Total players: 7
Gallery
  • Emerald Grove at Night
    Album name: DM Events
    Uploaded by: Ronan
    Uploaded: Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:33 am

Links Menu

Disarm feat

Forum for posing direct questions to the Avlis Team. Purpose is to facilitate Team/Player communication.

Moderators: Nighthawk4, Dungeon Masters

Disarm feat

PostAuthor: Fire Monkey » Fri Apr 16, 2004 7:53 pm

Many NPC's in the game are flagged so that they are not disarmable. This means that even on a succesful disarm hit nothing happens to them. I have no problem with them not dropping their weapons on the floor but they should at least put them away and not use them again to simulate dropping them. I find it extremely annoying to get a good disarm hit on a tough npc only to find they are still smacking me with their sword because they are not flagged as disarmable.

I do not have definitive list of the npc's in question (though i am sure one could be created if needs be) and I understand that it probably isn't worth the teams time to fix this issue on the hundreds of NPC's for a relatively minor bug. However, could you at least make sure that all future NPC's that you create are disarmable? (unless of course there is a good reason why they shouln't be).
Fire Monkey
Master Sage

PostAuthor: KTA » Fri Apr 16, 2004 8:09 pm

A good thought! I made the same experiences and over all I want to know if it is a wanted effect or just because in the toolset disarmable is not selected by default.

KTA
KTA
Scholar of Fools

PostAuthor: Nob » Fri Apr 16, 2004 8:10 pm

Most of the undisarmble NPC's are stock bioware palette ones with some notable exceptions.

More recent Avlis ones ARE made to be disarmable.(See Sereg for example)
"Andrinor grant me the patience not to kill those who screw things up through stupidity, the power to incinerate those who screw things up on purpose, and the wisdom to distinguish between one and the other." -The War Mage's Serenity Prayer
Nob
Elder DM
Elder DM

DM Avatar: Dead but still a Dreamer

PostAuthor: Fire Monkey » Fri Apr 16, 2004 8:22 pm

OK I don't make a habit of trying to find or disarm Sereg so I wouldn't know. However, there are ceratinly stock bioware ones that are disarmable (e.g. dwarfmercs of many different shapes and sizes) and custom avlis ones e.g. M'Chek Special Forces and I think Agents that aren't. I find the latter one particularly annoying as the Agents are so damned keen on disarming themselves, being able to do it right back to them just seems good manners to me.
Fire Monkey
Master Sage

PostAuthor: KTA » Fri Apr 16, 2004 8:23 pm

Fire Monkey wrote:I find the latter one particularly annoying as the Agents are so damned keen on disarming themselves, being able to do it right back to them just seems good manners to me.

Indeed! :D

KTA
KTA
Scholar of Fools

PostAuthor: Deider » Fri Apr 16, 2004 8:34 pm

I've been meaning to do this in the Wilderness for some time now, but I've been busy with... 'other stuff.' It's on my list, along with half a dozen other things...
Deider
Uber Posting Whor3

Timezone: GMT -8

PostAuthor: Fire Monkey » Fri Apr 16, 2004 9:36 pm

Ok thanks Deider, thats all I wanted to know. I shall wait and the meantime Del can practice his disarming a little more :wink: .
Fire Monkey
Master Sage

PostAuthor: Scurvy_Platypus » Fri Apr 16, 2004 11:24 pm

Not very Special Forces or Agent like if every one of 'em gets Disarmed at the drop of the hat either.

Just something for folks to keep in mind.
Scurvy_Platypus
Scholar

PostAuthor: Slade_brimstone » Fri Apr 16, 2004 11:48 pm

i think anything that uses melee weapons should be disarmable

i mean i saw a few elves with some kickass hloy swords id love to disarm and steal ...

Slade_brimstone
Prince of Bloated Discourse

PostAuthor: Beary666 » Sat Apr 17, 2004 12:22 am

heh you'll more than likely never come into possession of any kick ass holy swords unless you do something to save the world.
Beary666
Elder Sage

Timezone: GMT -7

PostAuthor: Scurvy_Platypus » Sat Apr 17, 2004 1:11 am

Also note that just because it's disarmed, doesn't mean it will drop the weapon.

The team has been, and continues to slowly go through and switch as many of these things as possible. Give us some time, and it'll get fixed.

In case people aren't clear....

A creature can be set to be disarmable, and _further_ it can be set as to drop or not drop it's weapons when disarmed. Those creatures that don't drop their weapons when disarmed will "put it away" basically.
Scurvy_Platypus
Scholar

PostAuthor: Fire Monkey » Sun Apr 18, 2004 4:56 pm

Scurvy_Platypus wrote:Not very Special Forces or Agent like if every one of 'em gets Disarmed at the drop of the hat either.

Just something for folks to keep in mind.

That may be right but if they don't want to get disarmed then they should be trained in discipline like everyone else. The PC T'Nanshi army are essential the special forces of the T'Nanshi army and we get disarmed just the same as everyone else unless we do someting about it.

Besides Agents are extremely dangerous and even if it was possible you certainly wouldn't be able to disarm one that easily. First of all you would still have to be alive, not knocked down and still holding a weapon. Then you would have to hit one of them (with the associated disarm penalties) and beat there discipline check. That lot is certainly not easy and probably largely impossible for anyone below lvl 18.
Fire Monkey
Master Sage

PostAuthor: Scurvy_Platypus » Sun Apr 18, 2004 7:32 pm

Scurvy_Platypus wrote:The team has been, and continues to slowly go through and switch as many of these things as possible. Give us some time, and it'll get fixed.
Scurvy_Platypus
Scholar

Return to The Avlis Project: Ask the Team