Ferrell - (0)
Le'Or - (0)
Mikona - (0)
Deglos - (0)
Total players: 4
Gallery

Links Menu

Player's idea box

Forum for posing direct questions to the Avlis Team. Purpose is to facilitate Team/Player communication.

Moderators: Nighthawk4, Dungeon Masters

Re: Player's idea box

PostAuthor: Isadora » Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:18 am

Aramithran wrote:
Design a quick cheat-sheet or infographic with the top reasons about why Avlis is awesome and post them on various sites (with the appropriate target-market of course).

I did this with reddit.. about two subreddits actually.. no luck :( but I'll try again. I'm not sure where else to go? It's a bit difficult to tell people about an awesome RP experience and then go "So... all you have to do is buy this 10 year old game!" unless we're recruiting older people most young people are turned off majorly by old graphics.
~:Flowera Jooscia:~
*:Selle Galleaf:*
#:Isadora Arnemeigne:#
"Kingsley's Ho: Because my baby is going to be a wizard and portal rides to Visimontium ain't free"
Isadora
Scholar

PostAuthor: Aramithran » Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:38 am

Isadora wrote:
Aramithran wrote:
Design a quick cheat-sheet or infographic with the top reasons about why Avlis is awesome and post them on various sites (with the appropriate target-market of course).

I did this with reddit.. about two subreddits actually.. no luck :( but I'll try again. I'm not sure where else to go? It's a bit difficult to tell people about an awesome RP experience and then go "So... all you have to do is buy this 10 year old game!" unless we're recruiting older people most young people are turned off majorly by old graphics.

Would you mind sending me the material and the links to your posts? I'd like to take a look at them if that's alright.
Aramithran
Scholar of Fools

Timezone: CDT

PostAuthor: Gumble Tinkertumble » Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:34 am

Could we get something like this added to the forums?

MOD Google +1
Gumble Tinkertumble
Sage

Timezone: GMT

PostAuthor: Gumble Tinkertumble » Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:21 pm

A few of the shifter forms cast spells or have spell like effects which are dependant on druid levels for DC, etc. This seems counter intuitive considering they are abilities that druids don't even have!

Could the abilities be hooked to level up with shifter levels instead?
Gumble Tinkertumble
Sage

PostAuthor: Jazz » Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:56 am

An idea for newly created characters: upon creation give them 3.000 xp (or mayb 1.000 xp) so they start at level 3 (or 2), instead of 1.

Why? In the grand scheme of Epic Levels 3.000 xp is nothing, but is enough to give your PC a headstart so you don't have to fed ex or Farm your way up the first levels when there's either no one around, you can't explore anything, or feel slily joining an epic party that's going to kill balors that will kill you in 1 bite, etc.

It's been done on other servers and could perhaps serve well for new players joining us.
Of course, even if you as a team would agree with it, not sure if coding it is as easy as it sounds?
Jazz
Team Member; Retired with Honors

Timezone: GMT +1/+2

PostAuthor: silverfields2 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:12 pm

A way to trash the xp earned by not logging in because leveling without character development is no fun.

Ask a friendly DM to take it from you ~ Pleth
Comrades Fill No Glass For Me - Stephen Foster
Oh! comrades, fill no glass for me
To drown my soul in liquid flame
For if I drank, the toast should be
To blighted fortune health and fame.
silverfields2
QA Tester
QA Tester

Timezone: GMT -5

PostAuthor: Aramithran » Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:15 pm

Please create or promote more usage of locations/cultures/ideology inspired on Jew and Muslim (and others) culture similar to how other game-worlds do (Forgotten Realms, Planescape, Warcraft).

What the heck does this even mean? On a more macro level, a lot of Avlis lore's backstory comes from Kabbalah traditions as Orl interpreted them.
Aramithran
Scholar of Fools

PostAuthor: Brayon » Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:49 pm

Reactivate Share Spell between Familiar's and Mages, and Include Druids/Rangers and their Companions.

Pleth is the Best!
AJ is Arcadia's Brother

Dear whoever is reading this.
You're beautiful, and someone out there is crazy about you.
So smile.
Life is too short to be unhappy.
Brayon

PostAuthor: Cameron Klym » Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:21 am

I know its a minor thing , but what about having spears able to be used one or two handedly?

