Underdark - (0)
Ferrell - (0)
Wilderness - (0)
Deglos - (0)
Total players: 7
Gallery

Links Menu

Player's idea box

Forum for posing direct questions to the Avlis Team. Purpose is to facilitate Team/Player communication.

Moderators: Nighthawk4, Dungeon Masters

PostAuthor: myzmar » Wed Apr 19, 2006 8:33 am

Make all the general forums subscribable. With the thousands of notes on these boards, its getting harder and harder to navigate and not to miss something important. I bet I am not the only one that would love to be able to unsubscribe from random discussion, rants, raves, nwn general discussion and nwn scripting and stick to what's really important. Seems to me like an easy way to make our lives easier.

I don't think this will happen, it would create a sea of extra work for us. - Moredo
If I ever edit a post it most probably cause of the typos. I make a hell lot of them when I write.

myzmar
Gold Lifer

PostAuthor: pincushionman » Wed Apr 19, 2006 1:00 pm

Link "the world wiki" heading on the forum main page to the Wiki main page.

Gonna talk to Grunt about this. - Moredo
Suuhoroh . Shaahesk fighter . Journeyman armorwright, Avlis Arms and Armor Association . Corporal, M'Chek Army Blackhawk Company
Cookie (Amakiir) . Kobold chef extrordinaire - he thinks

lizard shields viewtopic.php?t=53138
timezone calc http://www.worldtimeserver.com/time_converter.aspx
AAAA recruitment viewtopic.php?t=62035
pincushionman
Apprentice Scholar

PostAuthor: p0m » Wed Apr 19, 2006 8:48 pm

NPC's who take weapons useable by evil, or enchanted as such to be destroyed, giving a small amount of experience or other reward for bringing it to be destroyed.

For instance, Shaahesk Scimitars, Fey Stickers and so on. NPC sold versions may have to be excluded or removed from the NPC's to avoid exploiting.

I'm quite happy to set up code for this and to do the work to implement it.
Player of: Dannar Sunrise/Blighte
Gennor Visson
Jert Vilodel
p0m
Scholar

Timezone: +10
DM Avatar: Wintermute

PostAuthor: Tangleroot » Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:20 pm

And if the previous post is deemed workable: same for evil-smiting weapons and 'good weapons'. I bet Gork would be happy to go to town on that stuff.
Tangleroot
Silver Member

PostAuthor: Xandor Amakiir » Wed Apr 26, 2006 8:14 am

Adhesives in smal stacks...

I'm buying a large suply to work with now, and i have to buy them one bye one. I would love it if there were stacks of ten i could buy, the adhesives arnt verry unlike the lapperdy tools...
Journeyman to the AKN
Skald of Fury
Owner of the Lore Shop "Elysia"

Stories of a 1001 planes...

Xandor Amakiir
Silver Member

PostAuthor: Krator » Wed Apr 26, 2006 8:53 am

Sticky thread "Birthday wishes" in Random Discussions.

All the Birthday wishes threads are getting a bit out of hand with Elong's calendar now.

Can't find the post in RD, got a link? - Moredo
Krator
Elder Sage

Timezone: GMT

PostAuthor: Hamlet » Thu Apr 27, 2006 12:29 pm

Krator wrote:Sticky thread "Birthday wishes" in Random Discussions.

Add "Today the following members have a birthday: <list of board names>." at the bottom of the forum page and a "Date of Birth" field in the forum board's User Profile template. It is a standard phpBB board feature as far as I have seen.

This won't happen. - Moredo
#AVLISPLAYERHOUSING
#WHATSHERNAMEAGAIN

Hamlet, please don't kill me
-Plethora

Hamlet
QA's 1st|CCC|PH Fairy|RPoTY 2007
QA's 1st|CCC|PH Fairy|RPoTY 2007

PostAuthor: chilingsworth » Thu Apr 27, 2006 8:28 pm

How about adding "patient" and maybe "nurse" NPC's to any area that's supposed to serve as a hospitial? (as was done in the first chapter of the original NWN campagin)

It'd add alot to the realism of those areas, and I for one have a hard time trying to help a hospitial that shows no signs of use, and pleanty of staff.

(also, maybe a begger or two inside the shelter of Hope?)

ADDED IN RESPONSE TO NEXT POST: Thanks for the info, Marleh. Also, I think I've said this before, but The hospitial is gourgous!
The sweetest obession
to keep me awake
sleep loss entailed
by the love that we make.

Don't spawn me a lover
Don't spam me with choclates
just return my affections
or just set me free

pstanton wrote:I think it is time to stop bickering like children and find a way to release Gurth from the Seal in such a way that people like Grag don't have collective heart failure.

Player of Grag Tharashk
chilingsworth
Scholar

PostAuthor: Marleh » Thu Apr 27, 2006 9:34 pm

Please forgive me if I speak out of turn in this forum, but since I built the Shelter of Hope Hospital and revamped the Shelter, I have a bit of an idea of what was involved.

