Page 42 of 44

Re: You know that you are addicted to Avlis when.....

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:21 am
Author: BeyondInfinity
First priority in office... read Avlis forum

Re: You know that you are addicted to Avlis when.....

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:31 am
Author: Eef
loki70 wrote:When you meet players in real life, and can't stop thinking of them as their characters, especially when they are a different gender!!!! *waves to Miette, Siri, Oorayv, and Sable* :P


*glows IRL too so that makes sense*

Re: You know that you are addicted to Avlis when.....

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:45 am
Author: TripleAught
you come back.

Re: You know that you are addicted to Avlis when.....

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:05 am
Author: Belasco
you peer pressure friends into coming back 8-)

Re: You know that you are addicted to Avlis when.....

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 3:35 pm
Author: Vroshgrak
You know you're addicted to avlis when you want to have zero00's babies.

Re: You know that you are addicted to Avlis when.....

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 5:42 pm
Author: TripleAught
Vroshgrak wrote:You know you're addicted to avlis when you want to have zero00's babies.


Hmm. Maybe I can use that as a bargaining chip at the Trade Fair. :knuddel:

Re: You know that you are addicted to Avlis when.....

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 6:46 am
Author: Vice Fury
wow... I remember all those :)

Then again, I troll around here now and then when I've no work left in the office ^^

Re: You know that you are addicted to Avlis when.....

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:57 pm
Author: Hamlet
You browse through the "Player Quotes" thread depths and hand soul food to the young ones. <[8)

Re: You know that you are addicted to Avlis when.....

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:32 pm
Author: Zar'roc
When every other game you try playing seems boring and you go back to playing NwN on Avlis.

Re: You know that you are addicted to Avlis when.....

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:58 am
Author: KinX
Zar'roc wrote:When every other game you try playing seems boring and you go back to playing NwN on Avlis.


definitely seconded.

Re: You know that you are addicted to Avlis when.....

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:31 pm
Author: sinn
when your most active play time is around 6AM, because.. you just got to get some IG time in before you head into work.....

Re: You know that you are addicted to Avlis when.....

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:36 pm
Author: Zar'roc
when the highlight of your day is playing on Avlis

Re: You know that you are addicted to Avlis when.....

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:24 am
Author: l1t3r
When you walk by the deli in the grocery store, see a brand of sardines called ELF, and the first thing you think is "KEEL ELF!"

Re: You know that you are addicted to Avlis when.....

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:07 pm
Author: lucifershex
When you are married and your significant other is hinting at that which is rare and you reply Hun just a little longer before I am done....Questing, Rping, crafting, etc... (5 hours later they are sleeping and your chance is lost.....AND your still playing)

Re: You know that you are addicted to Avlis when.....

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 6:22 pm
Author: Trigger
When you're at work and someone walks in whom you haven't seen in a while and you say "Pelail!" And then realise what you've just done because they're looking at you like you have three heads and are asking you to explain what "Pelail" means.

Or a shop called "Elysian" opens in a nearby town and you wonder if you should report them for copyright theft.

Re: You know that you are addicted to Avlis when.....

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 6:37 pm
Author: Belasco
When a local news report is on in the background and your ears perk up at the word "Arboreal" and you think "I knew this was a Dru'Elite kinda town".

Re: You know that you are addicted to Avlis when.....

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:28 pm
Author: Zar'roc
when all you think about is Avlis, and nothing else, or Avlis is the only thing you can think of to talk about

Re: You know that you are addicted to Avlis when.....

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 8:19 pm
Author: Beary666
When you haven't been IG reliably in probably over a year and you still read the boards almost everyday.

Re: You know that you are addicted to Avlis when.....

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:50 pm
Author: theP
....when you're in a land far far away from your home computer which has nwn installed on, when you're on your vacation, with hot summer sun bathing, pool / sea diving, swimming, snorkling, when you're just kicking back and relaxing and you still lurk on the forums to read the news about Avlis and the ongoing war (which is concerning your Character.)
Then you know you're really addicted to Avlis.
:liebhab:

Re: You know that you are addicted to Avlis when.....

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 2:29 pm
Author: Hamlet
... after all this time, you still slip into the good old routine of logging in for a meeting (a few hours tops, right?) then ending up staying IG pretty much all day. :shock:

Re: You know that you are addicted to Avlis when.....

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:42 pm
Author: Micah
Hamlet wrote:... after all this time, you still slip into the good old routine of logging in for a meeting (a few hours tops, right?) then ending up staying IG pretty much all day. :shock:


Edited for conciseness

Holy thread resurrection

Re: You know that you are addicted to Avlis when.....

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:22 pm
Author: Xaila
..when you ~still~ sometimes nearly sign your emails and other real-world correspondance with your PC's name, even when you haven't played in many months.

Re: You know that you are addicted to Avlis when.....

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 6:56 pm
Author: Xamz
When you emote in your head

When ingame occurences trigger RL responses even when unrelated.

Re: You know that you are addicted to Avlis when.....

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:40 pm
Author: Cameron Klym
When you are accosted by some punks with knives trying to mug you and you yell "Die Nithlings" before taking them apart with your bare hands and then give your name as Tor to the police when they get there. Yeah, kind of strange, but it seems that my army training and my Tor personea kind of meshed. True story, just was kind of embarrashing in the after action statements to the police. I think they thought I was a bit unstable. Which actually helped me as they were going to charge me with excessive force, even though I was outnumbered 5 to one and I was unarmed and they all had knives. Pretty sad, when that happens when you are just defending yourself. But thats what happens I guess when the police find out you are ex- military, especially ex infantry, etc. But they decided to not charge me as I know they thought I was.....maybe a bit not right in my head totally, as one police officer told me. LOL , guess Avlis saved me from that bunch of Valokian crap! LOL

Re: You know that you are addicted to Avlis when.....

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:07 am
Author: Sunscream
Cameron Klym wrote:When you are accosted by some punks with knives trying to mug you and you yell "Die Nithlings" before taking them apart with your bare hands and then give your name as Tor to the police when they get there. Yeah, kind of strange, but it seems that my army training and my Tor personea kind of meshed. True story, just was kind of embarrashing in the after action statements to the police. I think they thought I was a bit unstable. Which actually helped me as they were going to charge me with excessive force, even though I was outnumbered 5 to one and I was unarmed and they all had knives. Pretty sad, when that happens when you are just defending yourself. But thats what happens I guess when the police find out you are ex- military, especially ex infantry, etc. But they decided to not charge me as I know they thought I was.....maybe a bit not right in my head totally, as one police officer told me. LOL , guess Avlis saved me from that bunch of Valokian crap! LOL


You are Nicolas Cage in "Con Air"