Deglos - (0)
Visimontium - (0)
Underdark - (0)
Mikona - (0)
Total players: 7
Gallery

Links Menu

Player's idea box

Forum for posing direct questions to the Avlis Team. Purpose is to facilitate Team/Player communication.

Moderators: Nighthawk4, Dungeon Masters

Re: Player's idea box

PostAuthor: galen_macbyrne » Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:54 am

The Epic Shadowlord feat changes an SD's shadow companion in several ways, but it is not the equivalent to the epic spell summons like the mummy dust lord or dragon knight. Many feats it has do not make sense - it is supposed to be a fighter of level = to (SD summoner level-1), so it has the three feats for armor proficiency (light, medium, heavy) for armor it doesn't have or wear, it has Shield Proficiency without having or using a shield, feats for weapons it doesn't have or use (Martial, Simple, Weapon Focus (longsword), Weapon Specialization (longsword), Improved Crit (longsword). No way for the summoner to give it equipment unlike say a pack bear. It does have Weapon Proficiency (creature) and uses that to make unarmed attacks. This is all at the initial SD level 13 minimum. It probably gets even worse as you add more levels and feats that don't work.

Yes, it was altered way back when to mirror the appearance of the summoner, not be standard human size. Note that my SD is of small size, so I doubt if it could even use the longsword and shield if it had them. I sure can't so it can't mirror me.

Could the Epic Shadowlord's feats be changed to be more workable, maybe mirror its summoner's feats and fighting style? Maybe you can pre-set preferences for one of several Shadowlords with slightly different feat sets, one that uses two short weapons, one that uses weapon and shield, one that uses polearm/doublehanded? That way you can still summon the Shadowlord in combat, which you couldn't do if you had to use a convo.

Maybe give it the equivalent creature feats for creature weapons instead of longsword ones; give it Armor Skin feat instead of armor, bump up its concealment % by 5 or 10% or add some Damage Reduction instead of a shield. Even if you gave it inventory and equipment slots, anything its summoner gave it would be lost in a server crash.

After all, its an Epic Feat being spent on this, its supposed to be powerful. The Mummy Dust and Dragon Knight summons are pretty uber by comparison, and much better built to use the feats they have.
Galen
PC's:
Garthond Foehammer - Most Stereotyped PC, 2011 Irreverence Awards
Mirkduil Ellerentar - Guild Leader, ACE
Arglebargle Dinklehoffer - Red Order of the Flame
Slide Toefungus

galen_macbyrne
QA Tester
QA Tester

Timezone: US - Eastern

PostAuthor: Jazz » Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:49 pm

Make Adhesives (for wood, carpentry) come in bulk & stackable, like you can buy sugar. I just wanted to buy 900 (yes, you need that many to gain a level at low level carpentry). That would mean 1800 mouseclicks and getting my mousecursor back to the same item again and again. Surely this was not the intent of the Adhesives (which are just a gold sink). Luckily for me the adhesives didn't stack :lol:
Jazz
Major DM
Major DM

Timezone: GMT +1/+2
DM Avatar: Gorethar

PostAuthor: Jazz » Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:18 am

Yesterday I was guiding a brand new player around the lowbie quests at Summerleaf. There's a farm quest there (similar to the ones in Elysia) where you also have to kill ants (instead of rats). The ants don't spawn, just like the rats don't spawn in Elysia, so you cannot complete this quest and it leaves the (new) player with a PC full of wheat it cannot easily get rid of. This is not a good experience if you just started playing on Avlis. Several bug reports have been filed over the last years, but are still open.
Jazz
Major DM
Major DM

Timezone: GMT +1/+2
DM Avatar: Gorethar

PostAuthor: GrimlyAxefingler » Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:37 am

Pray to specific deity - all classes unlimited times per day
50% chance favour/disfavour
success=bonus ab/ac/saves
failure=curse
duration 24 hrs
could be put on the special functions menu
GrimlyAxefingler
CCC
CCC

Timezone: EST

PostAuthor: GrimlyAxefingler » Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:06 pm

A book learning skill.
Creation of an item that targets a book, checks its toolset gp value, then starts the read action, length dependent on gp value, and then rewards an amount of book learning xp, also dependant on gp value. Thus destroying the book.

Rewards could possibly include an overall bonus to crafting xp/success rate upon reaching various "Learned Scholar" ranks.
GrimlyAxefingler
CCC
CCC

PostAuthor: GrimlyAxefingler » Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:21 pm

GrimlyAxefingler wrote:A book learning skill.
Creation of an item that targets a book, checks its toolset gp value, then starts the read action, length dependent on gp value, and then rewards an amount of book learning xp, also dependant on gp value. Thus destroying the book.

Rewards could possibly include an overall bonus to crafting xp/success rate upon reaching various "Learned Scholar" ranks.

Such a great idea, that it already exists apparently, i just have to find it.
GrimlyAxefingler
CCC
CCC

PostAuthor: Katroine » Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:37 pm

I would love to see something coded into the ATU that would only allow someone to leave with 10 books per week.
Nothing worse than seeing the whole place looted and knowing we had a reset not long ago.
Katroine
Team Member; Retired with Honors

Timezone: Mountain

PostAuthor: gutemensch » Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:21 pm

Katroine wrote:I would love to see something coded into the ATU that would only allow someone to leave with 10 books per week.
Nothing worse than seeing the whole place looted and knowing we had a reset not long ago.

rescript the shelves to spawn more than once on reset.
Nawen Wiki | Loash Leheven Wiki | Paradise Boutique and Emporium Wiki | FRAwen Wiki

2016 winner of The Micah Ormane Prize for Narcissism
gutemensch
Senior Assist DM
Senior Assist DM

Timezone: -6
DM Avatar: Mishlekh

PostAuthor: Sarmanos » Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:01 am

When navigating the EP Storage menus could a "Are you sure?" warning confirmation be added to Take 50, Take 100, and Take All? Having the "add items from my bag to the chest" option right below those respective choices has led to a number of accidental clicks with taking items when I meant to quickly add them to the storage container, and I would venture not just for me over the years.
Vetinari: I have noted before that you have a definite anti-authoritarian streak, Commander.
Vimes: Sir?
Vetinari: You seem to have retained this even though you are Authority.
Vimes: Sir?
Vetinari: That's practically Zen.
Sarmanos

Timezone: GMT -5

PostAuthor: Auriane » Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:17 pm

*laughs as she picks up another 100 mithril*
Player of Glorandrea Aersinith
Abatha RubyShields
Giacona
Auriane
Scholar of Fools

Timezone: pacific

PostAuthor: ArgentDuergar » Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:44 am

Alternate Combat Animations could be a pretty cool way of adding (yet another) layer of character customizations between the various characters, assuming it works with the other Avlis systems: https://neverwintervault.org/project/nw ... ck-acp-v40
Magus Gorstag Tessele of the Blue Order of the Sky, and withal Transmuter, Conjurer, Diviner and Abjurer of Vorin.
(click here to read his diary)
ArgentDuergar
Lord of Blithering Idiots

Timezone: CEST

PostAuthor: Commander Morgan » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:31 am

How about adding an AFK sort of flag in the /who list, similar to the green LFP indicator for when players are well,away from the keyboard, for example when crafting 50 Goretharium longsword?

Mainly to stop folk like ame looking rude when crafting and having ignored tells from other players. :)

Commander Morgan
Scholar of Fools

PostAuthor: ArgentDuergar » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:52 pm

A command to speed up the bleeding phase when you're dropped and just die already :mrgreen:
Magus Gorstag Tessele of the Blue Order of the Sky, and withal Transmuter, Conjurer, Diviner and Abjurer of Vorin.
ArgentDuergar

PostAuthor: Korennya » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:48 pm

ArgentDuergar wrote:A command to speed up the bleeding phase when you're dropped and just die already :mrgreen:

Except that every round there's a chance you'll recover on your own and bleeding will reverse, giving you a chance to get away or drink a heal pot fast and not reorganize your inventory
Korennya
CCC
CCC

PostAuthor: ArgentDuergar » Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:14 pm

I've seen way more scorpions around than centipedes, yet you can craft centipede poison but not scorpion's. Wouldn't it be nice to have it added to alchemy?
ArgentDuergar

PostAuthor: ArgentDuergar » Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:16 pm

Considering they're likely already unique items due to only working on a single door each, inn room keys should have the room number in their name instead of simply being "A Room Key".
ArgentDuergar

PostAuthor: slow feet » Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:39 pm

ArgentDuergar wrote:Considering they're likely already unique items due to only working on a single door each, inn room keys should have the room number in their name instead of simply being "A Room Key".

Or have a special function that tells you what room they are for, like fed ex quest items tell you who you need to take the item to. (I'd rather have the room number as well :-) )
Oldgreyman: Vlad Killix, Kimli Cooper and many others

slow feet
Knight of Useless Drivel

Timezone: MST

PostAuthor: ArgentDuergar » Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:22 pm

slow feet wrote:
ArgentDuergar wrote:Considering they're likely already unique items due to only working on a single door each, inn room keys should have the room number in their name instead of simply being "A Room Key".

Or have a special function that tells you what room they are for, like fed ex quest items tell you who you need to take the item to. (I'd rather have the room number as well :-) )

It's probably easier to implement than a script on each item, too.
ArgentDuergar

PostAuthor: GunnJ » Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:31 pm

Not to interrupt the idea box, but is there still that bug that if you have multiple rooms at a generic inn, the code barfs and locks you out of all the rooms but one? :cry:
“If you can’t take the heat, don’t tickle the dragon.”
GunnJ
CCC
CCC

PostAuthor: ArgentDuergar » Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:25 pm

GunnJ wrote:Not to interrupt the idea box, but is there still that bug that if you have multiple rooms at a generic inn, the code barfs and locks you out of all the rooms but one? :cry:

Most likely not, as I've had 2/3 inn rooms for most of my time around here. :wink:
ArgentDuergar

PostAuthor: jwhite5730 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:00 pm

Is there any reason why Player character journal have to be IC, I mean a lot more people may write a journal if it is OOC ....I don't see the need for IC player journals...
jwhite5730

PostAuthor: jwhite5730 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:25 pm

could we perty please see about implanting this....its holdable flowers and bouquets.....

...https://neverwintervault.org/project/nw ... lower-cart
jwhite5730

PostAuthor: Katroine » Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:30 pm

I think the prostitutes in Mikona docks should also ask female PCs if they like the view.
Equal opportunity whoring, please.
Katroine

Timezone: Mountain

PostAuthor: Ghostie » Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:47 pm

Katroine wrote:I think the prostitutes in Mikona docks should also ask female PCs if they like the view.
Equal opportunity whoring, please.

This is the best post in here ever.

+1
Your password must contain at least 8 letters, a capital, a plot, a protagonist with good character development, a twist, and a happy ending.
Ghostie

Timezone: UTC +2, CEST

PostAuthor: Korennya » Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:51 pm

Maybe they should have a few responses.. a nice, "hey tramp, this is my corner." could be fitting as well
Korennya
CCC
CCC

PreviousNext

Return to The Avlis Project: Ask the Team