Deglos - (0)
Visimontium - (0)
Underdark - (0)
Mikona - (0)
Total players: 2
Gallery

Links Menu

griefing and Sereg

Forum for posing direct questions to the Avlis Team. Purpose is to facilitate Team/Player communication.

Moderators: Nighthawk4, Dungeon Masters

PostAuthor: Draconis » Sun Apr 11, 2004 7:01 am

I would not agree with this...as my dwarf character and another dwarf were in M'Check and got attacked by a sereg.

And I think they have threatened the elves of T'Nanshi as well...looking at posts but maybe wrong there.

They seem pretty Chaotic from reports so my character nevers under estimates them. Though has not run into many thankfully.
Draconis
Scholar of Fools

PostAuthor: NWDuneAuron » Sun Apr 11, 2004 9:37 am

You're a Sereg, watching a party. There are five members. Three have snazzy armour and flaming swords, one has fancy looking robes and a staff the size of kentucky, the last is wearing a standard leather jerkin and carrying a light crossbow.

Now, without right clicking, who do you attack?
NWDuneAuron
Sage

PostAuthor: Strangg » Sun Apr 11, 2004 10:14 am

NWDuneAuron wrote:You're a Sereg, watching a party. There are five members. Three have snazzy armour and flaming swords, one has fancy looking robes and a staff the size of kentucky, the last is wearing a standard leather jerkin and carrying a light crossbow.

The guy in the fancy robes with the staff (most likely a mage/sorcerer) then the fellow in the jerkin carrying the crossbow (most likely another caster, probably a druid). If i was feeling mean and they were both close enough together i'd attack them both with knockdown. (Done right you can keep two characters knocked on their butts until they die).

~S
Fighters do it face to face, Rogues may do it from behind, Rangers can do it from a distance, Wizards do it from out of nowhere, Clerics may not do it at all, Barbarians may do it in a rage, Sorcerers can do it on a whim, Bards on a note, but Paladins have to pay for it!

"You have a way with words... like a sage with a two-by-four" ~ Ava
Strangg
Team Member; Retired with Honors

PostAuthor: Deider » Sun Apr 11, 2004 11:08 am

NWDuneAuron wrote:You're a Sereg, watching a party. There are five members. Three have snazzy armour and flaming swords, one has fancy looking robes and a staff the size of kentucky, the last is wearing a standard leather jerkin and carrying a light crossbow.

[tangent]This argument holds no water. What qualifies as 'snazzy' armor? Lord Derrington's armor may be 'snazzy,' but it's not magical. Platemail +1 - which, aside from having a slightly different design in NWN, doesn't look any 'snazzier' than standard plate - protects better.

We've gone down this road before. If Feeb Ironfist and Joe Schmoehammer, both dwarves, walk through the market, nine times out of ten someone wanting some CvC attacks Joe. Why? Because Joe is 1st level, while Feeb can kill uber spawns with a blunt toothpick and his pinky finger. Nine times out of ten, whether or not they're in full gear, identical gear, or their underwear.[/tangent]
Deider
Uber Posting Whor3

Timezone: GMT -8

PostAuthor: Fifty » Sun Apr 11, 2004 11:22 am

There is now a thread about some Sereg attacking a newbie in the Rompin'

IMHO, This should not happen, ever!

If the newb had been one member of a 5 person party, maybe, but killing lone newbs inside Mikona should not happen. The market is supposed to be safe goddamit. It would still be bad in the Slums, but at least you expect to get a fight there!
Fifty
Uber Posting Whor3

PostAuthor: Papainhell » Sun Apr 11, 2004 12:50 pm

I read that as well, and thought if I were that new player I'd be upset and confused as well.

If it was a low-lvl character of a player who has been around then they should know to either run from or kill a sereg on sight.

I'd say for the Sereg players, leave the new players out of it or at least give them a tell explaining what is going to happen and why.
Playing as:
Master Odel Helmsplitter
Odel Helmsplitter- Hammer Fist Stylist, monk of The Order of The Dragon.
Papainhell
Sage

Timezone: Time?

PostAuthor: Scurvy_Platypus » Sun Apr 11, 2004 4:45 pm

Fifty wrote:If the newb had been one member of a 5 person party, maybe, but killing lone newbs inside Mikona should not happen. The market is supposed to be safe goddamit. It would still be bad in the Slums, but at least you expect to get a fight there!

Just so things are clear...

A newbie being attacked and killed may or may not be an issue. It depends on the situation, and many other factors. Ultimately the team will decide whether or not such a thing was appropriate or not, assuming there is an issue.

The market is _NOT_ "supposed to be safe", in the sense that you won't be attacked there or anywhere else. There may be In Game reasons why it would be viewed as "safe" because it's a high traffic area, guards would patrol it, and so forth. But there's nothing saying a person can't be attacked there. Heck, when I still played Lord Kutah he was attacked and killed in the Market place. So was another character with him. And let's not forget the Balor rampages when someone's violated the Lich's domain in the past.

There are virtually no places "safe" from attack. That's the way it's always been, and I don't see that changing in the near future.
Scurvy_Platypus
Scholar

PostAuthor: keikobad » Sun Apr 11, 2004 5:02 pm

I do think it'd be nice to have the Mikona Guards, Elysia Champions, and LeOr Watchers all attack Sereg PCs on sight, if that's possible to do (using some variant of the old racial attacks code).

Kinda strange to have sereg running around towns shooting at people while the guards stand by yawning.

Ditto soldiers in both countries.
keikobad
Sage

PostAuthor: WrathOG777 » Sun Apr 11, 2004 5:21 pm

Deider wrote:What qualifies as 'snazzy' armor?

THAT is snazzy!

WrathOG777
Master Sage

Previous

Return to The Avlis Project: Ask the Team