Cougar's wife

Moderators: Nighthawk4, Dungeon Masters

Rali'vinee
QA Tester
QA Tester

Re: Cougar's wife

Post by Rali'vinee » Sat Dec 22, 2018 12:33 am

Dear Cougar,
Of all that I've missed in the years I've been gone from CoPAP, my biggest regret is not having seen this thread to know what you've been going through and fighting for. You and your wife are now solidly in my prayers and heart and I send you all of the healing power I can.
Love, me.

Ambrosia
Major DM
Major DM
DM Avatar: Berryn

Post by Ambrosia » Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:05 am

Thank you for letting us know and for the update and know that you are most definitely on our prayer list as well.
Have a*´¨)
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ * Wonderful day! *

GunnJ
CCC
CCC

Post by GunnJ » Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:07 am

You both are so strong, I wish and pray the best for the both of you.

One thing I discovered while traveling with someone in a wheelchair is to get TSA's Pre-Check. Oh. My. Word. That was worth the price, every single penny.

Hugs for you both. :)
“If you can’t take the heat, don’t tickle the dragon.”

Gorgon
CCC - Special Projects Manager
CCC - Special Projects Manager
Timezone: PDT -7

Post by Gorgon » Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:12 am

I never was good at posting personal things (probably why you don't see me do it often, outside of rave stuff). That being said...

Please know that you are in our thoughts here, and we are wishing the best for both of you.
"God not only plays dice, he throws them in the corner where you can't see them."
-- Stephen William Hawking (b. 1942) --

Sprucing up ye olde NWN | Modifying nwn.ini and nwnplayer.ini | ~Rare Items Wanted~ | Stealth Modifiers

Cougar
Sage
Timezone: CST

Post by Cougar » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:06 am

Update concerning my wife -
We just had another PET scan done on the previous last Friday (Feb 1st) and met with the oncologist Wednesday afternoon. It nearly broke me to hear her cancer is spreading. Thankfully it has not taken any foothold out side of her bone marrow but it has spread drastically through her bones. It was previously located to her pelvic, parts of her spine, and breast bone. It is now nearly her whole spine, shoulder blades, and in both arms and legs. We now are treading into an area of how much her bones can take so she is going to have to be x-rayed numerous times for bone density. If any area is weak it will need to be radiated locally and then pins, plates, or other artificial support put in keep breaks from happening. And only if her blood numbers bounce back up, currently they are extremely low, she will then start a new chemo in three weeks that is extremely harsh. At a regiment of once ever three weeks.

Our son just celebrated his 17th birthday and is on track to graduate high school next year. The doctor could not give us good odds of her making it that long. I can only pray she will respond well to this treatment otherwise I am not sure how to explain this to our son.

As always we appreciate all the kind words and prayers given.

God bless and thank you,
I will survive - drunken style
Member of the MadKat / Ghostie / Plethora / Olaf fan club

Katroine
Team Member; Retired with Honors
Timezone: Mountain

Post by Katroine » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:31 am

Sending you all the strength and love to get through this. I've been thinking about you and hoping you've been doing okay. If you ever want to talk, hit me up.

XOXO
Kat

Cameron Klym
Roleplayer of the Year 2015
Timezone: -0700 GMT

Post by Cameron Klym » Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:50 pm

Praying that your wife can start to get on the upswing ASAP.
Would any amounts of vitamin D help at all for her bone density?

Rali'vinee
QA Tester
QA Tester

Post by Rali'vinee » Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:45 am

Continuing to send love and blessings to you and your wife, Cougar.
I am praying for this treatment to work.

Kanos
Assist DM
Assist DM
Timezone: MST-7
DM Avatar: DreAna

Post by Kanos » Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:49 am

Sending hope and good thoughts your way.
Player of Ariana|Quin|Jenai|& Elainee
"The world is hateful and Cruel, But lets save its ass anyway. It is better than being bored." Rook Bartlet Invid Invasion
Skype -- wifey5122@hotmail.com

Cougar
Sage
Timezone: CST

Post by Cougar » Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:34 am

Update concerning my wife -

We just had another PET scan done on Friday February 1 and met with the oncologist the afternoon of the 6th. It nearly broke me to here her cancer is spreading. Thankfully it has not taken any foothold out side of her bone marrow but it has spread drastically through her bones. It was previously located to her pelvic, parts of her spine, and breast bone (a mere 8% of her skeletal structure). It is now nearly her whole spine, shoulder blades, and in both arms and legs (85% of her bones are cancer infected). We now are treading into an area of how much her bones can take so she is going to have to be x-rayed numerous times for bone density. If any area is weak it will need to be radiated locally and then pins, plates, or other artificial support put in keep breaks from happening. And only if her blood numbers bounce back up, currently they are extremely low, she will then start a new chemo in three weeks that is extremely harsh. At a regiment of once ever three weeks.

Our son just celebrated his 17th birthday and is on track to graduate high school next year. The doctor could not give us good odds of her making it that long. I can only pray she will respond well to this treatment otherwise I am not sure how to explain this to our son.

As always we appreciate all the kind words and prayers given. I also wish to apologize in advance if I am not my normal cheerful self and take time before responding to any messages.

God bless and thank you
I will survive - drunken style
Member of the MadKat / Ghostie / Plethora / Olaf fan club

LadyAwesome
Major DM, RPotY 2014
Major DM, RPotY 2014
Timezone: GMT +13
DM Avatar: Qinoxitl

Post by LadyAwesome » Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:46 am

Cougar I am so sorry you have to go through all this. I watched my friend's dad go through something similar and it was horrific. Your son is luckily old enough to understand. I am thinking on your family and wish you all the love and support I can muster XX.
Pia - The Miette Hartley Ribbon for Exceptional Disregard of Allies 2014