Elysia - (0)
Le'Or - (0)
Deglos - (0)
Underdark - (0)
Mikona - (0)
Total players: 6
Gallery

Links Menu

Question about custom race hak and cloths.

Forum for posing direct questions to the Avlis Team. Purpose is to facilitate Team/Player communication.

Moderators: Nighthawk4, Dungeon Masters

Question about custom race hak and cloths.

PostAuthor: Yenefer » Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:38 am

Hello. I have question about custom race hak. Maybe I have it damaged or it's some kind of bug?
My orc when it wears ROBES look strange. (mages robes, cleric robes).
here is pic:

Player of:
Yenefer Urgash
BANSHEE!!!

Plethora's slave
Yenefer
Apprentice Scholar

Timezone: +2 GMT (+1 winter t

PostAuthor: Ghostie » Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:54 am

That is strange.

Have you tried reinstalling the haks?
Your password must contain at least 8 letters, a capital, a plot, a protagonist with good character development, a twist, and a happy ending.
Ghostie
Team Member; Retired with Honors

PostAuthor: Marleh » Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:01 am

That happens for the custom race hak, from what I've been told there is nothing that can be done about it if you want to keep that particular orc look.

The other orc look allows for robes to look normal, but the head is the round orc face with the pointy ears that isn't very flattering for female orcs.

Unfortunately, from what I understand, you will have to choose one or the other, or not use the tweaked hak and look like the basic orc shaman with the funky walk.

Unless someone has come up with a twist to fix this and I've missed the post?

Edit: SorrY!!! Didn't notice that it was ATT :(
Last edited by Marleh on Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image Dame Moira Celyn (Windspar) Callindraes - Just a little bit...
Marleh
QA Resource

PostAuthor: Yenefer » Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:20 am

Ghostie wrote:That is strange.

Have you tried reinstalling the haks?

Yes, and I asked some others players in Tells, and they said that, they see it same way.

If nothing can be done, it is fine. everything is better than "standard look" of orc. I was in Taris and I almost faint when I saw how my character look without hak.

Oh, can you make this "custom race.hak" a needed file not optional?
My character can be hooded, robed, under cloak and when others see me they say " You, orc."
How they can tell my character is an orc? Ok, size, but half-orcs are big too, and no one screems "Orc" when see them.
Player of:
Yenefer Urgash
BANSHEE!!!

Plethora's slave
Yenefer
Apprentice Scholar

PostAuthor: CPU » Thu Oct 04, 2007 3:21 pm

Yenefer wrote:Oh, can you make this "custom race.hak" a needed file not optional?

I'm assuming you are asking the Team to make this hak a required hak for playing Avlis? Chances are that won't happen. Alot of haks created outside of the Avlis can have unintentional consequences on the custom systems and current haks of Avlis. It is also very difficult to justify adding in a hak that is either bugged or does not work properly or a hak that will allow for bugged characters to be created (alot of the custom race forms have only the male version, not female version resulting in bugged female characters). It adds confusion to new players and requires additional Team intervention to correct. We've had some reports of haks like these altering spawns in ways that make them hard (if not impossible) to attack.

If you as a player wish to play a non-custom race that Avlis has provided for it's players to play, but you want the character to look differently then Avlis has provided, then it is up to you as the player to decide to use the buggy hak and deal with the consequences of that. We cannot ask everyone on Avlis to put up with buggy haks, odd graphics, and altered spawns.

The only real solution I can see is getting someone who can do modelling and skinning to debug the hak, have them join as a subcontractor and submit a, "fix."
Avlis Housing Director
PM: Avlis Player Housing
Player Housing Information - This answers most questions people have. Please read this before asking.
CPU

PostAuthor: Yenefer » Thu Oct 04, 2007 3:40 pm

CPU wrote:If you as a player wish to play a non-custom race that Avlis has provided for it's players to play, but you want the character to look differently then Avlis has provided, then it is up to you as the player to decide to use the buggy hak and deal with the consequences of that. We cannot ask everyone on Avlis to put up with buggy haks, odd graphics, and altered spawns.
"

But this is not some hak I downloaded form "unknown source", I downloaded it from Avlis Wiki. I only wanted to know if this cloth thing is bug or I have damaged hak.

As to ask everyone on avlis to put up this hak, it is only matter that many people see my orc as "standard" model, so no matter what my char is wearing, if she is disguised or not. Everyone knows she is orc and calls her "orc".

Thank you for answer. :D
Player of:
Yenefer Urgash
BANSHEE!!!

Plethora's slave
Yenefer
Apprentice Scholar

PostAuthor: Li'll Divvil » Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:31 pm

The HAK was done by an avlis community member as a favor by popular request I believe, but he DID state in the previous posts above the link that it was not perfect.

Since there were obvious issues with this, the HAK has not been implemented by the team (CPU mentioned some).

If someone can fix all of the issues, it could be considered for implementation by the team (not saying it WOULD, but COULD).

of course I am a minor god in the pantheon, if the big guns trump me so be it :)
Li'll Divvil

Timezone: GMT +1
DM Avatar: Tobin

PostAuthor: Marleh » Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:01 am

*sneaks in...*

If you are in disguise or wearing a hood/helm then emote that you are in disguise and most people will pay attention and play along.

*Enters the area with a heavy cloak pulled closed, covering her form, and her hood pulled down low over her face*

Cut and paste works great for this. :D

PS: Don't forget to emote that you aren't talking in your normal voice as well. Make sure to read the disguise rules if you have questions.

*scampers out*
Image Dame Moira Celyn (Windspar) Callindraes - Just a little bit...
Marleh
QA Resource

Return to The Avlis Project: Ask the Team