailing.

Would it be acceptable to everyone else if we moved the start time up an hour (2000 GMT instead of 2100) for Wednesday of this week? If not, game on!

Abraxas
Squire of Babble

PostAuthor: Nob » Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:48 pm

Alright guys.

A short note today:

So, I didn't explain specifically why I wasn't around on Monday - I've been sorting through some adjustments to a new course of medications and also dealing with a handful of situations in meatspace.

Things had gotten to the point where I needed a hospital visit on Monday (for various tests), and I've been going back and forth a bit on my moods and productivity.

I really can't handle the concentration I need to adequately DM you guys today.

Most of the worst of this should taper off by early next week, and I feel like an ass for having to tell you that I need that bit of breathing space to sort through the pendulum swings in mood in the mean time.

That's the bad news.

The Good News:
The plan is to basically run events on an every other day basis next week. Total session count should be about 6 events, depending on what your characters choose to do and how they choose to do so.

I'd like to start on Tuesday - if everyone can make it. If not let's see which day between Mon. through Wed. works for everyone. I'm going to hope we can move it forward from there.

I'm really sorry about the ball dropping here, and that's entirely on me.

If you have any questions, or would just like to discuss how the next few events will be structured, please continue posting on this thread or PMing me.
Nob
Elder DM
Elder DM

PostAuthor: Abraxas » Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:11 pm

To be honest, Nob, rescheduling is a bit of a relief. I'd have had to cut out early today, and this week is a little topsy-turvy for me. I'm sorry, though, to hear the reason behind the postponement; I hope you get the rest and relief you need.

To the others: I'm game for bringing Carter to a small outing, maybe an hour to ninety minutes, starting at 2100 GMT. Anyone who's interested, let's meet at the Le'Or marketplace and make a plan.

Abraxas
Squire of Babble

PostAuthor: dashdot » Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:17 pm

Yeah, I agree with Abraxas, and it's a game, we'll live with the postponement, in the grand scheme of things it really doesn't matter at all! Take all the time you need to get better and back on form, your health is the most important. We'll be here when you're well again.

I'm good for the meetup in Le'Or! Will be there - see you later!

edit: double post, then deleted the other one, arg, forum mess up, sorry
Last edited by dashdot on Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dashdot
Prince of Bloated Discourse

PostAuthor: Ninjar » Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:00 pm

Take the time and the space you need Nob, by all means.

Having said that: Tuesday is the only day next week that is a no-go for me, but other than that I'm completely available and if it works for everyone else you should go on without me!
Ninjar
Major DM
Major DM

PostAuthor: StarlightCargo » Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:44 pm

All days next week are looking good for me, the important thing for me is the timeframe 2000 - 2200 GMT.

I vote we start wednesday. No need to rush it. We're starting a new leg of the journey in the story so there's no harm in getting proper settled in before we proceed. Hope the weekend treats you nice!
StarlightCargo
Squire of Babble

PostAuthor: StarlightCargo » Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:06 pm

Abraxas wrote:
To the others: I'm game for bringing Carter to a small outing, maybe an hour to ninety minutes, starting at 2100 GMT. Anyone who's interested, let's meet at the Le'Or marketplace and make a plan.

Count me in.
StarlightCargo
Squire of Babble

PostAuthor: Abraxas » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:43 pm

15-minute bump!

Abraxas
Squire of Babble

PostAuthor: Dirigible » Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:06 pm

No worries Nob. Look after yourself first! I'm easy most eves apart from Wednesday next week. x
Sing for your supper.

Characters:Gann Eider, Skrike Lastbreath & Rakuug Yug'loz

Dirigible
Scholar of Fools

Timezone: GMT

PostAuthor: Nob » Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:15 pm

Alright folks.

I've gotten most of my stuff settled (still dealing with some asshole stealing my debit card info, but I digress) so I'm going to tentatively lay out what the plan will be on this plot this week:

Monday 8/21 (Nob continues to deal with RL issues)
Tuesday, 8/22 - 2130 GMT - We run the next part of the plot.
Thursday 8/24 - 2130 GMT - The session after Tuesday
Tuesday 8/30 - 2100 GMT - Planned Final event for this plot thread - this session will be longer than the last few - the goal will be to get this done in around ~3 hours as opposed to the 90 minute goals on each of the last few events.
Nob
Elder DM
Elder DM

PostAuthor: Nob » Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:17 pm

Reminder:
We'll be having an event today.

Then we'll take a breather, before picking up again on Thursday.

Also - please note the start time for today will be 2130, not the usual 2100.
Nob
Elder DM
Elder DM

PostAuthor: StarlightCargo » Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:32 am

I'm sorry I had to leave, could anyone update me in the PM's?
StarlightCargo
Squire of Babble

PostAuthor: StarlightCargo » Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:21 pm

Event today yes? In 1 hr 40 mins?
StarlightCargo
Squire of Babble

PostAuthor: Nob » Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:08 pm

My apologies everyone - I had something come up today.

I'm going to reschedule this for Thursday - same time.

Shouldn't be any problems for me on that day - is there anyone who can't make that?
Nob
Elder DM
Elder DM

PreviousNext

Return to The Avlis Project: General Discussion