Page 5 of 5

Re: Character Vault Wipe

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:05 pm
Author: Ambrosia
I'm just going to add that there are more CoPaP worlds than Avlis. So.. unless you all get everyone to agree, you'd end up only wiping Avlis, which does not accomplish the 'yes wipe now' party's goals as stated.


just sayin'

8-)

Re: Character Vault Wipe

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:11 pm
Author: Coco
I'm not sure if I understand this right, but if it means that you have to start all over making a new character, I doubt I will do that for two reasons.

1) My knowledge in how to make a character is very limited in the first place.
2) My character that I love to play (even though she has been lvl 40 for years) has a story that I care a lot for and that I can never replace. I spend so much RL time over the years to make her become what- and who she is today.

If I will be forced to make a new character at some point - then fine, as long as I can go back and play my preferable character, when I want to.
However, the thought to start all over will be too much for me to take.

Re: Character Vault Wipe

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:16 pm
Author: Gorgon
*Non-Team response*

Please read the entire topic before worrying about this being serious. I'm sure some old farts are/were somewhat serious, but this became more of an "I wish" or "wouldn't it be neat if?" topic early on, and I'm never worried about it happening. :wink:

Re: Character Vault Wipe

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:50 pm
Author: Coco
Ah, phew! Then I'm glad I misunderstood! <[8)

Re: Character Vault Wipe

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:59 pm
Author: loki70
You think you have it rough...if we wipe NH4's vault, we will save about half the memory on the servers...And then he would have to restart hundreds of characters. The horror.

Re: Character Vault Wipe

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:30 pm
Author: Micah
Pekarion wrote:I feel it's a natural next step now that I've gotten my first level 40 character ]8)


Pek, did you manage to get to 40 slower than idle XP?

Powergamer.

Re: Character Vault Wipe

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:17 am
Author: StarlightCargo
I wouldn't mind that delete button!

I have a character I'd like to do over.

Re: Character Vault Wipe

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:55 am
Author: Pekarion
Micah wrote:
Pekarion wrote:I feel it's a natural next step now that I've gotten my first level 40 character ]8)


Pek, did you manage to get to 40 slower than idle XP?

Powergamer.



*throws awkward WL gangsign*

Yeah I have no idea what I've been doing :|

Re: Character Vault Wipe

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:36 pm
Author: dashdot
After thinking this over for a few days... I'm actually surprisingly ok with this suggestion. No more epics with super uber lewts, just lowbies running around, all with the same level of gear. I think it would encourage more people to group up and play together, too.

I love all of my toons, but I'm sure I can fall in love with a new one, too. I'm not opposed!

Re: Character Vault Wipe

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:53 pm
Author: Angel of Death
dashdot wrote:After thinking this over for a few days... I'm actually surprisingly ok with this suggestion. No more epics with super uber lewts, just lowbies running around, all with the same level of gear. I think it would encourage more people to group up and play together, too.

I love all of my toons, but I'm sure I can fall in love with a new one, too. I'm not opposed!


+1 to this.

Re: Character Vault Wipe

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:20 pm
Author: Nighthawk4
loki70 wrote:You think you have it rough...if we wipe NH4's vault, we will save about half the memory on the servers...And then he would have to restart hundreds of characters. The horror.


You would also lose me in all probability :flucht:

Re: Character Vault Wipe

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:12 pm
Author: bolo
Is it fall already?