Total players: 0
Gallery

Links Menu

Reunion Weekend Schedule!

General discussion about Avlis

Moderators: Nighthawk4, Dungeon Masters

Reunion Weekend Schedule!

PostAuthor: The Avlissian » Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:29 am

ATTENTION ATTENDEES! Above you'll find a tentative schedule for the First Avlis Player Reunion. We have no idea what to expect from this event - except that it's gonna ROCK - but being the first of its kind, it probably won't proceed with the clockwork precision you've come to expect from events like the Ferrell Trade Fair. (And that may be a good thing, come to think of it.)

You'll notice that there are currently open time slots. Though our incredible DMs will be out in force at all hours, we've left these slots open for players to organize their own expeditions, dungeon crawls, RP events, Trust lectures, sermons, pit fights, pub crawls, fashion shows, craft-fests, mini-markets, cyberorgies, or whatever other foolish nonsense you care to suggest. The slots occur every four hours throughout the weekend, but don't feel compelled to stick to that schedule - you can propose any time you want. We just want to encourage a wide range of time zone coverage and to minimize overlapping events and conflicts.

If you'd like to have your player event added to the above schedule, all you have to do is:

• reply to this (OOC) post with event name, server, location, and GMT time
  • make a public IC announcement for the event on the appropriate forum

We'll take care of adding it to the event calendar for you (if you haven't already done so), and will periodically update the spreadsheet in this post, with the hope that it makes it especially convenient for you to find upcoming events at a glance.

PS: It's okay to schedule your event at the same time as another one, but keep in mind that it could negatively affect your turnout. (Or theirs.) ;)
Last edited by The Avlissian on Thu Mar 10, 2016 12:44 am, edited 8 times in total.
The Avlissian
Squire of Babble

Re: Avlis Player Reunion Schedule!

PostAuthor: Tel » Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:50 am

Tel will be available Sunday evening CST (Monday wee early AM GMT) for those interested in learning some of the basics of the new CTS system. This also assumes that my current cold is not currently kicking my arse.

Unfortunately my work schedule changed. I will not be able to run this as I'm pulling a double that day now... At least I'm feeling better to be able to do it *fingers crossed*!
Last edited by Tel on Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tel
Apprentice Scholar

Timezone: GMT-5

PostAuthor: Nighthawk4 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:01 am

Please note - it is also possible that a DM might drop in on your event to provide further fun and entertainment - extra uber-powerful spawns, cookies, RP, etc. }8)

Welcome all - welcome back to those who return during this event, welcome to all who join us for the first time, etc. :glaskugel:
Life is never as bad as you think it is, although that doesn't help at the time.

Orleron wrote:I think it's a fun idea if you can idiot-proof it. Problem is God always builds a better idiot. :P

Please visit:
Avlis UK, ACE Forum and SATF Forum

Nighthawk4
Eldest DM
Eldest DM

Timezone: GMT
DM Avatar: DruEl

PostAuthor: Plethora » Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:46 am

Nighthawk4 wrote:Please note - it is also possible that a DM might drop in on your event to provide further fun and entertainment - extra uber-powerful spawns, cookies, RP, etc. }8)

Welcome all - welcome back to those who return during this event, welcome to all who join us for the first time, etc. :glaskugel:

Absolutely !!

Organize an event to this candler, and DMs will know to come to your events!

p.s.. can you change me to SOMETHING ELSE that isnt fucking pink? Ive been at war with Pink, since i was 6.. dont make me hunt you down!!!

Ta

I would agree with you, but then, we would both be wrong..
Plethora
Head DM
Head DM

Timezone: +11 (DST)
DM Avatar: Verossa

PostAuthor: The Avlissian » Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:26 pm

Plethora wrote:p.s.. can you change me to SOMETHING ELSE that isnt fucking pink? Ive been at war with Pink, since i was 6.. dont make me hunt you down!!!

Yes Ma'am!!! Changed you to orange and gave pink to JAZZ! :P
The Avlissian
Squire of Babble

Re: Reunion Weekend Schedule!

PostAuthor: Jazz » Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:14 pm

Jazz
Team Member; Retired with Honors

Timezone: GMT +1/+2

PostAuthor: Blackravenfeather » Thu Mar 10, 2016 12:14 am

You know what this reunion weekend kind of reminds me of? A gaming convention.

I'll be harassing people as opportunity presents itself all weekend. Might even last minute schedule an event or two once I'm positive what my weekend is looking like :D.
Player of: Tybalt Rasul - Ebony Senior Mage of Visi
Owen Thayt'or - Annihilator of Aarilax
Alysia Blackfeather - Magus in the Red Order
Blackravenfeather
Senior DM
Senior DM

Timezone: GMT -5
DM Avatar: Kelvos

PostAuthor: Plethora » Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:02 am

The Avlissian wrote:
Plethora wrote:p.s.. can you change me to SOMETHING ELSE that isnt fucking pink? Ive been at war with Pink, since i was 6.. dont make me hunt you down!!!

Yes Ma'am!!! Changed you to orange and gave pink to JAZZ! :P

ehehehehehehe, Yay!

Plethora
Head DM
Head DM

PostAuthor: Katroine » Thu Mar 10, 2016 1:34 pm

Grace Dane would like to host a mixer/cocktail party at Burnham's after Gilbert's Grand Tour in Mikona. (Saturday, 4:00 PM EST time slot)
If you think this is a good idea, I will make an IC post.
Katroine
Team Member; Retired with Honors

Timezone: Mountain

PostAuthor: ArtOfLight » Thu Mar 10, 2016 3:52 pm

Looks awesome! I'll try to make as many events as I can!
------==[K-S]==------
Khazak Silvershield, Defender of Clan Silvershield
Student of Battle Tactics
Follower of Senath

"Pound away, pound away oh evil hands;
the hammer breaks, the anvil stands!"
ArtOfLight
Knight of Useless Drivel

Timezone: GMT - 5/-4

PostAuthor: The Avlissian » Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:44 pm

Katroine wrote:Grace Dane would like to host a mixer/cocktail party at Burnham's after Gilbert's Grand Tour in Mikona. (Saturday, 4:00 PM EST time slot)

We think it's a FABULOUS idea, and it's already on the schedule! Go ahead and make the IC post.

Now we need more people taking some initiative like this! Where's our FEAT event? Any Blackhawks alive, or is M'Chek undefended? Where's that Goretharian crump? That trek through the Underdark? Let's hear some suggestions, folks!
The Avlissian
Squire of Babble

PostAuthor: ArtOfLight » Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:16 pm

The Avlissian wrote:
Katroine wrote:Grace Dane would like to host a mixer/cocktail party at Burnham's after Gilbert's Grand Tour in Mikona. (Saturday, 4:00 PM EST time slot)

We think it's a FABULOUS idea, and it's already on the schedule! Go ahead and make the IC post.

Now we need more people taking some initiative like this! Where's our FEAT event? Any Blackhawks alive, or is M'Chek undefended? Where's that Goretharian crump? That trek through the Underdark? Let's hear some suggestions, folks!

The only thing my little nooblet could host would be like a combat tactics and strategy seminar in the name of Senath or...I don't know, like a chess tournament or something. The problem is that any of the times that I could host something are pretty much already taken.
------==[K-S]==------
Khazak Silvershield, Defender of Clan Silvershield
Student of Battle Tactics
Follower of Senath

"Pound away, pound away oh evil hands;
the hammer breaks, the anvil stands!"
ArtOfLight
Knight of Useless Drivel

Timezone: GMT - 5/-4

PostAuthor: The Avlissian » Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:30 pm

ArtOfLight wrote:The only thing my little nooblet could host would be like a combat tactics and strategy seminar in the name of Senath or...I don't know, like a chess tournament or something. The problem is that any of the times that I could host something are pretty much already taken.

Honestly, don't worry about times being taken. You can schedule between the events that are already listed, or you can schedule at the same time as one (but preferably on a different server). If we get a good turnout *fingers crossed* it will be good to spread out the player population a bit so we don't crash any servers. And this way, people who miss the start of one event won't have to wait four hours for the next.
The Avlissian
Squire of Babble

PostAuthor: Gorgon » Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:29 pm

I might try bringing back a "Feeling Lucky" trip, or Ed style multiple dungeon romp as well for the epics (Smeec's last chance to try the harder stuff for a while), but I'll have to make sure I''m not conflicting with other DM/Player ones first.

If things get too busy, I can always postpone it until later next week and beyond. I'd rather spend time chatting at the planned events with all you old farts, than watch you all die in the bowels of Deglos or wherever anyway (tough choice actually, but maybe this way I can do both :twisted: ).
"God not only plays dice, he throws them in the corner where you can't see them."
-- Stephen William Hawking (b. 1942) --

Sprucing up ye olde NWN | Modifying nwn.ini and nwnplayer.ini | ~Rare Items Wanted~ | Stealth Modifiers
Gorgon
QA's 2nd|CCC Mobster
QA's 2nd|CCC Mobster

Timezone: PST -8

PostAuthor: silverfields2 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:42 pm

The Avlissian wrote:

The FEATing was last Sunday! You missed it!
If the milk’s spillled, the cat will drink it, his mother use to say. Dragons of Autumn Twilight - by Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman
silverfields2
QA Tester
QA Tester

Timezone: GMT -5

PostAuthor: The Avlissian » Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:26 am

silverfields2 wrote:The FEATing was last Sunday! You missed it!

I KNOW, but can't we schedule a make-up exam for me this weekend?! PRETTY PLEASE? :-k
The Avlissian
Squire of Babble

PostAuthor: godrevadac » Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:36 am

Cicerious would like to give his tryouts another...try at the theater in the Bard Academy of Vismontium at 5 am GMT. Could this possibly be included during the weekend? It would be called AGT (Avlis's Got Talent) and Cicerious would be recruiting people to his play. It is not just restricted to bards.

Me and Cicerious are very excited for the weekend :cooler:

viewtopic.php?f=86&t=132540

Oh and if you could fix my post to read "Sunday" not saturday I would appreciate it (Done, -Jazz)

godrevadac
Knight of Useless Drivel

Timezone: GMT-8

PostAuthor: The Avlissian » Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:29 am

godrevadac wrote:Cicerious would like to give his tryouts another...try at the theater in the Bard Academy of Vismontium at 5 am GMT. Could this possibly be included during the weekend? It would be called AGT (Avlis's Got Talent) and Cicerious would be recruiting people to his play. It is not just restricted to bards.

Me and Cicerious are very excited for the weekend :cooler:

http://www.avlis.org/viewtopic.php?f=86&t=132540

Oh and if you could fix my post to read "Sunday" not saturday I would appreciate it

YOU'RE ON! You're gonna get that damn play produced yet! Just to confirm: you do mean SUNDAY 5:00AM GMT, right? (9PM PST SATURDAY NIGHT?)

Let's go with Negaria's Got Talent - "Avlis's" doesn't exactly roll off the tongue, Bard-boy! :P

PS I can't edit your original post, sry :( can you?
The Avlissian
Squire of Babble

PostAuthor: godrevadac » Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:36 am

Yes, yes and probably! Thanks!

godrevadac
Knight of Useless Drivel

Timezone: GMT-8

PostAuthor: The Avlissian » Fri Mar 11, 2016 6:04 am

Folks, we have some GREAT SPOTS still left to take!

For those in the Americas, we've got FRIDAY NIGHT: Midnight in US Eastern, and 9PM US Pacific! (GMT Saturday 5:00AM) SOLD!

And for those in Europe -AND- the Americas, there's SUNDAY PRIMETIME: 9PM GMT, 5PM US Eastern, 2PM US Pacific! You can't BEAT that! SOLD!

Finally, we have the EARLY EVENING slots for Australian players: 8PM on both Saturday and Sunday! You can take that spot and STILL go out clubbing later!

PEOPLE, THEY WON'T LAST LONG! WE'RE HAVING A GOING-OUT-OF-BUSINESS SALE, AND EVERYTHING MUST GO! DON'T KICK YOURSELF FOR LETTING THIS PASS YOU BY! I'M MAKING
CRAZY DEALS! I'M PRACTICALLY GIVING THEM AWAY!

Last edited by The Avlissian on Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Avlissian
Squire of Babble

PostAuthor: Wyll » Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:02 am

Southill Duel, Friday night at the stroke of midnight EST! I'll post in the general events calendar, but please add it to the Reunion one as well. Woohoo!
Wyll
Knight of Useless Drivel

Timezone: EST

PostAuthor: Plethora » Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:22 am

Daylight savings is in effect here, so my events are an hour ahead of the schedule... just heading into Fall :)

Plethora
Head DM
Head DM

PostAuthor: The Avlissian » Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:40 am

Wyll wrote:Southill Duel, Friday night at the stroke of midnight EST! I'll post in the general events calendar, but please add it to the Reunion one as well. Woohoo!

Congratulations! You're on the board!

Plethora wrote:Daylight savings is in effect here, so my events are an hour ahead of the schedule... just heading into Fall :)

Fixed!
The Avlissian
Squire of Babble

PostAuthor: galen_macbyrne » Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:24 pm

Keepers of da Cycle Memorial Crump! Sunday, 1500 GMT. Be dere or be square! Re-dead some undeaders! Meet in Westshore, M'Chek - we'll go lookin' fer trouble.
Galen
PC's:
Garthond Foehammer - Most Stereotyped PC, 2011 Irreverence Awards
Mirkduil Ellerentar - Guild Leader, ACE
Arglebargle Dinklehoffer - Red Order of the Flame
Slide Toefungus

galen_macbyrne
QA Tester
QA Tester

Timezone: US - Eastern

PostAuthor: ShadowViper » Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:35 pm

Question? the ice turtle gathering made the list but according to the linked page that isn't till the 28 of march? so what's right what's wrong? or a impromptu extra gathering?
It's good to be evil.
ShadowViper
QA Tester
QA Tester

Next

Return to The Avlis Project: General Discussion