Server Totals
Mikona - (2)
Elysia - (1)
Wilderness - (1)
Ferrell - (0)
Le'Or - (0)
M'Chek - (0)
Deglos - (0)
Visimontium - (0)
Underdark - (0)
Total players: 4
Gallery

Links Menu

Paladin Alignment

Moderators: Nighthawk4, Dungeon Masters

Paladin Alignment

PostAuthor: Spaz123 » Wed Jan 22, 2003 6:49 pm

I have created a paladin for the first time and have gotten my Alignment down to Neutral (50) and Good (85). I seemed to have wandered into a house and bashed some chests to get some loot (apparently, this is not a good practice for a paladin). Does anyone know of a way I might bring my Neutral status back up to Lawful? I would hate to have to restart my character.

Spaz123
Squire of Babble
 
Posts: 21
Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2003 6:07 pm
Location: Somewhere in the South

PostAuthor: Orleron » Wed Jan 22, 2003 7:05 pm

DM interaction... do good things and let a DM see you do it.
"Truth has no form."
--Idries Shah

World of Avlis Page

Avlis Project FAQ
User avatar
Orleron
World Advisor, Co-founder
World Advisor, Co-founder
 
Posts: 14905
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2001 9:48 pm
Timezone: GMT-5

PostAuthor: BlackHeart » Wed Jan 22, 2003 7:08 pm

I would sugest doing Lawful things. Since you are good but a Palidin need to be Lawful good.
--
They made me get it and the number is 173130234....yet I am never there
User avatar
BlackHeart
Scholar of Fools
 
Posts: 459
Joined: Fri Jul 26, 2002 2:35 pm
Location: DFW

PostAuthor: Spaz123 » Wed Jan 22, 2003 7:16 pm

I know I need to do Lawful things, but what are those things? Can you give me specific examples? Also, how do I let a DM know that I am doing Lawful things?

Spaz123
Squire of Babble
 
Posts: 21
Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2003 6:07 pm
Location: Somewhere in the South

PostAuthor: Orleron » Wed Jan 22, 2003 8:21 pm

Lawful = following the rules of society and being orderly in your thinking
"Truth has no form."
--Idries Shah

World of Avlis Page

Avlis Project FAQ
User avatar
Orleron
World Advisor, Co-founder
World Advisor, Co-founder
 
Posts: 14905
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2001 9:48 pm
Timezone: GMT-5

PostAuthor: BlackHeart » Wed Jan 22, 2003 8:36 pm

Originally posted by Spaz123
I know I need to do Lawful things, but what are those things? Can you give me specific examples? Also, how do I let a DM know that I am doing Lawful things?


Providing reperations for the chaotic things you have done in the past might be a good place to start.
--
They made me get it and the number is 173130234....yet I am never there
User avatar
BlackHeart
Scholar of Fools
 
Posts: 459
Joined: Fri Jul 26, 2002 2:35 pm
Location: DFW

PostAuthor: Spaz123 » Wed Jan 22, 2003 10:26 pm

Ok, thanks. I guess I'll start fixing the wrong that I have done and bring it to the attention of the DMs. Thanks for the help!

Spaz123
Squire of Babble
 
Posts: 21
Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2003 6:07 pm
Location: Somewhere in the South

PostAuthor: Mach Phiev » Fri Jan 24, 2003 2:00 am

My character had his alignment changed 50 points by a dm today, I'm not impressed, it was handled wrong, it will effect how long I stay here and how I will share my experiences with others at Avlis. DM's should not be allowed to be disrespectful to players, I'm not saying they should be benign, after all, they are dm's.. They should set an example of correct play and roleplay extreme changes such as this. DM's actions should be ic as part of natural events...not arbitrary button pushing.

It was in the keep in the wilderness. The errand boy attacks the Captain and the Captain kills the errand boy. So my LN character who has already talked to the Guards and the Equalizers tries to talk to the Captain. The Captain instead attacks my character!. My 5th level character is hardly a match for the Captain so he runs out of the room with the Captain in pursuit. The Eq's in the hall..the Captains own men kill him.

The DM (who's name I didn't get) moves my characters lawful NEUTRAL alignment 50 points toward evil, and then announces (shouts) that he is going to reset the server. I asked him why he was going to do that and he answers "because". I find that answer totally disrespectful and immature.

Later I talked with a different dm named Verossa who said that my characters actions were unlawful. He made little sense in his explanation. He said that my character should report the Captain to Mikonan officials. The Captains actions were chaotic, the captain attacked my character totally unprovoked. The other Equalizers killed the Captain, it wasn't like my character shot him in the back while he was trying to run away. Why report it, after all the Equalizers already know it happened. A response in retaliation to a chaotic action can hardly be called chaos, if so a Paladin would have to run from every fight..

Avlis...where did you find these DM's?

Mach Phiev
Whiney Peasant
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2003 7:43 am

PostAuthor: tindertwiggy » Fri Jan 24, 2003 3:46 am

Looking into it Mach. Unfortuneately we are not omnipotent and sometimes do not see every side of an interaction.

