M'Chek - (0)
Deglos - (0)
Wilderness - (0)
Visimontium - (0)
Underdark - (0)
Total players: 3
Gallery

Links Menu

Anyone wanting a wiki page for their PC shop, just ask.

General discussion about Avlis

Moderators: Nighthawk4, Dungeon Masters

Anyone wanting a wiki page for their PC shop, just ask.

PostAuthor: Gorgon » Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:29 am

Hamlet did a nice bit of work setting up and updating the Shop Locations listing page on the wiki, and I did what I could to improve it. It has a lot of red links for shops, which are pages that need to be created. They don't have to be fancy (though some are very well done), but should include basic contact info and possibly a link to your advertisement here. Slap on the shops category and it is good to go.

A few people, including myself, have tossed up new pages after Hamlet mentioned it in this post, and there is nothing wrong with using one of them as a cookie-cutter template for your own, with a few details changed. If you don't know how, I'd be happy to do it for you, using something like this or that (couldn't resist :P ) with your own info instead. Like I said, it ain't anything fancy, but it does the job, and you can edit it later to improve it.

It only takes a minute, and if you don't mention what info to use, I can probably find it here pretty quick. If not, I'll just poke you for it. Either reply here with the shop name(s) and info, or send it in a PM. I'll be avoiding requests for anything special, since that it something you can figure out on your own... but you can always ask. If it takes more than a few minutes, you are probably outta luck.

One other thing I want to mention. I've made sure all the PC shops have the proper shops category added now except for some of the guild shops. I know it is a wiki, and open to anyone editing stuff, but I also know I'd be touchy about someone else editing a guild page without asking. If you want your guild shop categorized as one, let me know, or do add it. It'll still be in the guild and other categories. If you'd rather have the guild shop page separate from the main guild info (see the simple AKN Hall example), I can do the same thing for you. You'll have to link to it from your guild page on your own if you want, but it will link there.

The list of guild pages missing the shops category is below:
AAAA (Also needs the logo link updated - upload it to the wiki to avoid this problem)
ANRA
ACE
FEAT
AKN Hall (I could probably do this one, since it is separate from the guild page)
ROTE
The Luminous Order of the Mind
Warrior Maidens

*Edits* If you don't see your shop on the Shop Locations listing page, feel free to add it (it is a wiki after all), or mention it and I'll do it (or tell Hamlet in the original topic). I haven't seen any missing ones (they wouldn't be missing if I had), but there are a lot of them around. :mrgreen:
"God not only plays dice, he throws them in the corner where you can't see them."
-- Stephen William Hawking (b. 1942) --

Sprucing up ye olde NWN | Modifying nwn.ini and nwnplayer.ini | ~Rare Items Wanted~ | Stealth Modifiers
Gorgon
QA's 2nd|CCC Mobster
QA's 2nd|CCC Mobster

Timezone: PST -8

Re: Anyone wanting a wiki page for their PC shop, just ask.

PostAuthor: Aneirin » Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:36 pm

A mention of the "Music Shoppe" located off the music room annex of the Menelaos Reading Room would be appreciated. The Music Shoppe is a small but growing establishment that deals primarily in musical instruments and items of interest to Bards. The Menelaos Reading room is located in the Eastern residences district of Elysia, north along the wall from Elf Gate.

:prost:
I am dyslexic of Borg, Refutance is systile, your ass will be laminated

A.Menelaos
Aneirin
Prince of Bloated Discourse

Re: Anyone wanting a wiki page for their PC shop, just ask.

PostAuthor: Gorgon » Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:02 pm

Fixed the Northern Residences (and shops in it) being changed to Eastern Residences in the Elysia Shop Locations (didn't take long to notice that oops at all :oops: ). Added the Music Shoppe and the missing Warrior Maidens Guild Shop. Also added the OoG Quartermaster from the Avlis Shared Markets Initiative request to the Northern Residences (didn't want to clutter up Hamlet's other topic, since it is more about the p-market stuff).

If any of you want actual shop pages added, I can do that too (pm'd most of you already about it). The Maidens and OoG shop pages can be separate from the guild pages, like the AKN example above, rather than linking to the guild pages.

*edits* Tossed up new stub pages by request for the Music Shoppe and The Quartermaster (OoG shop).
"God not only plays dice, he throws them in the corner where you can't see them."
-- Stephen William Hawking (b. 1942) --

Sprucing up ye olde NWN | Modifying nwn.ini and nwnplayer.ini | ~Rare Items Wanted~ | Stealth Modifiers
Gorgon
QA's 2nd|CCC Mobster
QA's 2nd|CCC Mobster

Timezone: PST -8

Return to The Avlis Project: General Discussion