Ferrell - (0)
Le'Or - (0)
Wilderness - (0)
Deglos - (0)
Total players: 5
Gallery

Links Menu

AI Question (associates)

Forum for posing direct questions to the Avlis Team. Purpose is to facilitate Team/Player communication.

Moderators: Nighthawk4, Dungeon Masters

AI Question (associates)

PostAuthor: Gairus » Sun Mar 21, 2004 3:33 pm

So. My Ranger/Rogue finally gains an animal companion. Sweet, thinks I - now we can sneak around and strike from the shadows on unspespecting elven mages and stuff. Eat double sneak attack from the shadows before buffing, ya scumbag merc!

But wait, something is wrong - my panther won't enter stealth! Damned elven mercs will get their stoneskin up after all, followed by some fireball pwnage.

Unfortunately, one of my favourite features of the AI in HotU seems to be gone - in the HotU OC, when you enter search/stealth modes all of your associates do too. I understood that when we went to HotU, that Avlis was once again going to use Bioware's AI.

Apparently associates are meant to respond to voice commands too - but this is not the case either, for animal companions at least..

I can't be the first ranger/druid (or mage/sorc for that matter - eyeballs would be great following in search mode) dissapointed by this. Or maybe I am. Either way it bugs me :)

Was this removed on purpose? If so, I wonder why?
Was it by accident? If so, can we have it back?

Gairus
Team Member; Retired with Honors

PostAuthor: Quiz001 » Sun Mar 21, 2004 4:00 pm

My rogue/mage's familiar is the same - no stealth - haven't tried the summon yet. Would appreciate a little info on this too.
THIS IS NOT A FREE HAIRCUT

Quiz001
Scholar of Fools

PostAuthor: Khaelindra » Sun Mar 21, 2004 4:20 pm

For the familiar there is a work-around...possess, enter stealth, unpossess; familiar stays stealthy until attack. Rinse and repeat.

For companions, it's very annoying yes. The panther isn't a sneaker anymore, just a sneak-attack battle-thingy. I found out at lowlevel, switched to wolf.
Lady Divinia Cecil, Combat Medic; Frederique Moriana, Dragon Avalanche; Amber, redhead Bandit Mascotte; Khaelindra, Mystic Archer

AbominationFascination: "Powergaming without RP is masturbatory and RP without combat and growth is fluffy poseurism."

Gary Gygax wrote:
A Master role player is one who is willing and able to bend their character concept to make the game more enjoyable for all involved.

Everybody Loves Paula (tm)
Khaelindra
Contributor

Timezone: GMT+1

PostAuthor: Gairus » Sun Mar 21, 2004 4:21 pm

Well this is embarrassing.

Booted up the OC, and the stealth thing was NOT all associates - just henchmen. Fek.

Del topic :(

Gairus

PostAuthor: Aloro » Sun Mar 21, 2004 9:29 pm

Eh, it was a good question, so it's worth leaving up.

No, obviously we didn't deactivate this, it would be a nice feature.

One further point - the transition to HotU's AI is not yet complete on all servers, so your results will vary from place to place. This is a rather dauntingly huge task, and we're slogging away as quickly as we're able.

- Aloro
Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn wrote:The meaning of earthly existence lies, not as we have grown used to thinking, in prosperity, but in the development of the soul.
Aloro

Return to The Avlis Project: Ask the Team