Gallery

Links Menu

Sailors Guild: Arrr or Nrrrr?

General discussion about Avlis

Moderators: Nighthawk4, Dungeon Masters

Re: Sailors Guild: Arrr or Nrrrr?

PostAuthor: Nighthawk4 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:12 pm

Remember the ACE Meeting is tonight at 20:00 GMT. Sekor awaits :lol:
Life is never as bad as you think it is, although that doesn't help at the time.

Orleron wrote:I think it's a fun idea if you can idiot-proof it. Problem is God always builds a better idiot. :P

Please visit:
Avlis UK, ACE Forum and SATF Forum

Nighthawk4
Eldest DM
Eldest DM

Timezone: GMT
DM Avatar: DruEl

PostAuthor: Chasman » Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:01 am

I also would suggest thinking of it as less guild and more a trading company or ships crew. I would def be down for some nautical action ( Already has a character pictured, named and story developing , in his head).
Chasman
Apprentice Scholar

PostAuthor: Xeo » Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:35 am

A forum is being created, so that's a huge step indeed! :D

I want to meet up ICly with anyone interested over the weekend and also send me a OOC pm so I can get a head count. We can carry on this discussion on the boards. So as I've seen a couple of players are thinking of remorts and Chasman is dreaming one up. So a bit more discussion is needed but looks like some really positive interest.

Arrr!
Silk wrote:I don't know, I think flinging poo in a catapult could be pretty damn effective.
I know if I was on the battlefield and I got hit by a pile of shit... I'd probably go home.
Xeo
Master Sage

Timezone: UK

PostAuthor: Grunt » Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:30 pm

It sounds like a lot of fun!

Isn't putting together a guild application putting the cart before the horse? Does it meet guild requirements? Board interest isn't the same as actual IG interaction and work/play. See how it pans out in practice before getting too hung up on theory. You're writing out a SWAGS app as if this is how you all have already played.

Midnight mercenary co. met up often, yet never went for guild status. FEAT went for guild status, yet went through hoops to get it. I think Chasman is on the right track. See how the idea sticks, and go from there. Make guild sponsorship secondary!
FletcherWiki

*Stepping out of a portal*
Nawen Amakiir: there he is.. *smirks* someone had to make an entrance
Fletcher Millstone: MILLSTONE! *arms held high*
Lilliana Be'letane: You're the worst, Fletcher.
Grunt
CCC
CCC

Timezone: I AM A TIME LORD

PostAuthor: Xeo » Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:45 pm

Grunt wrote:It sounds like a lot of fun!

Isn't putting together a guild application putting the cart before the horse? Does it meet guild requirements? Board interest isn't the same as actual IG interaction and work/play. See how it pans out in practice before getting too hung up on theory. You're writing out a SWAGS app as if this is how you all have already played.

Midnight mercenary co. met up often, yet never went for guild status. FEAT went for guild status, yet went through hoops to get it. I think Chasman is on the right track. See how the idea sticks, and go from there. Make guild sponsorship secondary!

There is no guild status, there are no perks and there is no sponsorship.

There is only a board where creative ideas can be discussed amongst those who are interested and a platform to build on. Then if structure is sound and fits with Avlis and everything you just said... Then a full application can be submitted.

I've have some experience here on Avlis...

I will even add that there will be NO IC posting of any sort. It will be purely OOC discussions. IC discussion IG of course can take place and most of it should be done there. But the flavor, structure, lore and material having a board will be helpful.

This might not get anywhere and fall to the way side. Great thing here it's a positive creative movement in bringing more RP and lore development to Avlis.

So we shall see... I'm willing to invest my time as I think it could be alot of fun.
Silk wrote:I don't know, I think flinging poo in a catapult could be pretty damn effective.
I know if I was on the battlefield and I got hit by a pile of shit... I'd probably go home.
Xeo
Master Sage

PostAuthor: Xeo » Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:08 pm

Grunt wrote:It sounds like a lot of fun!

Ill do it through the General Discussions board and create a new think tank thread.

Thank you!
Xeo
Master Sage

PostAuthor: Xeo » Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:16 pm

... I have not forgotten about this. I will create a OOC thread for development soon.

I've already started to spread the word IG.
Xeo
Master Sage

PostAuthor: Xeo » Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:22 pm

Xeo
Master Sage

PostAuthor: Nighthawk4 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:10 pm

ACE Ship Launching - maybe Thursday? :prost:
Life is never as bad as you think it is, although that doesn't help at the time.

Orleron wrote:I think it's a fun idea if you can idiot-proof it. Problem is God always builds a better idiot. :P

Please visit:

Nighthawk4
Eldest DM
Eldest DM

PostAuthor: Xeo » Tue Jan 31, 2017 6:36 pm

Nighthawk4 wrote:ACE Ship Launching - maybe Thursday? :prost:

That would be a wonderful opportunity to Roleplay. I will be there! Arrr!
Xeo
Master Sage

PostAuthor: Nighthawk4 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:11 pm

The ACE quayside and Ship are both now live. Fun starts on Thursday, although we will probably take a look Wednesday as well, before the Performance Evening :wink:

Please visit:

Nighthawk4
Eldest DM
Eldest DM

PostAuthor: galen_macbyrne » Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:47 am

ACE's new ship's Maiden Voyage/Shakedown cruise. Na sacrificial maidens needed, interested passengers na turned away who can maken self useful on board and notte gette in way. ((Although, a PC or NPC priest of Ingoren and/or priestess of Verossa to bless the launch has been requested))

Whair meet? At thee ACE quayside, Port Eridanus, sou'eastern corner of thee port
Whair voyage to? Being discussed even now. Comen si!
When? This comen Sun's-Di, 1500 gnomon time.
Who? Anyone welcome who will follow orders or stay out of thee way of crew.
Bring: Rations and grog for self. Ship's Katte likes milk.

((Sunday Feb 5, 1500 GMT/1000 Eastern US. Castoff shortly after! Port Eridanus, Ferrell server. DM is Dru'El.))
Galen
PC's:
Garthond Foehammer - Most Stereotyped PC, 2011 Irreverence Awards
Mirkduil Ellerentar - Guild Leader, ACE
Arglebargle Dinklehoffer - Red Order of the Flame
Slide Toefungus

galen_macbyrne
QA Tester
QA Tester

Timezone: US - Eastern

Previous

Return to The Avlis Project: General Discussion