Deglos - (0)
Visimontium - (0)
Underdark - (0)
Mikona - (0)
Total players: 2
Gallery

Links Menu

Help where can i find the Avlis Installer programs

Forum for posing direct questions to the Avlis Team. Purpose is to facilitate Team/Player communication.

Moderators: Nighthawk4, Dungeon Masters

Help where can i find the Avlis Installer programs

PostAuthor: Leprekorn » Thu Apr 01, 2004 6:52 pm

Please help i am desperate to start playing

Leprekorn

PostAuthor: Manuel the White » Thu Apr 01, 2004 7:10 pm

Hi,

The installers are out of date. Until we get new versions created, please use the manual builds located here: http://www.avlis.org/portal.php?getpage=hakpaks

You will need to install WinRar if you have not already. The decompression utility is available at winrar.com

- Manuel
ACTIVE CHARACTERS: Casey Landry, Jessie Morrice
SOMETIMES CHARACTERS: Silinde, Luthias
INACTIVE CHARACTERS: Manuel (the White) Thay't Le'Megen, Zven Reaplenoose, Drashter Volterz
Manuel the White
Team Member; Retired with Honors

PostAuthor: wyzman » Fri Apr 02, 2004 8:07 pm

have you scanned these files for virus's? I recently (two weeks ago) tried to download this via your HTTP links and found that half of the files did not work after they where downloaded. (corrupted zip files) I also ended up with the download trojan virus.

I had to get all my necessary files from the FTP site. (which i should of just done in the first place.) I also didnt find nwalleys.hak in the FTP site either.

thanks.
~Dristin the Lost

wyzman
Squire of Babble

PostAuthor: Manuel the White » Fri Apr 02, 2004 8:59 pm

The hakpaks page has been updated as of March 30th. The installers are no longer visible download options until the files are rebuilt from the latest sources. The other links point to the FTP server.

I have heard nothing of virii in our hakpaks. I have heard of some being corrupted. If it was indeed the files, they are in the process of being replaced as mentioned previously.

Yours,

- Manuel
ACTIVE CHARACTERS: Casey Landry, Jessie Morrice
SOMETIMES CHARACTERS: Silinde, Luthias
INACTIVE CHARACTERS: Manuel (the White) Thay't Le'Megen, Zven Reaplenoose, Drashter Volterz
Manuel the White
Team Member; Retired with Honors

PostAuthor: Santos L Halper » Fri Apr 16, 2004 4:19 am

I found that I had many difficulties downloading the hakpaks etc from the site - the easiest way to get them was to FTP in as anonymous and that worked with no trouble at all (and FTP downloads are restartable)
Let me explain something to you. Um, I am not Mr. Lebowski. You're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

Santos L Halper
Whiney Peasant

PostAuthor: Scurvy_Platypus » Fri Apr 16, 2004 5:38 am

Please resize your Avatar. We ask people to keep them to 80x80 although some wriggle room is allowed.

Not quite as much as you've got though. :)
Scurvy_Platypus
Scholar

PostAuthor: Santos L Halper » Fri Apr 16, 2004 5:44 am

Sorry, I thought you'd automatically resize them...
Let me explain something to you. Um, I am not Mr. Lebowski. You're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

Santos L Halper
Whiney Peasant

Return to The Avlis Project: Ask the Team