Server Totals
Mikona - (1)
Le'Or - (1)
Elysia - (1)
Ferrell - (0)
M'Chek - (0)
Deglos - (0)
Wilderness - (0)
Visimontium - (0)
Underdark - (0)
Total players: 3
Gallery
  • Golem Giants
    Album name: DM Events
    Uploaded by: Ronan
    Uploaded: Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:07 am

Links Menu

You know that you are addicted to Avlis when.....

General discussion about Avlis

Moderators: Nighthawk4, Dungeon Masters

PostAuthor: sinn » Sat Jul 15, 2006 5:44 am

you still read through the forums from time to time even though you know.. you will not get a chance to play avlis for months to come...


miss you guys :(
you can run all your life, but not go anywhere.
User avatar
sinn
Elder Sage
 
Posts: 4135
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2003 4:58 pm
Location: CA, USA (GMT - 8 hours)

PostAuthor: Tigg » Sun Sep 10, 2006 9:13 pm

(*administers CPR to thread*)

when, after a long session, you are quite literally stunned to see what time it is.. as in "omgwtfhowdidthathappenigotstufftodotomorrowzorz"

in fact I think that's one of the point-scorers on the gaming addiction quiz, heheh
Ua mau ke ea o ka ina i ka pono.
User avatar
Tigg
Elder Sage
 
Posts: 3491
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2005 11:18 pm
Location: Into the sunset/Hyboria

PostAuthor: Stefanie » Sun Sep 10, 2006 10:23 pm

OMG I completely forgot this thread exists. Must mean I'm over my addiction!
Player of:
Lyse KayaCha Rastinfer - 8th Archmistress of the Warrior Maidens of Dre'Ana

Ciaranam Vagral - Blackguard and Reaver of Maleki



Nighthawk4 wrote:I think there is professional treatment available for people who feel the need to attend a Bjork concert :lol:


Someone who voted for PRotM wrote:Lyse: not gay.
User avatar
Stefanie
Scholar
 
Posts: 1032
Joined: Tue May 10, 2005 5:24 pm
Location: Nijmegen - NL (GMT +2)

PostAuthor: Darkfire » Sun Sep 10, 2006 11:06 pm

Stefanie wrote:OMG I completely forgot this thread exists. Must mean I'm over my addiction!



bwhahaha..

>.>

<.<

Oh, your serious...

BWHAHA
CoEMF :devil: :feuer:
WrathOG777: This is a roleplaying game. There is no such thing as winning or losing. Only playing.
Player of Dameon Nepirtas
User avatar
Darkfire
Major DM
Major DM
 
Posts: 13684
Images: 3
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 4:50 pm
Location: Missouri
Timezone: CST (-5 GMT)

PostAuthor: Stefanie » Mon Sep 11, 2006 1:31 am

Darkfire wrote:
Stefanie wrote:OMG I completely forgot this thread exists. Must mean I'm over my addiction!



bwhahaha..

>.>

<.<

Oh, your serious...

BWHAHA


Shh you! There's nothing wrong with me lying to myself!
Player of:
Lyse KayaCha Rastinfer - 8th Archmistress of the Warrior Maidens of Dre'Ana

Ciaranam Vagral - Blackguard and Reaver of Maleki



Nighthawk4 wrote:I think there is professional treatment available for people who feel the need to attend a Bjork concert :lol:


Someone who voted for PRotM wrote:Lyse: not gay.
User avatar
Stefanie
Scholar
 
Posts: 1032
Joined: Tue May 10, 2005 5:24 pm
Location: Nijmegen - NL (GMT +2)

PostAuthor: DarknessFallsLight » Wed Sep 13, 2006 12:29 am

bensinn wrote:you still read through the forums from time to time even though you know.. you will not get a chance to play avlis for months to come...


miss you guys :(


Ditto... *sigh*

Even better is when you write to Avlis-players more than your own family >.>
Here's to a long life and a merry one, a quick death and an easy one, a pretty girl and an honest one, a cold pint and another one!
User avatar
DarknessFallsLight
Team Member; Retired with Honors
 
Posts: 1928
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 4:48 pm
Location: Wichita, KS

PostAuthor: Darkfire » Wed Sep 13, 2006 12:59 am

Stefanie wrote:
Darkfire wrote:
Stefanie wrote:OMG I completely forgot this thread exists. Must mean I'm over my addiction!



bwhahaha..

>.>

<.<

Oh, your serious...

BWHAHA


Shh you! There's nothing wrong with me lying to myself!


and we both know we can quit partying/drinking when ever we want too.
CoEMF :devil: :feuer:
WrathOG777: This is a roleplaying game. There is no such thing as winning or losing. Only playing.
Player of Dameon Nepirtas
User avatar
Darkfire
Major DM
Major DM
 
Posts: 13684
Images: 3
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 4:50 pm
Location: Missouri
Timezone: CST (-5 GMT)

PostAuthor: darthmullet » Wed Sep 13, 2006 2:35 am

I don't need a reason to say I'm addicted, because I am, and have come to grips with it.....