First, there are beggar NPCs in the Shelter, they are trigger spawn, and they are scattered around in a few places both upstairs and down. You just need to walk around a bit to hit the triggers.

As for the hospital itself, it fell under the player-housing rules because the building of it was sponsored by holy orders, which are type 1 guilds. This included pricing out each NPC, and no trigger spawns. Although we had some very generous donations, I couldn't see spending the money on several NPCs, and I certainly did not want to add to the lag of the server with them, so I left patients to the player's imagination.

I did add an atmosphere message as you enter the Shelter to help set the mood, but I placed it too low under the carpet and it doesn't trigger. Oops.

Note, the clerical healers who work in the Hospital do not belong to either Mikon's Council of Balance, or the Healers of Cha'reth. These are type 1 guilds and only PC's can belong to them. Instead, the healers of the Shelter are clerics of the churches of Mikon and Cha'reth.

Hope this helps some.
Image Dame Moira Celyn (Windspar) Callindraes - Just a little bit...
Marleh
QA Resource

PostAuthor: Fifty » Sun Apr 30, 2006 11:23 am

It has been asked before, but with 1.67 approaching, can we PLEASE consider putting Issig's Half-Ogre model in? http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Ha ... 07&id=6576
Hovering around the edges of polite society
Fifty
Uber Posting Whor3

PostAuthor: Fifty » Sat May 06, 2006 10:21 pm

Create the above mentioned "youth hostel" style accomodation and use the area properties:advanced tab in the toolset to set the area as +100 to all spot checks. It is so bare, there is nowhere to hide!
Fifty
Uber Posting Whor3

PostAuthor: Turkusoli » Sun May 14, 2006 5:18 pm

Detect good for the Blackguard PrC?
Turkusoli
Prince of Bloated Discourse

PostAuthor: Gumble Tinkertumble » Tue May 23, 2006 1:01 pm

Create some form of scripted classes for those wishing to be mages of the Trust. At the moment classes seem to be few and far between and there are always going to be problems of differing time zones.

There won't be any scripted NPC held classes, going to a PC held class and listening to the different stories told there is fun and can be very rewarding. I don't think you'd get the same effect from listening to an NPC using a talk script. You'll just have to wait (or request) a class. - Moredo
Gumble Tinkertumble
Sage

PostAuthor: Gumble Tinkertumble » Thu May 25, 2006 1:03 pm

Put a boat (ferry) at Blandenberg Ferry.

I don't think there will ever be a ferry all the way up at Blandeberg, but if IC developments (player actions) call for a ferry at Westshore.. well anything can happen. :) - Moredo
Gumble Tinkertumble
Sage

PostAuthor: pstanton » Thu May 25, 2006 10:53 pm

Custom Race NPCs? I've seen very few. The priest at Aarilax Temple, Mikona used to be a Lizardman but was changed.
This sounds like a perfect job for a Sub. Need an app?

I just wanna see some Kobolds, Lizardmen, Wemic, Centaur, Avariel guards and so on. Wouldn't it be nice to have a few Kobolds and Wemics in the Mikona Guard? Maybe (just for laughs) a Lizardman O'Ma Cleric NPC in Elysia?

the additions could even be explained IG as a cultural exchange program between nations! :lol:

we have quite a few custom races, but you rarely actually see them as NPCs....

Gaurd spawns would be subject to Senior DM approval.
High Priest of the Irrelevent

pstanton
Apprentice Scholar

PostAuthor: Tigg » Thu May 25, 2006 11:25 pm

(sorry if this has come up but a search on 'harm' wasn't really working)

have to ask if it's been considered whether the Harm spell is consistent with the general gameplay vision of Avlis... after getting a good battle out of some Sereg but watching them get popped like grapes one by one with Harm (in one case doing over 700 damage) it made me wonder what the DM must have been thinking at that point and about the spell in general. as far as suggestions go, how about making the damage dependent on # of cleric levels or adding a fort save.

Sadly (imo) this is a Dead Horse, Harm won't be changed. - Moredo
Ua mau ke ea o ka ina i ka pono.
Tigg
Elder Sage

PostAuthor: CPU » Fri May 26, 2006 3:00 pm

After the Dwarf bug in the Lycanthropy code is figured out, give it (or an appropriately altered version of it) to Changlings so they ~can~ become Dwarves.
Avlis Housing Director
PM: Avlis Player Housing
Player Housing Information - This answers most questions people have. Please read this before asking.
CPU
Team Member; Retired with Honors

PostAuthor: ShadowViper » Fri May 26, 2006 6:00 pm

Can the poisons which you can apply to weapons be made to be longer lasting or hit based?

