Total players: 1
Gallery

Links Menu

Housing: Wooden Elven Interiors

General discussion about Avlis

Moderators: Nighthawk4, Dungeon Masters

Housing: Wooden Elven Interiors

PostAuthor: Manuel the White » Sun Nov 22, 2015 6:09 am

Has anyone tried placing doors on this tile set? Can't seem to do it. What gives?
ACTIVE CHARACTERS: Casey Landry, Jessie Morrice
SOMETIMES CHARACTERS: Silinde, Luthias
INACTIVE CHARACTERS: Manuel (the White) Thay't Le'Megen, Zven Reaplenoose, Drashter Volterz
Manuel the White
Team Member; Retired with Honors

Re: Housing: Wooden Elven Interiors

PostAuthor: Gorgon » Sun Nov 22, 2015 6:58 am

From my old notes for the v2 tileset haks that are still in QA and Javaforge:

Tileset: Wooden Elven Interiors (wei01)
Added 40 missing door entries to wei01.set that were causing door placement to fail.

There are a bunch of other fails with the tileset, and as far as I know, it has never been used here (thankfully). The "fixed" version will require renumbering tiles, or as I also mentioned in the notes:
After this update, any existing areas that use this tileset will be probably be messed up (really messed up, as in abstract art when you look at them IG or the toolset), since there was some major renumbering of tiles in the set file.

TL;DR: Just don't use it. :roll:

*If the tileset has been used, I do have a moneo script that can renumber existing stuff on the server if those hak changes ever happen. They have been in limbo for years, so don't worry too much about things changing.

*edits* I should probably explain again why stuff like that wasn't fixed in the first version of the haks we use now. The v1 haks had no real bug fixing, or anything else, beyond the conflicts resolved when combining and fixing the various ordering of all the old individual server haks back then. We had a boatload of various haks used in different orders on each server, with 100,000+ files between them. The first combined haks were 6-9 months of work just sorting/fixing that mess, so one set would work on every server we had. Bug fixing can't happen until things are stable, and there is a baseline to work from, and fixes come later. Meh...
"God not only plays dice, he throws them in the corner where you can't see them."
-- Stephen William Hawking (b. 1942) --

Sprucing up ye olde NWN | Modifying nwn.ini and nwnplayer.ini | ~Rare Items Wanted~ | Stealth Modifiers
Gorgon
QA's 2nd|CCC Mobster
QA's 2nd|CCC Mobster

Timezone: PST -8

Re: Housing: Wooden Elven Interiors

PostAuthor: Manuel the White » Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:07 am

Forgot to say thanks for this! I got some re-working to do.. 8 )
ACTIVE CHARACTERS: Casey Landry, Jessie Morrice
SOMETIMES CHARACTERS: Silinde, Luthias
INACTIVE CHARACTERS: Manuel (the White) Thay't Le'Megen, Zven Reaplenoose, Drashter Volterz
Manuel the White
Team Member; Retired with Honors

Return to The Avlis Project: General Discussion