DarknessFallsLight wrote:
bensinn wrote:you still read through the forums from time to time even though you know.. you will not get a chance to play avlis for months to come...


miss you guys :(


Ditto... *sigh*

Even better is when you write to Avlis-players more than your own family >.>


But I miss hanging with you guys, so take care of yourselves and get back in game soon eh? :)
Member of the Ghostie fan club
Member of the Ghostie fan club
(Double Member)
User avatar
darthmullet
Team Member; Retired with Honors
 
Posts: 1709
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2005 3:19 pm
Location: MN
Timezone: CST -6

PostAuthor: Dom Carr » Wed Sep 13, 2006 11:07 am

You know when youre addicted to avlis when you look at your RL watch to see when the boat goes to Mikona. :oops:
Jade Summerset
Valkirie
Warrior Maiden of Dre'Ana

Dom Carr
Apprentice Scholar
 
Posts: 557
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2005 5:01 pm
Location: Ribble Valley, UK (On the Johhny Cash bandwagon)

PostAuthor: A Wanderer » Wed Sep 13, 2006 2:16 pm

When you can't seem to get to bed before one ... every night you're logged in even though you have to wake up at 5.

And you're a zombie because of it.




brainnnnss!
nethervoid - Since '97 [UO|EQ|SB|SWG|PS|HZ|NWN|VG|WoW]
Playing:
Grrom Blackmane - Battlecleric of Gorethar
Wanderer - Ranger of Dru'El

Unofficial Player Housing FAQ
User avatar
A Wanderer
Apprentice Scholar
 
Posts: 510
Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2005 8:13 pm
Location: Sacramento, Ca

PostAuthor: Paco Di B » Wed Sep 13, 2006 4:44 pm

When during your divorce precedings (in which your wife is leaving you because of your addiction to Avlis), you give her everything she wants but beg for the computer and the NWN disks.
User avatar
Paco Di B
Apprentice Scholar
 
Posts: 705
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2005 1:09 pm
Location: Oakville, ON, Canada (gmt-4)
Timezone: EST

PostAuthor: DrFrog711 » Wed Sep 13, 2006 6:25 pm

When you finally get internet after almost a year without*, one of the first things you do is reinstall all the Avlis haks (having not logged in for over a year, foolishly thinking you were over the addiction...)

* I'm not quite sure how i survived...
C.S. Lewis wrote:If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world.
User avatar
DrFrog711
Knight of Useless Drivel
 
Posts: 77
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2004 3:38 pm
Location: Outlands
Timezone: GMT -7

PostAuthor: Krator » Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:42 pm

DrFrog711 wrote:When you finally get internet after almost a year without*, one of the first things you do is reinstall all the Avlis haks (having not logged in for over a year, foolishly thinking you were over the addiction...)

* I'm not quite sure how i survived...


DrFrog! I remember you!
Playing as: Sir Douglas Hope of Gorethar, old school paladin | Krator Blackfist, gold mage | Warren, half nymph barbarian
User avatar
Krator
Elder Sage
 
Posts: 4947
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2004 6:44 pm
Location: Amsterdam
Timezone: GMT

PostAuthor: Arieanne » Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:47 pm

Krator wrote:
DrFrog711 wrote:When you finally get internet after almost a year without*, one of the first things you do is reinstall all the Avlis haks (having not logged in for over a year, foolishly thinking you were over the addiction...)

* I'm not quite sure how i survived...


DrFrog! I remember you!

When you not only exactly remember DrFrog, whom you saw once in your entire life, but you also remember him much better than any class mates from the university, with whom you spent 10 months... :oops:
Illiterates have to dictate.
Stanislaw J. Lec

The difference between western and eastern intellectuals is that the former have not been kicked in the ass enough.
Witold Gombrowicz

I'm tired of all this nonsense about beauty being only skin-deep. That's deep enough. What do you want, an adorable pancreas?
User avatar
Arieanne
Sage
 
Posts: 1933
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 8:37 pm
Location: Somewhere on the border, GMT +2

PostAuthor: DrFrog711 » Wed Sep 13, 2006 8:26 pm

Arieanne wrote:
Krator wrote:
DrFrog711 wrote:When you finally get internet after almost a year without*, one of the first things you do is reinstall all the Avlis haks (having not logged in for over a year, foolishly thinking you were over the addiction...)

* I'm not quite sure how i survived...


DrFrog! I remember you!

