Mikona - (0)
Wilderness - (0)
Visimontium - (0)
Underdark - (0)
Total players: 2
Gallery

Links Menu

Player's idea box

Forum for posing direct questions to the Avlis Team. Purpose is to facilitate Team/Player communication.

Moderators: Nighthawk4, Dungeon Masters

Re: Player's idea box

PostAuthor: nwmblondy » Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:31 pm

Some may remember a couple of years ago on April the 1st there was a somewhat elaborate April Fools by Nob. (Found here <--)

Elaborate because although everyone thought it was a joke, it kind of wasn't. I have no idea how progress went but it seems it may have got put on the back burner or completely cancelled or whatever. My suggestion is just to revamp a very small part of it.

Nob wrote:Combat modes will be toggleable. You can just activate them and be done with it.

This would be an awesome change in itself and would save a lot of time / frustration / button bashing.

Of course if anyone wants to make the whole thing work, I'd be happy about too...
Bset typeer awayrd 07 and 08 and 09 2010 adn 2011
nwmblondy
Team Member; Retired with Honors

Timezone: GMT

PostAuthor: Gumble Tinkertumble » Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:17 am

Similar to the DM Titles thread, create a thread that covers all of the team. It would be a one stop shop to find out who to PM for specific questions on things like player housing, bugs, etc.

As the Avlis team are a volenteer group, we share the responsibilities of things that happen behind the curtain.
(Read this as, whoever is around and has time)

Bugs go on the bugtracker.
Player Housing is submitted via the playing housing inscructions on the wiki
Everything else can go to staff@avlis.org.

~Pleth
Gumble Tinkertumble
Sage

PostAuthor: Gorgon » Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:47 am

Make herbalism recyclables useable, and not just crafting materials.

*edits* Stackable would be nice too, but that is more than a scripting thing.
"God not only plays dice, he throws them in the corner where you can't see them."
-- Stephen William Hawking (b. 1942) --

Sprucing up ye olde NWN | Modifying nwn.ini and nwnplayer.ini | ~Rare Items Wanted~ | Stealth Modifiers
Gorgon
QA's 2nd|CCC Mobster
QA's 2nd|CCC Mobster

Timezone: PDT -7

PostAuthor: Manuel the White » Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:40 am

Ability to pay for inn rooms in advance. Lost a whole bunch of stuff while I took a break. * chest items go poof! *
ACTIVE CHARACTERS: Casey Landry, Jessie Morrice
SOMETIMES CHARACTERS: Silinde, Luthias
INACTIVE CHARACTERS: Manuel (the White) Thay't Le'Megen, Zven Reaplenoose, Drashter Volterz
Manuel the White

PostAuthor: galen_macbyrne » Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:24 am

Give stall renters at the Trade Fair the ability to customize the sign in front of their stall for the duration of their rental, since the summary at the entrance is not examinable all over the building. And, for those who go by a different name than their floaty....or want to show what the stall mostly contains.

ie: "Garthond's Goods"
Owner = Garthond of Clangeddin
Quality weapons, divine scrolls and wands)

I love this idea! Once next trade fair comes up on the radar, post again and we will see what we can do. -Micah
Galen
PC's:
Garthond Foehammer - Most Stereotyped PC, 2011 Irreverence Awards
Mirkduil Ellerentar - Guild Leader, ACE
Arglebargle Dinklehoffer - Red Order of the Flame
Slide Toefungus

galen_macbyrne
QA Tester
QA Tester

Timezone: US - Eastern

PostAuthor: Tel » Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:53 pm

Barbarian Rage has a duration slightly better than Perform. But with Perform you can take an epic feat and have it last basically forever. I know that it's a potent bonus (especially with the Rager system in place), but in a party dynamic even with three or four rages a day it becomes diluted by how long a player needs to go between rests, and the number of fights / expected "up" time for that goes down significantly. This also makes it very hard to level the BRS system coupled with the fact that you can only gain experience when your character lands a killing blow WHILE raging (pets, summons, and party members don't count).
Current Rage duration : 7 Rounds + (2 rounds if Greater Rage) + CON modifier + (BRS level)/5 ...
Greater Rage (30 Con, lv7 Rager) = 7 + 2 + 10 + 1 = 20 rounds or 2 minutes, with 4 uses a day
Rage (20 Con, lv3 Rager) = 7 + 5 = 12 rounds.... so just over a minute for a "lowbie" with only 1-2 uses a day

I would propose that we change the system, in one of a few different ways
Change the BRS Level / 5 rounds to BRS level / 5 turns.... this benefits only BRS-ragers who have invested a major amount of time into the system
Rage Duration : 7 rounds + (2 if greater rage) + CON modifier + (BRS level)/5 Turns
Greater Rage (30 con, lv7 rager) = 7 + 2 + 10 + 10 = 29, or just about 3 mintues
Rage (20 Con, Lv3 Rager) = 7 + 5 = 12 rounds

