Mikona - (0)
Wilderness - (0)
Visimontium - (0)
Underdark - (0)
Total players: 2
Gallery

Links Menu

Actions that shift alignment while in the death plane

Forum for posing direct questions to the Avlis Team. Purpose is to facilitate Team/Player communication.

Moderators: Nighthawk4, Dungeon Masters

Actions that shift alignment while in the death plane

PostAuthor: Aerill » Sun Mar 14, 2004 12:56 pm

When our party was wiped out by high bugbear shamans in the DM event last night, I had noticed that actions of some people in their death planes shifted the alignment of entire party. As I understand the stupid party alignment shift might be hard-coded, could it be made so that alignment shifts at least in the death planes would be removed?

Aerill
Elder Sage

PostAuthor: Croton » Sun Mar 14, 2004 2:38 pm

Would it be possible when giving the alinment shift to remove the person from the party, give the shift, and then put them back in the party again?

Croton
Team Member; Retired with Honors

PostAuthor: Cath » Sun Mar 14, 2004 4:41 pm

croton wrote:Would it be possible when giving the alinment shift to remove the person from the party, give the shift, and then put them back in the party again?

As removing party members breaks rest things like that should never be automatic.
I am all for alignment shifts being restricted to people in the same area but this has been discussed somewhere extensively.
Cath
Scholar

PostAuthor: Aloro » Sun Mar 14, 2004 7:05 pm

croton wrote:Would it be possible when giving the alinment shift to remove the person from the party, give the shift, and then put them back in the party again?

Sadly, no, that is not possible.

The giving of alignment shifts for people in different areas bugs the crap out of me. Poor design by Bioware. :evil:

- Aloro
Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn wrote:The meaning of earthly existence lies, not as we have grown used to thinking, in prosperity, but in the development of the soul.
Aloro
Team Member; Retired with Honors

PostAuthor: Quiz001 » Sun Mar 14, 2004 8:08 pm

If I die and go to an alignment-shift plane (such as CG), and there are opposite- alignment chars in my group - I would take myself out of party or at least ask the others if it'd be ok before I do the quest - seems only fair. Having said that , sometimes you forget....
THIS IS NOT A FREE HAIRCUT

Quiz001
Scholar of Fools

Return to The Avlis Project: Ask the Team