The problem with it now is that when you apply it to a weapon you will leave stealth mode, very unwelcome if you want to surprise someone with a poisoned blade to his or her back. If it where longer lasting or hit based you can poison your blade and then sneak up to your target and make the attack.
ShadowViper
QA Tester
QA Tester

PostAuthor: Fifty » Sun May 28, 2006 5:38 pm

In the RPoTM voting slip there is a space for a comment. I used to make comments, still do occasionally, but it would be nice to be able to read some of these comments about the winners each month.

I'll ask RCon to add some of the good once, when he announces the winners. - Moredo

I PM'd him this suggestion too.

I also wanted to suggest that the comments for the winners be given out, but also any notable ones for non-winners.
Last edited by Fifty on Tue May 30, 2006 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fifty
Uber Posting Whor3

PostAuthor: Krator » Tue May 30, 2006 1:25 pm

On the forums, make [wiki]text[/wiki] link to the appropiate wiki page when used in a post.

I'll ask Grunt, but it takes about 3 seconds longer to write [url=wikilink]text[/url].. - Moredo
Krator
Elder Sage

PostAuthor: Fifty » Tue May 30, 2006 10:42 pm

Set up a filter so that Vash aran appears as Adamkuro on the forums, to get us in the habit.

For NWN Avlis you can use Vasharan and Adomkuro interchangeably. As Vasharan is a trademarked term, it can't be used in any official publication capacity though. - Moredo
Fifty
Uber Posting Whor3

PostAuthor: Isengrim » Wed May 31, 2006 2:40 pm

As inspired by certain Rants thread:

Perhaps it would be sound to make the way from the surface to the Dark City longer, less hospitable and simply speaking deadly for the "sightseers" from both sides? Many players claim it is far too easy to get to the DC and definately spoils the climate of the place.

Wow, people are ranting about DC already? :? Liephus will see what he can do about this though. - Moredo

Edit: replying to Moredo :)

Not really ranting about the DC, just attitude of some PCs down there. The place is awesome. :) Thanks for seeing to it.
Last edited by Isengrim on Thu Jun 01, 2006 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
As I could never refuse a woman... ;)
More or less proud player of:

Ialath Fentellon,
V'sher Shal'ess,
Vittoria Boreas

DanishPastry wrote: Wtf, "Damar Ogdem's Corpse"! That can only mean... HE HAS ASCENDED TO GODHOOD!!11

I killed a PC and all I got was this lousy T-shirt... http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0455.html
Isengrim
Silver Contributor

PostAuthor: Xandor Amakiir » Wed May 31, 2006 2:56 pm

Isengrim wrote:As inspired by certain Rants thread:

Perhaps it would be sound to make the way from the surface to the Dark City longer, less hospitable and simply speaking deadly for the "sightseers" from both sides? Many players claim it is far too easy to get to the DC and definately spoils the climate of the place.

Put some true seeing creatures there to...

5. Avoid chain suggestions---If person A proposes a change, a suggestion based off of person A's proposal is beyond the scope of this thread. This is commentary and theory. - Moredo
Journeyman to the AKN
Skald of Fury
Owner of the Lore Shop "Elysia"

Stories of a 1001 planes...

Xandor Amakiir
Silver Member

PostAuthor: Landrin_Mard » Wed May 31, 2006 8:38 pm

I don't suppose there is anyway to search for terms within a single post, not just a thread, is there? Searching this thread and others like it are a nightmare since there are so many disperate ideas being discussed... so one term will be in one post and another term in another, but neither post is about what you're looking for (if you even find them).

Is there any advice that folks have for searching such threads?

Could an option to search within each post be added to the search capability? Just asking...

thanks

If you flip the search from threads to posts like I've shown in the screenshot below, you should be able to single out the posts that you want. To search within the posts themselves, just use ctrl + f. :) - Moredo

Landrin_Mard
QA Devwiki Guru

Timezone: US-Pacific (GMT-8)

PostAuthor: DanishPastry » Thu Jun 01, 2006 12:52 pm

Make the Dark City part of the Underdark completely inaccessible so only DMs can jump people (away from) there for event/plot purposes. It is so extremely lame to see every surface dweller and his mother suddenly touring the Dark City with the same ease as were they hiking from Ferrell to Elysia.

Liephus (and others) have created an exceptional and very cool place for the Evil aligned to blossom and if people want to see what it's like they should roll up new PCs same way you were encouraged to do back when Kuras went live. The place is supposed to have an even more different feel than any existing place on Avlis but won't achieve that successfully if Joe Doe can pop by with his mighty glowsword every time he feels like it.

At least you have to pay a shitload of gold to get to Kuras/Kurathene...

Please place all Underdark feedback in the feeback thread.

Use this here instead: http://www.avlis.org/viewtopic.php?t=79279

-croton
WrathOG777: This is a roleplaying game. There is no such thing as winning or losing. Only playing.
DanishPastry
Team Member; Retired with Honors

Timezone: GMT+1

PreviousNext

Return to The Avlis Project: Ask the Team