Total players: 6
Gallery
  • Winter Ball 2015
    Album name: DM Events
    Uploaded by: Ronan
    Uploaded: Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:15 pm

Links Menu

Undead GOD?

Forum for posing direct questions to the Avlis Team. Purpose is to facilitate Team/Player communication.

Moderators: Nighthawk4, Dungeon Masters

Undead GOD?

PostAuthor: Xeo » Thu Mar 18, 2004 1:04 pm

Whos or is there a Undead GOD to Follow? I know theres Dagath but that Order does not get me excited like a plate of sausages and chips with a dolop of brown source. :D does

like for Necromancers? Been trying to find some history to use for my PC eg a Powerfull Necromancer that walked the lands of Avlis before me :wink: *joke*

Or Lord Vampire or a figure in history of Avlis..... Been Searching the forums came up with nothing..

Also i believe DMs have a god that they RP and DMing too.. Now is there one for the Undead or is there none? I would like to request links if thats possiable so i could develop my PC more... and read up on History and events.. I know Orlean does alot of writings but i thought i do a post to see who is active on a role of looking after the Undead RP's

I know Sarovok the Lich is one but i missed that DM plot due to Lack of P.C.........

I ask if its possiable to be able to PM a DM on Ideas etc etc as you all know i love RPing Undead and Necromancy Storys. 8)
As i have another idea! and wish to put it accross for inspection and advice to that DM who would

A: Might be Interested in a idea from me

B: Also to tell me where i gone wrong with it and help me develop my long RP that i been thinking of

C: Tell me to shut up and just play the damn GAME!

Xeo
Silk wrote:I don't know, I think flinging poo in a catapult could be pretty damn effective.
I know if I was on the battlefield and I got hit by a pile of shit... I'd probably go home.
Xeo
Master Sage

Timezone: UK

PostAuthor: Jordicus » Thu Mar 18, 2004 1:06 pm

there is no Undead God

Savernok is not a god, he is just a powerful Lich

for the most part DMs do not RP that they are one of the Gods. that is just an avatar that they use for interacting with players.
Last edited by Jordicus on Thu Mar 18, 2004 1:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
You see things and you say, "Why?" But I dream things that never were and say, "Why not?" George Bernard Shaw
Jordicus
Team Member; Retired with Honors

PostAuthor: Dirk Cutlass » Thu Mar 18, 2004 1:07 pm

It's a shame Jadeia left, he was the expert on undead, demons, devils, vampires, vampyres, and other macabre things. :(
Dirk Cutlass
Elder Sage

PostAuthor: Xeo » Thu Mar 18, 2004 1:15 pm

:(

No Undead god?

*sniffs*
Silk wrote:I don't know, I think flinging poo in a catapult could be pretty damn effective.
I know if I was on the battlefield and I got hit by a pile of shit... I'd probably go home.
Xeo
Master Sage

PostAuthor: JollyOrc » Thu Mar 18, 2004 1:18 pm

the Harpinger: Although that one is more death-travel oriented, you might be interested.

Sorvanok: He does have some cult...

no further idea..
JollyOrc
QA Resource

Timezone: GMT+1

PostAuthor: Dirk Cutlass » Thu Mar 18, 2004 1:20 pm

Xeo Bodacea wrote::(

No Undead god?

*sniffs*

There's always demon worship. In fact you could worship anything! You're not a cleric and so you powers don't come from a deity (well I guess Andrinor has something to do with as god of mortal magic .... :? )

How about worshiping the primordial spirits that made Avlis, or read through Orls' old campaign notes you might find someone (a hero, demi-god, demon, etc.) that would make a suitable focus for your worshiping. ;)
Dirk Cutlass
Elder Sage

PostAuthor: Jordicus » Thu Mar 18, 2004 1:21 pm

there are any number of Evil gods who would favor Necromancers and the undead.

http://www.avlis.org/portal.php?getpage=deific_chart

Evrak or The'ton could easily apply.
You see things and you say, "Why?" But I dream things that never were and say, "Why not?" George Bernard Shaw
Jordicus
Team Member; Retired with Honors

PostAuthor: Xeo » Thu Mar 18, 2004 1:23 pm

Yeah i did see the Harpeinger that looked nice the bio and background..

Hmmmm me been thinking now and a plan is forming.........

