Total players: 2
Gallery

Links Menu

Crafting XP discussion - split from AtT: Player's Idea Box

General discussion about Avlis

Moderators: Nighthawk4, Dungeon Masters

Re: Crafting XP discussion - split from AtT: Player's Idea B

PostAuthor: Sathsarrion » Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:26 am

Gorgon wrote:I find it interesting that the people complaining the most are the ones who have also benefited the most from those gains (never suggesting how they would correct that either). :P

OK. An actual suggestion then. Add a cap on how much XP can be gained from a single crafting batch. Or just disable bulk crafting on the artificing items so that they can't be made in batches larger than 5. A batch that size can still jump one or two levels, but nowhere near all the way from 12 to 20
Sathsarrion
Sage

Timezone: GMT+10

PostAuthor: Gorgon » Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:42 am

What happens to those who already made the gains then?
"God not only plays dice, he throws them in the corner where you can't see them."
-- Stephen William Hawking (b. 1942) --

Sprucing up ye olde NWN | Modifying nwn.ini and nwnplayer.ini | ~Rare Items Wanted~ | Stealth Modifiers
Gorgon
QA's 2nd|CCC Mobster
QA's 2nd|CCC Mobster

Timezone: PST -8

PostAuthor: Sathsarrion » Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:59 am

I'm not really sure that anything can or should be done about that. Taking away XP that people already have is messy, unless they decide for themselves that they got their levels unfairly and actually ask to be de-leveled. I'm just suggesting a way to fix things going forwards. If, that is, the team decides there is anything that needs fixing.
Sathsarrion
Sage

Timezone: GMT+10

PostAuthor: Zerub » Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:38 pm

Sathsarrion wrote:OK. An actual suggestion then. Add a cap on how much XP can be gained from a single crafting batch. Or just disable bulk crafting on the artificing items so that they can't be made in batches larger than 5. A batch that size can still jump one or two levels, but nowhere near all the way from 12 to 20

That was my suggestion. I think it should go like old DnD rules. You can gain 1 level and get 1xp from the next. That solves it.

Gorgon wrote:I find it interesting that the people complaining the most are the ones who have also benefited the most from those gains (never suggesting how they would correct that either). :P

I read back through and I see it more as input rather than complaining on this thread. I'll be the first to admin though that I really don't much care for it. That being said it is not going to make me terribly mad either way. I guess some may have benefited from the new system and I did in Jewelry actually, but other than that I was already high enough level in all of it that it did not help me too much. I look back and think "Man! Now I wish I had not spent those years of crafting because I could have done it all within a couple of weeks." :)

What happens to those who already made the gains then?

Same thing as those that have %1 gear and such from being one of the first I would assume, or people that got the cloth robes with 25%/25%. I am not sure how many have really did a big jump anyways. My biggest jump was in Tailoring, but that really did not help me much at all since I was already almost level 19. Once you are to level 21 and things are trivial, it does not matter anyways.

I'll have fun no matter what. It is just a game anyways.

Scott

Zerub
Apprentice Scholar

Timezone: utc -6

PostAuthor: GrimlyAxefingler » Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:37 pm

I think it reads worse than it plays out.
I don't have any experience with anything but smithing and weaponcrafting.
From what i remember I did a realatively slow grind on weaponsmithing up until the end of 12th season, made an attempt at 7 axes and walked away with a lvl 18 weaponcrafting skill.
However I could probably not set the kits in anything that I made at a lvl 18 craft(i'm not sure because im still gathering the ingredients for them).
So it seems to me, that even tho the jump reads large...from 12-18 in one batch, I am still effectively only a 15th lvl weaponsmith in what i can actually produce, and still months away from actually making anything from the lvl 18 list. I also benefit from having the recipes that take months to gather for revealed to me early enough to start preparing for them.

If i had not gotten what reads as a huge jump in crafting xps, I would be unable to efficently set kits in the weapons that are equal lvl in my craft. ie i have to be lvl 18 to effectively set kits in in a lvl 14/15 item.
I don't see a great way to address this other than adding higher lvls and re balancing the progression over the entire spectrum.
GrimlyAxefingler
CCC
CCC

Timezone: EST

PostAuthor: Deider » Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:58 pm

Berryn's bountiful boobies, I must be crafting the wrong stuff. :D
I like gnomes.
Deider
Uber Posting Whor3

Timezone: GMT -8

Previous