Total players: 5
Gallery
  • Ferrell - DM Field Day
    Album name: DM Events
    Uploaded by: Hamlet
    Uploaded: Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:39 am

Links Menu

Player's idea box

Forum for posing direct questions to the Avlis Team. Purpose is to facilitate Team/Player communication.

Moderators: Nighthawk4, Dungeon Masters

Re: Player's idea box

PostAuthor: Gumble Tinkertumble » Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:10 pm

Put a GMT clock on the forums, Wiki and in game. That way everyone will be on the same time with regards to the game, making scheduling things a doddle. No adjustments for timezone or DST necessary.
Gumble Tinkertumble
Sage

Timezone: GMT

PostAuthor: Brayon » Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:40 am

If it is possible, have a system setup to randomize the NPC at the Forian Shrine in the Ferrell ROTE Basement. :-)

Forian FTW 42

Pleth is the Best!
AJ is Arcadia's Brother

Dear whoever is reading this.
You're beautiful, and someone out there is crazy about you.
So smile.
Life is too short to be unhappy.
Brayon
Team Member; Retired with Honors

Timezone: GMT -5

PostAuthor: Oxyne » Sat May 05, 2012 1:27 am

Add +1 to Greater Magic Weapon starting bonus (making it 1 + 1/5 lvl). The way it is now, it gives the same bonus of Magic Weapon if cast by a mage from level 5 to 9. Help the low level mages, please!
Oxyne
Whiney Peasant

Timezone: GMT -3

PostAuthor: Drysh » Tue May 08, 2012 2:40 pm

Limit the XP you receive for not playing to 1000xp/level (everytime you log in). Or, open a dialog and let the player refuse it.

It is nice to have chars level up when you are developing them but don't have enough time to play. But it isn't when you created a char to play with some low level, never developed him, wanted to keep him around because he has a nice concept that some day you want to explore, but can't because now he is a 15th level char with 1st level background, connections and equipment (it was a long looong time without playing him). This is just the radical example; I have 3 other chars in that situation. Even without time to play, everyone can enter the game for 5 mins once a month to get the xp.
Cheers.
Drysh
Apprentice Scholar

PostAuthor: Oxyne » Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:00 pm

Add an option to the dialog that controls summons and the psionic clone AI saying: "Avoid melee combat" or "Don't engage melee". It should make the creature use only spells or ranged weapons (if available) , and not run towards the enemies.

The option "Protect me and don't attack until I do" isn't the same thing. I want my summons and clone to attack, but not with melee weapons.

--edit--
Elaborating on this idea...
Add roles for summons and clones:
1. Melee Warrior: attacks on melee, chasing the creatures.
2. Defender: attacks (with melee or ranged), but never moves away from the master.
3. Sniper/Caster: attacks with ranged weapons or spells, trying to stay away from the enemies.
4. Supporter: use healing kits and healing magic when needed; attacks if there's no one to be healed or if is out of healing kits/spells.

This could be set on NPCs as well, creating more interesting strategies for the creatures.
Oxyne
Whiney Peasant

PostAuthor: Oxyne » Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:32 pm

Create a shortcut "/sbl spellbook_name" instead of having to type "/spellbook load wizard spell_book_name". The save option doesn't have to be changed, but typing all that is hard when you use it a lot. The spellbook could have the type of spellbook saved with it's contents instead of having to tell the system when you load the spellbook. For instance:
/spellbook save wizard normal all -- save a spellbook of all wizard spells of all levels.
/spellbook save cleric craft all
/sbl normal -- loads the first spellbook, setting all wizard spells, but not other classes.
/sbl craft -- loads the second spellbook, setting cleric spells, but not other classes.

---

Add an option to delete all spellbooks: "/spellbook clear_all". If you try to delete a spellbook, but makes a mistake, the system may delete part of the list name, making a mess. Right now Dallia has a speelbook named "normalregulartravelcraft" that cannot be deleted. It would be great if I could reset the system and start over.
Oxyne
Whiney Peasant

PostAuthor: Tel » Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:45 pm

I haven't had reason to buy one, but as I remember the "Masterwork" quality wands share the same name, icon and description as their normally purchasable counterparts. It would be nice if there was something easily distinguishable about them, especially considering the price of the Ivory/Gold versions!

I'm fairly sure this is working it's way through the CCC/QA system as we speak. ref
Tel
Apprentice Scholar

Timezone: GMT-6

PostAuthor: Kappa » Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:08 am

Multiple keys/possible sharing for inn rooms! Sometimes people not rich enough for houses want to be roommates too!

This was implemented once upon a time, but unfortunately inn room sharing had to be removed because of huge issues it was causing (i.e. mass inn room storage deletions...). We may be able to look into adding it back. -Max
Characters: Cypress K. Starlight, Tshilaba Vonte, Muck Snakebite

"'YOU SUMMONED THE BEAR! I TOLD YOU NOT TO BE UNCONSCIOUS!"
--Cypress K. Starlight
Kappa
Squire of Babble

Timezone: GMT -4

PostAuthor: Oxyne » Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:36 pm

I've heard rumors of the mage robes being redesigned. Please, use the mage robe model or the sleeveless mage robe model for them.