OR

Change the BRS Level / 5 rounds, to BRS Level * 2 rounds... This benefits BRS-ragers and gives a growing bonus as you level up, it makes a rather large benefit to lower rage levels when it doesn't last long / you can't support having nearly as many buffs and building the XP is the hardest
Rage Duration : 7 rounds + (2 if greater rage) + CON modifeir + (BRS level)*2
Greater Rage (30 con, lv7 Rager) = 7 + 2 + 10 + 14 = 33 so about 3 minutes
Rage (20 Con, Lv3 Rager) = 7 + 5 + 6 = 19 rounds or just about 2 minutes

OR

adjust it so Rager XP can be gained from any experience gain, other party member kills primary, quest/DM cookies given out while raging would be nice too but would make less sense

OR

make it so continuing to use your rage-style's item significantly increased the amount of Rager XP you gain. While this wouldn't help with the duration so much, it would limit the feeling that to progress as a rager you need to play alone and target only things which can be killed with great cleave.

I'm sure there are other options, but these came to mind while I was thinking about it. I don't want to say I feel the need to play him more alone than in a group, but to feel like I'm making progress in this aspect I can't really do it with a group. nobody wants to rest every 10 minutes if they can avoid it.

I have something akin to this written out on paper that I would love to see coded and put in. It's been a want for quite some time. I'm a little stuck on how to improve the Rager XP gain, cause most of the ways that I come up with are "exploitable". Weighing what amount of exploitableness is acceptable is tough. Even when done, though, gotta have somebody to code it, which for now I do not. - Micah
Tel
Apprentice Scholar

Timezone: GMT-6

PostAuthor: Tel » Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:43 pm

A few new pack-travels in Deglos
Minur Kazad to Nanshi Urbaz
Wayenblek to Nutz
Wayenblek to the Visimodium end of the Causeway

Let's do it. I need a bit of help, though. PM sent. - Micah
Tel
Apprentice Scholar

Timezone: GMT-6

PostAuthor: Sarmanos » Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:06 pm

Allow soft remorts to be possible rp or plot rewards where a PC is either allowed to level from one again, retain their 40 levels but allowed to change classes, feats, etc... while keeping all gear and gold so long as the new build would be reasonable rp-wise for that PC. I think letting this happen would do something to encourage people to play more who may not have the time or find it appealing to level an alt. while wanting something new in how they play their PC.
Vetinari: I have noted before that you have a definite anti-authoritarian streak, Commander.
Vimes: Sir?
Vetinari: You seem to have retained this even though you are Authority.
Vimes: Sir?
Vetinari: That's practically Zen.
Sarmanos

Timezone: GMT -5

PostAuthor: Sathsarrion » Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:19 am

Give psions the ability to swap places with their psychic clone. Maybe an effect similar to the Benign Transposition spell, but without the light show.
Sathsarrion
Sage

Timezone: GMT+10

PostAuthor: galen_macbyrne » Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:25 am

Allow items crafted on Avlis to be turned in for the appropriate # of tokens of the proper type, instead of capping at 10th level.
Galen
PC's:
Garthond Foehammer - Most Stereotyped PC, 2011 Irreverence Awards
Mirkduil Ellerentar - Guild Leader, ACE
Arglebargle Dinklehoffer - Red Order of the Flame
Slide Toefungus

galen_macbyrne
QA Tester
QA Tester

Timezone: US - Eastern

PostAuthor: rk57957 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:05 am

This has probably been posted before but a system for players to edit either the name of something or the description of something (various merchants and sewing machines do this for some items but not all).
rk57957
Scholar

Timezone: CST

PostAuthor: Baron Rosencheckl » Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:06 am

Add a donation box near the orphanage door in the new Temple of Dra'nar in elysia,.
player of Saman Tane
Fatespinner
Steelcaster of Dra'nar
Baron Rosencheckl
Prince of Bloated Discourse

PostAuthor: rk57957 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:52 pm

An NPC in the start tent to eat old characters you won't play. I've got a lot of alts I've monkeyed with over the years and all of them are getting xp but I'll never play em, I'd like to be able to delete them.
rk57957
Scholar

Timezone: CST

PostAuthor: Thelo » Wed May 01, 2013 10:21 pm

Make a list of all p-merchants and a rough description where to find them. Would this be too FOIG?
Thelo
Scholar of Fools

PostAuthor: Gumble Tinkertumble » Thu May 02, 2013 10:40 am

Similar to the rage XP system, allow a system for casters to 'learn' how to cast while shifted into appropriate forms. Appropriate being anything that can speak and make use of arms/forelimbs while casting (trolls, fairies, vampires, weres, etc.).