Cameron Klym
Roleplayer of the Year 2015

Timezone: -0700 GMT

PostAuthor: Angel of Death » Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:41 pm

Make it so that large creatures can wield large weapons in their off-hand too. Or create large two-handed weapons.
Duhmash - Head Priest of the Bloodkin Tribe.
Raar - Big bad ogre
Fitz - Red Order Magus
Angel of Death
Minor DM
Minor DM

Timezone: +1 GMT
DM Avatar: Maleki

PostAuthor: Katroine » Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:40 pm

This may be filed under Not Mechanically Possible but I was thinking of a cool addition to the game today.

We have portals to get to other servers which is great and some of those servers (Deglos) even offer caravans to take you to cities within that server.

Having an option for each server would cut down on the long traveling time (real time) to go on adventurers, get to other people, etc.

A caravan placed at a server transition or start area with a few options, not making it mandatory of course.

For example:

M'Chek Caravan: Destinations of Derrington Keep, Eastshore, Westshore, Blandenberg Ferry, Order of the Way.

T'Nanshi Caravan: Destinations of Zvidureth, Port Nireth, Orcscourge, Canopies, Fairy Gardens.

Ferrell Caravan: Destinations of the Port, Coventry Fair, Little Falls Canyon, Roseberry, Cute Furry Animal Dojo.

And so on.

Sure I am lazy and sometimes I only have an hour to play but getting to a place quickly is very handy and I am sure there are many times when the walk would be preferable.
Katroine

Timezone: Mountain

PostAuthor: ShadowViper » Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:24 am

Could the cave guardians to the Lost River Canyon be removed? These are Uber Epic, while the dungeon behind them is low level , granted it becomes more dangerous further in but that is for the players to find out.
Nobody goes to this dungeon anymore because it’s almost impossible to get through the front door. Bit of a waste of a nice dungeon if you ask me.
It's good to be evil.
ShadowViper
QA Tester
QA Tester

PostAuthor: Katroine » Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:50 pm

Portal to other start areas from Le'Or start tent so custom races can start where they choose.
Katroine

Timezone: Mountain

PostAuthor: Ghostie » Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:02 pm

Katroine wrote:Portal to other start areas from Le'Or start tent so custom races can start where they choose.

This! Please, this. (and count in the Underdark one too)
Your password must contain at least 8 letters, a capital, a plot, a protagonist with good character development, a twist, and a happy ending.
Ghostie

PostAuthor: Brayon » Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:16 am

Persistent Mini-Maps, and Map Pins.

Pleth is the Best!
AJ is Arcadia's Brother

So smile.
Brayon

PostAuthor: Brayon » Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:33 am

Add to the Crafting system, a way for crafters to make Wand Blanks for Mages to Artifice, and Scroll Paper.

Pleth is the Best!
AJ is Arcadia's Brother

So smile.
Brayon

PostAuthor: Psye Shaar » Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:08 am

Have the druid/ranger being friendly to animals become a party-wide thing (even if dependent on a higher required AE skill)

Being onperceive (which it appears to be) would still require the nature based class to keep ahead to ensure the animals are calm
<Pleth> is that aris elf??
Psye Shaar
Prince of Bloated Discourse

PostAuthor: Antonin » Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:44 pm

Add some measure of militant levels (maybe half?) to dispel resistance for potions, items, and such. It's great to get uber bonuses from Cordials for having 40 militant levels, but less so when they can be dispelled at the drop of a hat.

Antonin
Knight of Useless Drivel

PostAuthor: Brayon » Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:01 pm

Add some of the CTS functionality to Magi Familiars. Such as being able to remotely have them sit, or lay down.

Pleth is the Best!
AJ is Arcadia's Brother

So smile.
Brayon

PostAuthor: Eklektikos » Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:20 pm

Consider placing an NPC in each start area that will allow PCs (or perhaps only newly created PCs) to convert to the deity of their choice. Having to play "find the temple" in order to convert a new character whose back-story may or may not involve a pre-existing devotion to their god often seems odd IC, and can be unnecessarily complicated.
Eklektikos

PostAuthor: Tel » Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:05 am

RageXP is rather difficult to build when with a group, and while I love the longer rages once you're into the mid-levels as a rager it looks incredibly daunting to level up.

from my experiance you gain 1~3rage XP (up to 5 RARELY) per kill that is attributed to your character. So in a party if you're not landing the final hit, you're not gaining XP, nor when you use Artificed Wands.