They look much better than what we have now and it would be great if they could be used by the majority of the mages, instead of only a few.
Oxyne
Whiney Peasant

PostAuthor: Tel » Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:41 pm

Subject: What would your Player Character do with 10 million gold?

Vichan Lyonsen wrote:The hardest part of having a ton of gold and building PH is holding onto it long enough to pay for your PH, it spends much too easy to have to sit on a huge sum

I know Arkaz and Hala both have In-Game banks for players. While I don't think we need interest bearing accounts, it might help some PC's if they could leave a portion of their gold somewhere so it doesn't get spent "frivolously" when trying to save up for something.

Also: no stealing from the bank!

Piggybanks have been an available part of Player Housing for several years now. - PJ

--EDIT: I was thinking something more general, than requiring a player to build Player Housing not every PC wants/needs/"can afford" it. The Banks on Hala & Arkaz are independent of player housing.
Last edited by Tel on Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tel
Apprentice Scholar

Timezone: GMT-6

PostAuthor: Blizzow » Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:06 am

PC trophy tokens!
Just a flavor item that drops when you kill a PC; a pointy ear for an elf, a severed beard for a dwarf, a blood ruby for Kassha...

<3
Blizzow
Scholar of Fools

Timezone: -7 GMT (PDT)

PostAuthor: Gumble Tinkertumble » Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:48 am

I feel sorry for those poor guards. Standing there day and night, come rain or shine.

Could it be scripted so that the guards in the various cities and keeps change periodically? It would be great to see the changing of the guard, or to see the Nightwatch prowling the streets with their M'Chekian Lanterns held high.
Gumble Tinkertumble
Sage

PostAuthor: Gumble Tinkertumble » Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:24 am

Minor inconvenience, but... when issuing CTS commands while in stealth mode, can the companion be able to hear please? It breaks immersion with certain CTS commands of the stealthy variety if your character has to break stealth, issue a stealth command and then enter stealth mode again. More to the point, I think it may even make said stealth commands pretty useless in some cases!

Engine issue. Take it up with Bioware. - PJ
Gumble Tinkertumble
Sage

PostAuthor: Gumble Tinkertumble » Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:49 am

Give flying creatures an ability similar to dimension door, to represent being able to fly high and land somewhere else. Probably a tall order, but would apply to anything that flies, whether NPC or PC (shifted, changeling, etc.).

this code is actually out there in a module, somewhere on the vault, but everytime I think about porting it, I end up shuffling it to the bottom of my pile - Micah
Gumble Tinkertumble
Sage

PostAuthor: Ronan » Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:10 am

It would be nice to have a 'use special power self only' on the inn room keys without room numbers written on them so that, when the power is used, will send a private yellow-text message to the player letting them know which inn room it opens.
When I say it's you I like, I'm talking about that part of you that knows that life is far more than anything you can ever see or hear or touch. That deep part of you that allows you to stand for those things without which humankind cannot survive.
Ronan
CCC, Elder DM , RPotY 2014
CCC,  Elder DM , RPotY 2014

DM Avatar: Wilsash

PostAuthor: Isadora » Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:50 pm

Maybe it's hard coded but is there any way a team monkey can make it so that player-set traps show how much damage they do when they go off? You know, like how spells and swords and everything else that does damage works? Or would it not be possible because Traps don't really have a PC origin?
~:Flowera Jooscia:~
*:Selle Galleaf:*
#:Isadora Arnemeigne:#
"Kingsley's Ho: Because my baby is going to be a wizard and portal rides to Visimontium ain't free"
Isadora
Scholar

PostAuthor: Thelo » Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:36 pm

- Allow to cast greater magic weapon on bows
- Allow keen and flame weapon to be cast on arrows (flame arrow would be something like darkfire for normal weapons then)

- Make the vampire fang usable on monk gloves and on arrows :)
Thelo
Scholar of Fools

PostAuthor: Manuel the White » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:58 pm

The changing of the following commands:

/ams psi augment on # Turns augmentation on
/ams psi augment off # Turns augmentation off

to be in-line with the way the other metamagic functions work:

/ams psi meta extend # Toggles extend between on and off
/ams psi meta empower # Toggles empower between on and off
/ams psi meta maximize # Toggles maximize between on and off

e.g.:
/ams psi augment # Toggles augmentation between on and off

This would provide the ability to quickslot the augmentation toggle via a single custom macro and/or reduces typing, copying/pasting.
ACTIVE CHARACTERS: Casey Landry, Jessie Morrice
SOMETIMES CHARACTERS: Silinde, Luthias
INACTIVE CHARACTERS: Manuel (the White) Thay't Le'Megen, Zven Reaplenoose, Drashter Volterz
Manuel the White
Team Member; Retired with Honors

PostAuthor: Darkfire » Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:28 am

I think it would be very neat to have an additional set of skills. It's been discussed before if my mind serves me correctly, but is all the hard work really worth the trouble? Well, that's where my possible solution comes in! Rather than implementing additional skills to the current selectable skills just add a feature on the crafting menu that stores some of the 'new skills' in them for people to use in RP. They wouldn't actually be real skills under the Skills section of the Character Sheet, but listed in the crafting menu.