When you not only exactly remember DrFrog, whom you saw once in your entire life, but you also remember him much better than any class mates from the university, with whom you spent 10 months... :oops:

You know you're addicted to Avlis when you're flattered by this. *blushes*

Hopefully I'll find some time to sign in soon. It's good to be remembered...
C.S. Lewis wrote:If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world.
User avatar
DrFrog711
Knight of Useless Drivel
 
Posts: 77
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2004 3:38 pm
Location: Outlands
Timezone: GMT -7

PostAuthor: White-Raven » Wed Oct 25, 2006 6:26 am

Reading a email from a companion at work. Contains something like:

"Here comes the wanted list"

It is signed with SD and I was thinking... what shadow dancer writes about this and what list is now this?

~White-Raven

White-Raven
Elder Sage
 
Posts: 3660
Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2002 6:36 am
Location: Sweden
Timezone: CET

PostAuthor: Trigger » Wed Oct 25, 2006 7:54 am

When you should be at work but instead you're reading the boards and thinking "I'll just tell em I had to get petrol on the way"
Eleanor.

Vanguard Valkyrie of Dre'ana
~Strength . Faith . Sisterhood~
User avatar
Trigger
Team Member; Retired with Honors
 
Posts: 1637
Images: 3
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 8:42 am
Location: Essex, England

PostAuthor: Trigger » Wed Oct 25, 2006 7:55 am

Oh, the other day I was driving to work and a van pulled out on me, which was kinda scary, and then I noticed the number plate P### LAG. I was like "Dang, nearly pwned by lag!" :D
Eleanor.

Vanguard Valkyrie of Dre'ana
~Strength . Faith . Sisterhood~
User avatar
Trigger
Team Member; Retired with Honors
 
Posts: 1637
Images: 3
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 8:42 am
Location: Essex, England

PostAuthor: KinX » Thu Nov 02, 2006 6:41 am

When your scanning through the boards and look at your date joined and do some simple mathematics....
Never argue with an idiot, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Image

This statement is false
User avatar
KinX
Elder Sage
 
Posts: 4968
Joined: Tue Sep 10, 2002 2:53 pm
Timezone: GMT +1

PostAuthor: PrinceOfCrossbreeds » Sun Dec 24, 2006 8:20 pm

When you paint Avlis based ornaments
User avatar
PrinceOfCrossbreeds
Apprentice Scholar
 
Posts: 578
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2004 6:26 pm
Location: Montreal, Canada
Timezone: GTM-5

PostAuthor: Elong Singalong » Sun Dec 24, 2006 8:34 pm

PrinceOfCrossbreeds wrote:When you paint Avlis based ornaments


who does something like that *Rolls eyes* that is nuts
playing as:
Elong Singalong (remorted)
Sheela Green
What happends in nijmegen stays in nijmegen! *Blames zoe*
User avatar
Elong Singalong
Elder Sage
 
Posts: 3627
Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2004 11:07 am
Location: just over the rainbow

PostAuthor: PrinceOfCrossbreeds » Sun Dec 24, 2006 8:56 pm

Elong Singalong wrote:
PrinceOfCrossbreeds wrote:When you paint Avlis based ornaments


who does something like that *Rolls eyes* that is nuts


Apparently... You did

http://www.avlis.org/viewtopic.php?t=88947
User avatar
PrinceOfCrossbreeds
Apprentice Scholar
 
Posts: 578
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2004 6:26 pm
Location: Montreal, Canada
Timezone: GTM-5

PostAuthor: Marleh » Sun Dec 24, 2006 9:40 pm

I wonder what an Avlis board game would be like?

8-)
Image Dame Moira Celyn (Windspar) Callindraes - Just a little bit...
User avatar
Marleh
QA Resource
 
Posts: 8649
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2004 5:34 pm
Location: GMT -7

PostAuthor: Tigg » Tue Dec 26, 2006 7:35 am

I'm sure it wouldn't take much suggestion for Milton Bradley to come out with a 'Special Collectors' Edition Avlis Monopoly', they've got one for every other possible theme.
Ua mau ke ea o ka ina i ka pono.
User avatar
Tigg
Elder Sage
 
Posts: 3491
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2005 11:18 pm
Location: Into the sunset/Hyboria

PostAuthor: Beary666 » Tue Dec 26, 2006 8:58 am

Choose to be one of the 9 major gods and buy up real estate all across Avlis. Set up shrines and temples... or....

Choose to play as one of Avlis' finest business men/women, (Timo, Zach, Melonius and what not) and set up your inns and Condo complexes across southern Avlis. You've got the Mikona Slums, Elysia's outskirts, Visimontium's errrr whatever district, Le'Or's i guess residential district, bah... to tired to come up with more
User avatar
Beary666
Elder Sage
 
Posts: 3266
Joined: Fri Dec 27, 2002 1:29 am
Location: Edmonton, Alberta , Canada
Timezone: GMT -7

PreviousNext

Return to The Avlis Project: General Discussion

Who is online

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot]