Deglos - (0)
Visimontium - (0)
Underdark - (0)
Mikona - (0)
Total players: 6
Gallery

Links Menu

merchants in Le'Or

Forum for posing direct questions to the Avlis Team. Purpose is to facilitate Team/Player communication.

Moderators: Nighthawk4, Dungeon Masters

merchants in Le'Or

PostAuthor: Quiz001 » Mon Apr 19, 2004 2:29 am

The last few times I've been to the market in Le'Or, the merchants there won't buy most of the stuff I try to sell - I get a yellow 'wont buy items of this type' sort of message. Is this intentional? as it's a pain if you have a lot of bits and pieces to get rid of. I ended up lugging the stuff back to Elysia to sell it.

Thx
THIS IS NOT A FREE HAIRCUT

Quiz001
Scholar of Fools

PostAuthor: Deider » Mon Apr 19, 2004 2:38 am

It's intentional, and it's IC. The tailor won't buy your swords anymore, and the bladesellers won't buy your druid of verossa robes or whatnot. Why would the wine merchant want to buy your shield? There are still some 'general' merchants that will buy most anything, though.
Deider
Uber Posting Whor3

Timezone: GMT -8

PostAuthor: Quiz001 » Mon Apr 19, 2004 12:31 pm

Ahhh... thanks for the clarification

*wanders off grumbling about only ever picking up gold again, what's the world coming to, when he was a lad he could sell a shovel to a fishmonger, etc... etc... etc...*
THIS IS NOT A FREE HAIRCUT

Quiz001
Scholar of Fools

PostAuthor: Aloro » Mon Apr 19, 2004 7:57 pm

There's a note about this in the World Development post, a few weeks back.

In short, merchants now only buy things that they need. They tend to give better prices though, assuming you find the right person to sell things to. You'll also note that most merchants won't identify items anymore, and those that do have varying prices.

- Aloro
Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn wrote:The meaning of earthly existence lies, not as we have grown used to thinking, in prosperity, but in the development of the soul.
Aloro
Team Member; Retired with Honors

Return to The Avlis Project: Ask the Team