With a good system to keep it fair and balanced to the other skills, it could be pretty neat! Stuff to be discussed would be like what the base cap of ranks would be for each skill, if DM rewards can give additional skill points to use, synergies to use (if any! Example: +0.5 points to Sense Motive, Forgery, etc. per rank in Bluff), what skills to include, etc.

<Darkfire> we need a sense motive skill
<Darkfire> >_>
<PsiGamma> Indeed
<PsiGamma> It is technically possible to implement new skills
<Darkfire> Perhaps
<Darkfire> we could do something like a social skill
<Darkfire> independent of normal ones
<Darkfire> for things like that
<Darkfire> instead of implementing new skills that are taken like a normal one, which would have issues of integrating/previously leveled people/etc
<Darkfire> Give X amount per level, so if you've already had your level you can still select them retro
<Darkfire> Escape artist, sleight of hand, decipher script, forgery, knowledge, sense motive, diplomacy, gather information
<Darkfire> (not that those are all social)
<Darkfire> But those would be relatively useful in RP, etc.
<Darkfire> and have it where DMs can reward points as well, up to X amount of level .. (like 40 points max base, with a <Character Level> bonus cap from rewards)
<Darkfire> Only good for doing rolls, nothing more
<Darkfire> cap it just like a normal skill
<Darkfire> give it bonuses based on abilities
<Darkfire> and synergies

It has potential I think! I don't think it would be very hard either to code. I'm not sure about implementing and adding to the crafting menu skill... but really, from my memory of scripting (which is dated!) it seems simple.

Anyways, let me know what you think :)
CoEMF :devil: :feuer:
WrathOG777: This is a roleplaying game. There is no such thing as winning or losing. Only playing.
Player of Dameon Nepirtas
Darkfire
Major DM
Major DM

Timezone: CST (-5 GMT)

PostAuthor: Cameron Klym » Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:55 am

How about making spears so that one can use either one or two hands with it ...like the trident..except that its a spear..so it has spear stats. May make the spear more useful and more popular.

Cameron Klym
Roleplayer of the Year 2015

Timezone: -0700 GMT

PostAuthor: Thelo » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:07 pm

Maybe enable in the psionics menu (where you can toggle e.g. dimension door) to switch on an "extend" option for extending psionic buffs like with the mediation crystal: duration doubled for 2x the amount of PSP used. I dont think it would be overpowered in any way, as it costs the same as using 2 times the original power, so the only gain would be, that one doesent need to rebuff e.g. haste all the time. So its more a comfort thing :)
Thelo
Scholar of Fools

PostAuthor: rk57957 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:14 am

Make meta magic rods wieldable because that would be cool.
rk57957
Scholar

Timezone: CST

PostAuthor: Mayzen » Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:46 pm

I'm sure that this has been mentioned before, but making ALL gems veins crackable (like fluorospar and amethyst) would greatly help the whole cherry-picking issue that crops up time and again. Or -- just put gems on a random spawn script that wipes out existing veins and replaces them at specific times (would probably be even better).

Mayzen
Whiney Peasant

PostAuthor: Mayzen » Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:52 pm

It would be great if there was some kind of "freshness" indicator on p-merchants, to let you know you are visiting a derelict store. Something like 90% of the stores I run into fit into this category.

If the owner/manager of the store hasn't logged in over 6 months the store could be flagged (maybe just a statement in the dialog: "This store is not maintained". If they haven't logged in in over 9 months (or whatever) You could automatically close the shop down (you could have players register with an email address, so they could be warned when this is going to happen to give them a chance to get involved again).

You could even create a db table or something to dump the $ into if they have any cash tied up into the store, so if they come back 2 years later, they could get the cash back some way.... (really, if you think about it, how long can a store last with no profits and no management?)

The team has had many discussions over the years on the problem of derelict merchants (the death row in Zvidureth being a particular problem), but nobody has come up with a satisfying solution that's both fair for all and minimally resource intensive. You do offer a few interesting ideas for consideration though that at least I haven't seen brought up before. -Zonr_0

Mayzen
Whiney Peasant

PostAuthor: Zerub » Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:38 pm

Take the gem drops out of spawns. All this does is make it to where gem cutters are basically worthless. There is no incentive to mine gems when drops are so prevalent in a few places.

I think it would be nice to take out the gem drops, or at least take Emeralds, Rubies and Diamonds out of them and then put in more gem veins of those types around to mine.

Thanks.
Scott

Zerub
Apprentice Scholar

Timezone: utc -6

PreviousNext

Return to The Avlis Project: Ask the Team