I'd like to see it changed where you can earn RageXP when other people in your party land the killing blow (even if it's just 1 rageXP a kill) So it's not a completely loner adventure. Or increase the rageXP/kill based on your category level (minimum is category -1, or realXP from the kill, maximum would be category +1). As it stands you have a long grind for category 4!
Tel
Apprentice Scholar

Timezone: GMT-6

PostAuthor: g1asgow » Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:08 am

A 'training' CvC map...

...I was thinking of an area that could be used for military or others. One team could attack one defend...or some form of capture the flag. Perhaps a tunnel area underneath, with upper area...you get the idea.

Hunger Games?
g1asgow
Gold Lifer

Timezone: UK

PostAuthor: Aramithran » Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:04 pm

Aramithran wrote:Please create or promote more usage of locations/cultures/ideology inspired on Jew and Muslim (and others) culture similar to how other game-worlds do (Forgotten Realms, Planescape, Warcraft).

What the heck does this even mean?

Most fantasy literature and RP games, be it computer or PnP, have a foundation and resemblance with real life cultures. There are many quotable examples in these worlds, some very explicit like the Norse and Imperials from Skyrim (Nordic and Romans); Forgotten realms has Calimshan (some middle east), Maztica (Aztek empire) and others; Blizzard's Protoss have a heavy Indian influence while the Tauren are based on the Navajo; Tolkien borrowed many customs and race traits from his homeland and abroad military experience; the Hyborian Age has plenty of Africa and Asia; the list goes on and on.

Avlis has some of these flavors as well, the Romini and Kurathene Empire (Gypsies and Romans); Visimontium has a certain London vibe and M'chek is sometimes very U.S.A. (I think); Tyedu is very Norse and tribal, etc.

What I'd like to see is more of this (more cultures) and more impact of these flavors in plots.

Like umm.... this is kind of awkward... but I have not seen a single black character (black black, not "very tanned") in many many years. I once flirted with the idea of creating a sort of Muslim black guy (ala Robin Hood's Morgan Freeman) or even an Asian one but I found quite difficult to sustain a racial and cultural background with the current lore resources (and this is coming from me, a guy who loves to cheese for the sake of good stories). The closest I've seen to fully fill these kind of blanks were the cultural references from a Marriage Document by da Medican but these kind of materials are limited to IG books.

This is, of course, just my head speaking but I would like to see the exotic merchants in Mikona's port from all around the world. Or perhaps Donan Hul revealing that he trained under the tutelage of an ancient warrior from the forgotten island of Bao. Maybe the next trip of Shelly will encounter the mystics warriors of Pehuatl. I don't know.

I'm trying to mold a character with some Navajo and Caribbean traits (with a pinch of Kuras, go figure) and I'm enjoying the opportunity to explore exotic (or uncommon) cultural traits that the most known pantheon and geography can't quite fulfill. Tor Varson has also been very inspiring in this sort of stuff (and he has some Mexican influence too!), so I thought these kind of "alternative cultures" should not be too alternative and have more presence in the South Negaria environment.

I hope this heck of an answer clarifies my idea.
Aramithran
Scholar of Fools

PostAuthor: Jazz » Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:58 pm

Dear team, I hope you still draw inspiration from these posts :)

I have a simple and small suggestion: lower the level requirement for Jerto (the grown up one).
For example, my Level 13 PC can easily kill an M'Chekian Cave Bear (and get his heart), but is not high enough level to turn them in (I'm guessing it's capped at L15?).

A removal or lowing it to, say level 10, would be nice.

Cheers.
Jazz

Timezone: GMT +1/+2

PostAuthor: Gorgon » Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:40 am

Change the Underdark port to 5127 and M'Chek to 5128. The public servers don't need to go above 5129 now, and it will avoid a few problems with new (and older + new server address) player issues.

We'll have some people wondering why they don't work at the old 5130 and 5131 port numbers for a while (and their questions answered quickly), but there have been a few recent issues with the new Avlis IP and people not being able to connect over 5130 (mostly because of improperly configured firewall settings and so on, probably from miss-interpreted guides about setting them for NWN).
"God not only plays dice, he throws them in the corner where you can't see them."
-- Stephen William Hawking (b. 1942) --

Sprucing up ye olde NWN | Modifying nwn.ini and nwnplayer.ini | ~Rare Items Wanted~ | Stealth Modifiers
Gorgon
QA's 2nd|CCC Mobster
QA's 2nd|CCC Mobster

Timezone: PDT -7

PreviousNext

Return to The Avlis Project: Ask the Team