Ferrell - (0)
Le'Or - (0)
Visimontium - (0)
Deglos - (0)
Total players: 5
Gallery

Links Menu

Shared Server Vault? Where to start?

Forum for posing direct questions to the Avlis Team. Purpose is to facilitate Team/Player communication.

Moderators: Nighthawk4, Dungeon Masters

Shared Server Vault? Where to start?

PostAuthor: Mooge » Sat Mar 27, 2004 12:24 am

Hi all, I am just about to join Avlis for the first time and have decided to play a Dwarven character (Grimm Thunderbelch). As a beer swillin', anvil 'itting, goblin puncher I decided to start of in Deglos.

I am still downloading hak packs so I haven't been able to get online yet which is why I'm a bit vague. Will I have many dramas starting off in Deglos or should I have picked Mikona or some such?

How does the server vault work here? is it chared between the servers? (i.e. I have rolled up ol'stumpy on Deglos but if I log onto the Mikona server will I be able to select him there too? would this only work if I make it to Mikona in game? if so, does a first level character in Deglos have much hope of survival?
Mooge
Lord of Blithering Idiots

Re: Shared Server Vault? Where to start?

PostAuthor: Vichan Lyonsen » Sat Mar 27, 2004 12:38 am

Vichan Lyonsen wrote:
Mooge wrote:Hi all, I am just about to join Avlis for the first time and have decided to play a Dwarven character (Grimm Thunderbelch). As a beer swillin', anvil 'itting, goblin puncher I decided to start of in Deglos.

I am still downloading hak packs so I haven't been able to get online yet which is why I'm a bit vague. Will I have many dramas starting off in Deglos or should I have picked Mikona or some such?

How does the server vault work here? is it chared between the servers? (i.e. I have rolled up ol'stumpy on Deglos but if I log onto the Mikona server will I be able to select him there too? would this only work if I make it to Mikona in game? if so, does a first level character in Deglos have much hope of survival?

You neednt worry, no matter where you create your character he will be with you on any Avlis - or even CoPap server you desire to log into...you can travell freely form server to server without having to manually log in as its handled in the transition, In fact you can even travel to a connected CoPap world such as Hala or Rockhome, with your avlis PC - have fun there, and come back.

Welcome and sign out your soul at the door, you will never want to leave....

I should probably add that to get to a CoPap server with your PC you will have to find the in-game portal...your players Bic file is transferred then

HaHA another one trapped.....
I've spent most of my money on beer, fast women, and fast cars. The rest I just wasted .
Vichan Lyonsen
CCC
CCC

Timezone: pacific

PostAuthor: Mooge » Sat Mar 27, 2004 12:44 am

Cool, does this mean I have to remember where I logged out?

If I were to just login on the Mikona server even though I logged out on the Deglos server would I be able to do that?

Apart from finding myself out of my depth I am also thinking about friends on other servers I may wish to quickly hook up with for a night of goblin punchin'.

Thanks for your help. :D
Mooge

PostAuthor: Vichan Lyonsen » Sat Mar 27, 2004 12:54 am

Mooge wrote:Cool, does this mean I have to remember where I logged out?

If I were to just login on the Mikona server even though I logged out on the Deglos server would I be able to do that? No you wouldnt - see below

Apart from finding myself out of my depth I am also thinking about friends on other servers I may wish to quickly hook up with for a night of goblin punchin'.

Thanks for your help. :D

Yes, with one caveat......

We have a general rule against server hopping, i.e. logging out of one server and immediately logging into another - WITHOUT USING IN GAME TRANSITIONS - all this means is you should indeed try to remember where you last logged out....and since you will only be logging out for the two or three hours of sleep you will be getting every night..... :lol: I doubt it will be a problem.

If you do server hop, for one of a few legit reasons..... Avlis forces a one hour break....so if you log out of deglos and try to log into mikona 15 minutes later, the server will not let you until the hour has passed. At that point you log back into deglos and do it on foot. Or wait out the hour..this simulates the time needed to cross the distance you would have travelled.

If you go overnight, it is presumed your character had sufficient time to cross the distance between where you were and where you are logging into.
I've spent most of my money on beer, fast women, and fast cars. The rest I just wasted .
Vichan Lyonsen
CCC
CCC

Timezone: pacific

PostAuthor: Mooge » Sat Mar 27, 2004 12:58 am

Sounds fair to me. I was considering it as a one time thing since I get the impression Deglos is not for new characters.

On the subject of Deglos and since I have your attention can you tell me where I can find the rocky_mountains.hak file?

Can't seem to find it anywhere.
Mooge

PostAuthor: tindertwiggy » Sat Mar 27, 2004 1:45 am

I threw it up on my webpage if you can grab it in the next day or so.

http://grog.mine.nu/~twiggy/Hak/

Or here on one of the hak mirrors. This will be up indefinately:

http://www.epignosis.info/download.php?list.6
Last edited by tindertwiggy on Sat Mar 27, 2004 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Happiness is baked with one part bat guano, one part sulfur.

tindertwiggy
Legacy DM
Legacy DM

PostAuthor: Emprod » Sat Mar 27, 2004 2:30 am

Thunderbelch makes me spontaneously laugh. Good name.

Emprod
Sage

Return to The Avlis Project: Ask the Team