M'Chek - (0)
Mikona - (0)
Visimontium - (0)
Underdark - (0)
Total players: 2
Gallery

Links Menu

Problem with Regular Game

Forum for posing direct questions to the Avlis Team. Purpose is to facilitate Team/Player communication.

Moderators: Nighthawk4, Dungeon Masters

Problem with Regular Game

PostAuthor: Ballistix » Tue Mar 23, 2004 9:27 am

Hi guys,

I've updated to all the latest Avlis related files etc.

However, play a bit of HOTU last night and had a wierd thing where anyone I talked to all I got was continue as an option no other text etc...my friend was fine, but he didn't have the hakpaks and tlk files etc I have for Avlis.

Is this a known issue? Or once you apply the paks etc it breaks the regular game?

If so whats the best way around this, to have two directories and copy the version in you want to play?

Thanks

B

Ballistix

PostAuthor: Drakuul » Tue Mar 23, 2004 10:00 am

The hakpacks shouldn't have changed anything, since the module knows which haks (if any) it has to load - HotU doesn't load any Haks, however the updated tlk file might have something to do with it, make a copy of the tlk you have now and put your original one back in place and see if that fixes it.
Drakuul
Sage

PostAuthor: Sindol » Tue Mar 23, 2004 11:31 am

That's a dialog.tlk issue. You've probably overwritten the original dialog.tlk with a custom Avlis one. With 1.62 this is no longer necessary.

Put back the original bioware dialog.tlk file is the NWN folder (you can use your friend's) and put the CoPaPTlk_2_0.tlk on the NWN\tlk folder, as it is described here.

This could have happened if you used one of the old installers. These are no longer up to date. They slipped through on our update to 1.62 + HotU and will be replaced shortly. Follow the instructions in the above link to update correctly.
So much fun,
yet so little time to enjoy it.
- Sindol
Sindol
Team Member; Retired with Honors

PostAuthor: Themicles » Tue Mar 23, 2004 1:00 pm

Like Sindol said...
Sounds like you took the dialog.tlk and overwrote BioWare's...
DO NOT. The CoPaP TLK 2.0 no longer overrides BioWare's dialog.tlk.
The CoPaP TLK 2.0 goes in the NWN\tlk folder.
If such a folder does not exist, create it.
If you overrode BioWare's dialog.tlk in the root of your NWN folder, restore BioWare's copy.

/me goes off to bug the admins about removing the old dialog.tlk from the downloads section

-Themicles
A wise man does not dwell on his past. He learns from it, he grows from it, and then moves ahead into his future.

And some wise words from a wise man. :P
Orleron wrote:You have to excuse Themi. Tact, diplomacy, and softness are not his best traits, but he does not mean anything by his writing. He's a nice guy. You just get used to it after a while because he doesn't seem to learn. :)
Themicles
CoPaP Ambassador

PostAuthor: Guest » Tue Mar 23, 2004 9:31 pm

Thanks fellas..All I did was install the 180MB Avlis pack :)

You sorted me, cheers!

Regards,

B

Return to The Avlis Project: Ask the Team