Uploaded: Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:07 am

Links Menu

Item lost perhaps bugged..

General discussion about Avlis

Moderators: Nighthawk4, Dungeon Masters

Item lost perhaps bugged..

PostAuthor: Missian » Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:10 pm

Heya Team / DM's,

just tonight I was online with Ulf Goldentongue @ the Mchek server when we where bashing some were-rat's with a big group when Ulf and Elradra and a few others where entering the sewers in Blandenberg..

DM Maleki was present a while too..

in the sewers Ulf equiped his glass rapier (+1 keen and 1d4 sonic) and +2 buckler then summoned his psi clone.. after that I equiped my bow so that my clone can go melee while I shoot from afar.. tactic I use more often.. however making a circle in the sewers the clone was killed and the hotkey slot where I keep my rapier/buckler was empty so I checked my inventory.. the buckler was there not so the rapier.. I back tracked two times once on my own.. second time with the aid of my fellow friends of the great avlis community!!..

alas.. rapier still lost..

is there a way someone could aid me or tell me how I can get my rapier back??

i not.... shame but then at least I've know the feeling of being helped by friends!!!!

thanks all and cya soon!!

cheers!

:prost:
Ripple Wanno, owner of "The Shadow Harlequin": Planar traveler, Interrests Illusions, Portals,..

I - Braq Strong Smart : Bloodkin Tribe Chieftain , Mighty Blood rager, Mage of Blood magic, Axe master,..

Missian
Apprentice Scholar

Timezone: GMT +1

Re: Item lost perhaps bugged..

PostAuthor: Zerub » Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:27 pm

Did you check your logs to see if it showed it being lost?

Not fighting something that could have disarmed you?

Scott

Zerub
Apprentice Scholar

Timezone: utc -6

PostAuthor: Missian » Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:33 pm

Cant recall the loggs now. . But it didn't post any as far as I know..

Thanks though forum thinking with me!

:cooler:
Ripple Wanno, owner of "The Shadow Harlequin": Planar traveler, Interrests Illusions, Portals,..

I - Braq Strong Smart : Bloodkin Tribe Chieftain , Mighty Blood rager, Mage of Blood magic, Axe master,..

Missian
Apprentice Scholar

PostAuthor: Elradra » Wed Mar 23, 2016 2:58 am

My logs got overwritten by a later session, but luckily I have this plays.tv client thing that records my sessions, so I've got video and a spotty look at the combat logs as they flash by. Might the rust monsters have messed it up somehow? They have some DC20 touch attack that targets gear. Unfortunately my camera was focused more forward than back at my companions, so I can't quite tell which Ulf the rust monsters are attacking as I meticulously click through the video.

I'm not sure if rust monsters disarm or straight up eat gear, but we did kind of putz around for a while in there. Tallion Teleme lost a halberd sometime in the fight, and I saw an Ulf shooting from the back while the other came up to punch vampires. Even after the rust monster fight ended at around the 7:50 mark of the video I saw Ulf use nothing but longbow and fists with some magic/psionics until we left the Blandenburg sewers at about the 16 minute mark of my video. I now understand why you went back through the cleared areas while I was checking for rats though. That confused me for a bit.

So if a rust monster knocked it on the ground, it might have disappeared after the 8 minutes it took to circle around. Hopefully a party member managed to grab it though!

Now with 40+ alts to meet!
Elradra
Prince of Bloated Discourse

Timezone: Central US

PostAuthor: silverfields2 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:10 am

Comrades Fill No Glass For Me - Stephen Foster
Oh! comrades, fill no glass for me
To drown my soul in liquid flame
For if I drank, the toast should be
To blighted fortune health and fame.
silverfields2
QA Tester
QA Tester

Timezone: GMT -5

PostAuthor: Gorgon » Wed Mar 23, 2016 5:38 am

Or it could be as simple as a full inventory when you switched to the bow?

How it happened is probably explainable, but you still need the team beyond that. You asked in AGD, not ATT, so maybe try a PM to the DM or Staff group?

*edits* And if you were hitting real rust monsters with that rapier, yeah, they can make it go away fast (or other stuff if they hit back). Most people run very far away from them. :flucht:
"God not only plays dice, he throws them in the corner where you can't see them."
-- Stephen William Hawking (b. 1942) --

Sprucing up ye olde NWN | Modifying nwn.ini and nwnplayer.ini | ~Rare Items Wanted~ | Stealth Modifiers
Gorgon
QA's 2nd|CCC Mobster
QA's 2nd|CCC Mobster

Timezone: PDT -7

PostAuthor: Missian » Wed Mar 23, 2016 2:33 pm

hmmm Rust monsters yes it could have been that though the clone was bashing with rapier and buckler and "I" was using the bow.. so if it did "eat" up the sword then it would have had to eat up the clone rapier right..?

as for my inventory being full.. it could not have been that.. I had at least 3 pages empty..

seems I lost it without "reason" and have to make due with an alternate..

thanks though!!
:prost:

Missian
Apprentice Scholar

PostAuthor: Gorgon » Wed Mar 23, 2016 4:16 pm

The link silverfields2 about quickslotting things in bags (especially weapon + shield) might be it if you did that. Very annoying (and seemingly random) glitch, so never do it.

I doubt your clone hitting a rust monster would make you lose your weapon, but it might be something to look at too. Rust monsters have other attacks that make you lose things btw. Like I said, I run from them :finger: :flucht:

*Also why I log everything, so I can figure out wtf!?! stuff like this when it happens to me. :wink:
"God not only plays dice, he throws them in the corner where you can't see them."
-- Stephen William Hawking (b. 1942) --

Sprucing up ye olde NWN | Modifying nwn.ini and nwnplayer.ini | ~Rare Items Wanted~ | Stealth Modifiers
Gorgon
QA's 2nd|CCC Mobster
QA's 2nd|CCC Mobster

Timezone: PDT -7

Return to The Avlis Project: General Discussion