I have to put in a good word for our team though. I have seen some GREAT dming in the last few weeks, and enjoy working with everyone on it. :)
Happiness is baked with one part bat guano, one part sulfur.

tindertwiggy
Legacy DM
Legacy DM
 
Posts: 6682
Images: 1
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2002 12:20 am
Location: Nippon

PostAuthor: choraldances » Fri Feb 07, 2003 9:57 pm

Mach Phiev wrote:

Later I talked with a different dm named Verossa who said that my characters actions were unlawful. He made little sense in his explanation. He said that my character should report the Captain to Mikonan officials. The Captains actions were chaotic, the captain attacked my character totally unprovoked. The other Equalizers killed the Captain, it wasn't like my character shot him in the back while he was trying to run away. Why report it, after all the Equalizers already know it happened. A response in retaliation to a chaotic action can hardly be called chaos, if so a Paladin would have to run from every fight..


First of all, I don't know what happened at the EQ keep, I wasn't there, so I had to go with what I had in mind of what happened. And the place at EQ keep at that time was bugged in a way that the factions were messed up, and many ppl were caught exploiting it by looting the corpses. So, I had that in mind, so I assumed that you were exploiting this, so I didn't bother to explain to you why the DM did what he did elaborately. And I apologize in hindsight. But as far as the event itself, I can not say, I don't know what you did at that time.

Avlis...where did you find these DM's?


Now, you're getting on my nerves with THIS comment, we're doing the best we can, and you're getting personal now. Remember, this is a game, and we're doing the best we can, this doesn't have to be personal.

Addition: From now on, I will take the responsibilty for what I do as a DM online, you can blame me all you want, but don't group my actions with the rest of the team, that is just immature!
User avatar
choraldances
Uber Posting Whor3
 
Posts: 13707
Joined: Wed Nov 13, 2002 11:36 pm
Location: Stuck in what feels like Arborea GMT -7

PostAuthor: Orleron » Sat Feb 08, 2003 5:34 am

This guy quit Avlis weeks ago. Don't worry. Calm down. Take a deep breath... hehe

:mrgreen:
User avatar
Orleron
World Advisor, Co-founder
World Advisor, Co-founder
 
Posts: 14905
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2001 9:48 pm
Timezone: GMT-5

PostAuthor: Strangg » Sun Feb 09, 2003 2:52 am

Mach Phiev wrote:My character had his alignment changed 50 points by a dm today, I'm not impressed, it was handled wrong, it will effect how long I stay here and how I will share my experiences with others at Avlis. DM's should not be allowed to be disrespectful to players, I'm not saying they should be benign, after all, they are dm's.. They should set an example of correct play and roleplay extreme changes such as this. DM's actions should be ic as part of natural events...not arbitrary button pushing.

It was in the keep in the wilderness. The errand boy attacks the Captain and the Captain kills the errand boy. So my LN character who has already talked to the Guards and the Equalizers tries to talk to the Captain. The Captain instead attacks my character!. My 5th level character is hardly a match for the Captain so he runs out of the room with the Captain in pursuit. The Eq's in the hall..the Captains own men kill him.

The DM (who's name I didn't get) moves my characters lawful NEUTRAL alignment 50 points toward evil, and then announces (shouts) that he is going to reset the server. I asked him why he was going to do that and he answers "because". I find that answer totally disrespectful and immature.

Later I talked with a different dm named Verossa who said that my characters actions were unlawful. He made little sense in his explanation. He said that my character should report the Captain to Mikonan officials. The Captains actions were chaotic, the captain attacked my character totally unprovoked. The other Equalizers killed the Captain, it wasn't like my character shot him in the back while he was trying to run away. Why report it, after all the Equalizers already know it happened. A response in retaliation to a chaotic action can hardly be called chaos, if so a Paladin would have to run from every fight..

Avlis...where did you find these DM's?


HAHAH your such a fukwit. It WAS me that was resetting the server. However it was NOT me that changed your alignment. I logged on specifically to reload the mod because i had gotten a tip from a player in IRC about how it was lagging. Not that it matters since you are gone now. But i never coudl figure out why you were giving me so much attitude when i announced the reset of the server, and now that i know it just cracks me up to no end. No wonder you sent those whiney u2u's to me, you thought i had changed your alignment, thank god you finally left. As far as DM's being respectful, show some respect towards DM's instead if acting like a whiney fuktard.

~S
User avatar
Strangg
Team Member; Retired with Honors
 
Posts: 4179
Joined: Wed Jul 17, 2002 11:25 am
Location: Heaven

PostAuthor: choraldances » Sun Feb 09, 2003 4:27 am

Orleron wrote:This guy quit Avlis weeks ago. Don't worry. Calm down. Take a deep breath... hehe

:mrgreen:


hehe, I need to remind myself what I said to Silk

breathe in, breathe out, smile and repeat!
User avatar
choraldances
Uber Posting Whor3
 
Posts: 13707
Joined: Wed Nov 13, 2002 11:36 pm
Location: Stuck in what feels like Arborea GMT -7


Return to NWN General Discussion

Who is online

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot]