Gallery

Links Menu

MOAR IC Posts PLZ!!!

General discussion about Avlis

Moderators: Nighthawk4, Dungeon Masters

MOAR IC Posts PLZ!!!

PostAuthor: Glocknal » Thu Mar 10, 2016 4:44 pm

Hey fellow Avlissians!,

I have noticed that our DM team has been doing a great job cooking up some great one off plots and more involved stuff terrorize and entertain our alter egos recently, Unfortunately I haven't noticed the same amount of IC posts on the various IC tavern posts. Posting Raves for your DM or Journal entries are great, but please make a mention of the day's events in the appropriate IC Tavern.

It lets others in the community know what a great job our DM's are doing!

It also lets PCs know something might be amiss and gives great chatter at local hangout spots.

It gives new and returning players an IC way to catch up on local events and helps develop their own character concepts. (Wait so your telling me Drotid invaded M'chek? Where the hell was I??)

Obviously if this would be out of character for your PC then refrain. (The Red Order secretively enjoys putting together IKEA furniture using....THE INSTRUCTIONS!!!!) If not make a brief IC post in the Tavern about the day's events and include the PCs present.

Thank you,

Glok
Signature has been wiped do to invalid url reference...
Glocknal
Team Member; Retired with Honors

Timezone: GMT-4

Re: MOAR IC Posts PLZ!!!

PostAuthor: ArtOfLight » Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:12 pm

Glad you brought this up! Forum RP is one of the biggest things I remember about this server and I've loved it. I tend to do a lot of IC posting, I've done..uh...five, today? Maybe, something like that.

I definitely second this call to action!
------==[K-S]==------
Khazak Silvershield, Defender of Clan Silvershield
Student of Battle Tactics
Follower of Senath

"Pound away, pound away oh evil hands;
the hammer breaks, the anvil stands!"
ArtOfLight
Knight of Useless Drivel

Timezone: GMT - 5/-4

Re: MOAR IC Posts PLZ!!!

PostAuthor: Jazz » Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:20 pm

Agreed, Glock!

Glocknal wrote:It also lets PCs know something might be amiss and gives great chatter at local hangout spots.

It gives new and returning players an IC way to catch up on local events and helps develop their own character concepts. (Wait so your telling me Drotid invaded M'chek? Where the hell was I??)

This. And also, forum RP can really make the world come alive and dynamic. Further more, not everyone has time to log in and RP, but everyone has some time to type up a post. One IC post can lead to a lot of new ones that can lead to further RP IG.
Jazz
Team Member; Retired with Honors

Timezone: GMT +1/+2

Return to The Avlis Project: General Discussion