Cult is not my cup of tea but a Demi-God is muahahahaha :twisted:

Thanks team!
Xeo
Master Sage

PostAuthor: Dirk Cutlass » Thu Mar 18, 2004 1:24 pm

Or Wilsash (NE, Any Evil, Moon & Nightmares, Lesser)

You could only come out at night :) and scare people with that mask of yours ;)
Dirk Cutlass
Elder Sage

PostAuthor: Dralix » Thu Mar 18, 2004 1:33 pm

Jordicus wrote:there are any number of Evil gods who would favor Necromancers and the undead.

http://www.avlis.org/portal.php?getpage=deific_chart

Evrak or The'ton could easily apply.

After a conversation in the Temple of Dagath in Westshore, Dralix decided that Dagath may not look too kindly on necromancy (though he still isn't completely sure). So now he is leaning towards The'ton. I think The'ton would be a good choice for Isamu as well. He's scary looking. ;)

Dralix
Silver Contributor

PostAuthor: Xeo » Thu Mar 18, 2004 1:38 pm

But just read up and the Harpinger comes in many forms and one was a skeleton with a SICKLE and a Harp! i have a 2+ Sickle! I use alot.... Kewl!

That made me more read up

But The'ton is interesting but i am not sure...... Just trying to find a GOD to RP 8)
Xeo
Master Sage

PostAuthor: White-Raven » Thu Mar 18, 2004 1:43 pm

You can always work to become a god of undead.. the life quest of Isamu? Wizard/Pale Master/Cleric, learn all you can that have necro feats, skills etc etc. Try to convert others etc?

Just a thought

White-Raven
Elder Sage

Timezone: CET

PostAuthor: Xeo » Thu Mar 18, 2004 1:49 pm

Isamu a lessor GOD of the undead?

ooooooo interesting........ Maybe........

That build you just said is what i was my life plan lol with this PC
Xeo
Master Sage

PostAuthor: Dirk Cutlass » Thu Mar 18, 2004 1:49 pm

Xeo Bodacea wrote:But just read up and the Harpinger comes in many forms and one was a skeleton with a SICKLE and a Harp! i have a 2+ Sickle! I use alot.... Kewl!

Interesting ... and what about the harp? Maybe one of your alter-egos can be the harp wielder (you'd prbably have to take a few of levels in bard though in order to pull it off).
Dirk Cutlass
Elder Sage

PostAuthor: Xeo » Thu Mar 18, 2004 1:51 pm

But for now its RP so Harpinger is a great choice... Learn Under a god to become a god :twisted:
Xeo
Master Sage

PostAuthor: Xeo » Thu Mar 18, 2004 1:59 pm

No what i have read you can follow the Mucis of the Harpinger or dealing the Death to those who deserve it.... or your saving lives

Eg.. The White Necromancer

Of course i would like the dealing death part :twisted:

Read up gang on it.... Its a good piece and such rich RP can be made from it

EDIT

Just to Add reason for my interest and research is that i now have a helm that my PC been serching for some time in his life and i am steering him down a new RP.... and been thinking of RPing the helm as thats why i been searching for one :wink: and worshipping the Messager of Death seems exciting.......
Xeo
Master Sage

No undead god

PostAuthor: Guest » Fri Mar 19, 2004 2:01 am

I tought Maleki was kind of that. Or at least a good candidate.

Maybe its just me.

Re: No undead god

PostAuthor: 4x4_Ender » Fri Mar 19, 2004 3:45 am

Anonymous wrote:I tought Maleki was kind of that. Or at least a good candidate.

Maybe its just me.

Maleki's domain as far as creatures go is all giant-kin except minotaurs.

As far as undead, its true that there really isnt a god for it. But, i have a character that is a blackguard that worships The'ton the most, and she is basically an undead guardian the way i RP her at least.

Their is something to be said about clarifying where the undead originate from, because they are obviously not natural occurances. Someone has to use their power to forcibly break Dagath's cycle in order to create an undead, and that isnt done without god like powers.

I guess the Harpinger would be the closest, but there is nowhere in that god's description that says her influence includes control and creation of undead, only the passage of souls. But, i have my blackguard worship The'ton because of what she uses her powers over death for: fear and intimidation.
"Many make a trade of delusions and false miracles, deceiving the stupid multitude." -Leonardo Da Vinci
4x4_Ender
Sage

Return to The Avlis Project: Ask the Team