Two ways of doing it could be...
1) Each level of the skill would grant the ability to cast spells of that level while shifted. Logical maximum would be 9 levels.
2) Each caster starts with a base percentage failure rate, which reduces by x amount with each level gained in the skill. For example, with a base failure rate of 80%, each level could reduce it by 2% for a maximum of 40 levels.

Just an idea!

-...and a good one. Unfortunately NWN1 engine doesn't let polymorphed characters cast at all. That's hard coded, which is lame.
Gumble Tinkertumble
Sage

PostAuthor: Brayon » Thu May 09, 2013 9:32 am

Update the Housing Scripts in the Player Housing Script erf that players download to use. We found out last night 5/9/13 on IRC that the pack is very outdated with non-functioning scripts. See below for the date the pack was created.

Scripts available for for use in player housing on Avlis.

Created by
- CPU
- November 25, 2005

Pleth is the Best!
AJ is Arcadia's Brother

Dear whoever is reading this.
You're beautiful, and someone out there is crazy about you.
So smile.
Life is too short to be unhappy.
Brayon

Timezone: GMT -5

PostAuthor: Gumble Tinkertumble » Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:48 am

Add a phpbb mobile theme to the forums.
Gumble Tinkertumble
Sage

PostAuthor: Gumble Tinkertumble » Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:50 pm

Make summons immune to the psychological effects of a PC shifting due to lycanthropy.

1) Familiars and companions share a deep connection with the summoner. Even if they are surprised and/or disgusted by the sudden transformation the first few times, they would get used to it.
2) Regular summons also share a deep connection with the summoner. The caster has literally pulled them from their home and commanded them through force of will to do his or her bidding.

Similar to that, why would undead summons even care?

Good points. Drop this as a feature request/bug fix in the bug tracker.
Gumble Tinkertumble
Sage

PostAuthor: Gumble Tinkertumble » Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:50 pm

If possible, make it so that feats can be activated using the command line. In combination with emotes would be awesome too.
Gumble Tinkertumble
Sage

PostAuthor: Gumble Tinkertumble » Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:56 am

When you get cursed with Lycanthropy, you know it is the full moon as you change during the full moon.

All well and good. However, when you are a true lycanthrope, you do not have that 'luxury'.

For RP purposes and to help everyone, it would be great if there was a message in the combat window when there is a full moon.
Gumble Tinkertumble
Sage

PostAuthor: Robo-Gorethar » Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:12 am

Gumble Tinkertumble wrote:When you get cursed with Lycanthropy, you know it is the full moon as you change during the full moon.

All well and good. However, when you are a true lycanthrope, you do not have that 'luxury'.

For RP purposes and to help everyone, it would be great if there was a message in the combat window when there is a full moon.

Day 15 of every month is the Full Moon. Just hover over the compass and you'll know!

Just remember, Gorethar does not approve of Lycanthropy. :glaskugel:
Robo-Gorethar

PostAuthor: Frannie Mouze » Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:51 pm

What about a persuade option for the Deglos caravans, akin to portal and boat discounts?
Frannie Mouze
Prince of Bloated Discourse

Timezone: -8/-7

PostAuthor: Gumble Tinkertumble » Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:11 pm

Create a cargo delivery system using ships and carts.

So, you have a big load of ore/metal/bows/healing kits, etc. and speak to someone official looking. Then you place your cargo into a chest and the official gives you a chit/document/certificate, which you can then exchange for your cargo the other end of the journey.

This would solve a lot of the problems with carrying ridiculously large amounts of heavy materials over long distances and avoids the need to 'cheat' by server hopping.
Gumble Tinkertumble
Sage

PostAuthor: Filch » Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:32 pm

Druids are such a fun class and an important part of the Avlis backstory and current history, but at the moment they aren't very party-friendly for non-druids. I really think a few very modest tweaks would go a long way.

Shillelagh as an alternative form of GMW would be a great addition to druid spells, even if it only worked on unenchanted staves or clubs and were on the caster's hide (or some other way to make it self-only). As it is, I don't think druids can reach even +3 penetration until level 16 or 17.

Another great boost would be an alternative Flame Weapon or Darkfire with the same self-only restrictions that added piercing damage - to represent thorns growing on the item.

And, of course, the level 2 ability buffs named after animals. Or even just Cat's Grace and Owl's Wisdom.

I think about ways to tweak druids every day. I'm on board with ideas like these in one form or another. Adding spells is a PITA, but modifying existing spells is much less so. I'll think on it, and welcome more ideas.

Filch
Knight of Useless Drivel

PostAuthor: Aramithran » Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:05 pm

Design quick cheat-sheets or infographics for the most common problems/fix/etiquette for noobs (and not so noobs) and put them on a "noob visibility spot".

Design a quick cheat-sheet or infographic with the top reasons about why Avlis is awesome and post them on various sites (with the appropriate target-market of course).
Aramithran
Scholar of Fools

Timezone: CDT

PreviousNext

Return to The Avlis Project: Ask the Team