Le'Or - (0)
Deglos - (0)
Underdark - (0)
Mikona - (0)
Total players: 2
Gallery

Links Menu

Paladin?

Forum for posing direct questions to the Avlis Team. Purpose is to facilitate Team/Player communication.

Moderators: Nighthawk4, Dungeon Masters

Paladin?

PostAuthor: Lorathon » Sun Mar 07, 2004 4:31 pm

I am new to Avlis and was cruising the site for History, rules, etc. I noticed under classes that there are Paladins in the World of Avlis but I can not find a group or guild of Paladins. It seems that from the forums it would be best to join a group so I was just wondering if there is a guild or group of Paladins.

Thanks

Lorathon
Squire of Babble

PostAuthor: Leaving Hope » Sun Mar 07, 2004 4:33 pm

On Avlis, Paladins are the holy warriors of Gorethar.

http://www.avlis.org/portal.php?getpage ... rs#paladin

Leaving Hope
Apprentice Scholar

PostAuthor: Zilgrin » Sun Mar 07, 2004 4:34 pm

well since paladins are lawful good they can only follow the deity Gorether. So the Order of Gorethar is your best bet in terms of a group of paladins :wink:

Zilgrin
Squire of Babble

Order of Gorethar?

PostAuthor: Lorathon » Sun Mar 07, 2004 4:52 pm

Thank you so far, but is there a Forum for the Order of Gorethar? Or is this an In World location?

I have not even connected to the World yet as I wish to know as much about it as possible prior to starting.

Lorathon
Squire of Babble

PostAuthor: JollyOrc » Sun Mar 07, 2004 4:58 pm

The Order of Gorethar is an IC group of Gorethar followers and warriors. They do have a forum, which is private and hidden though.

There is a bit of information on them scattered across the boards. Your best bet is to log in and try to get in contact with one of them.
JollyOrc
QA Resource

Timezone: GMT+1

PostAuthor: Manuel the White » Sun Mar 07, 2004 4:58 pm

Hello,

Yes, there is a forum for the Order of Gorethar. However, most of our In Character forums are hidden from the public view. This is because there is sensitive information published that competing guilds would use against each other.

The current policy is that characters should find out about Guilds like the Order of Gorethar in-game through roleplay and social interaction. It makes for a wonderful time. In fact, some guild are not found. Rather, they find you!

Welcome to Avlis.

- Manuel
ACTIVE CHARACTERS: Casey Landry, Jessie Morrice
SOMETIMES CHARACTERS: Silinde, Luthias
INACTIVE CHARACTERS: Manuel (the White) Thay't Le'Megen, Zven Reaplenoose, Drashter Volterz
Manuel the White
Team Member; Retired with Honors

Thank you

PostAuthor: Lorathon » Sun Mar 07, 2004 5:00 pm

Thank you very much. That does sound more exciting and more true to life. :D

Lorathon
Squire of Babble

PostAuthor: GreyLynx » Sun Mar 07, 2004 5:48 pm

Also, if you are a paladin, while you are by definition a holy warrior of Gorethar, it does not automatically make you a member of the organization of the Order of Gorethar (also called the OoG). You can choose to either not join them, or to seek them out. Expressing interest on the in character boards is a good way to find them.

GreyLynx
Elder Sage

Timezone: EDT (GMT-5)

PostAuthor: Vichan Lyonsen » Sun Mar 07, 2004 6:00 pm

Members of the Order of Gorethar can be found on any of Avlis' servers, though you are most likely to find them on Elysia, Mikona or the wilderness servers. As a new player you might want to stay away form the wilderness server unless you are grouped up with higher levels.

Of course you will hear that Elysia is the most newb freindly server...this is arguable, I started on the Mikona sever and did fine, though it is certainly more dangerous there.
I've spent most of my money on beer, fast women, and fast cars. The rest I just wasted .
Vichan Lyonsen
CCC
CCC

Timezone: pacific

PostAuthor: Spell Singer » Tue Mar 09, 2004 12:21 pm

Well to give my view. The Order of Gorethar is an Avlis Prestige Class, it is not a "guild" so playing a paladin is not automatic grounds for entry into the Order of Gorethar. The only requirements for consideration are that your character worship Gorethar and that you personally have patience. The length of time from going from being considered to being a member is not short and can in prinicple be very long. It also requires a fairly serious commitment from you as a player.

After you meet the people in the Order of Gorethar you can decide for yourself if you wish to pay the price for the benifits you earn.

Most other things can be answered in game but specific questions, comments and concerns are best directed to me in a PM (or to Vian if it is more team related). This not only is applicable to the person asking but in general.

Spell Singer
Sage

PostAuthor: Xiaou » Tue Mar 09, 2004 7:35 pm

Xiaou
Team Member; Retired with Honors

Timezone: GMT -7

PostAuthor: Aradan Kir » Fri Mar 12, 2004 3:28 pm

JollyOrc wrote:There is a bit of information on them scattered across the boards.

Bear in mind that what a lot of the "less important" groups ( :wink: ) have to say about the OoG is not always complimentary or true. As a paladin though, I would hope that you would make up your own mind about us.

Seek me (or one of my brothers and sisters) out if you wish to learn more about the Order.

(I should be on tonight about 22:00 ish (GMT)) - in Mikona most likely
Aradan Kir
Elder Sage

PostAuthor: JollyOrc » Fri Mar 12, 2004 3:31 pm

w00t !

I'll try to be there too around that time. Be sure to visit The Canvas :-)
JollyOrc
QA Resource

PostAuthor: Starslayer_D » Fri Mar 12, 2004 3:35 pm

*reminds Janur of another sheduled affair at the same time in another great city.*
ashzz: at the very core of the problem is that good characters and organizations can do much more EVIL in the name of good than evil can do evil.
Daerthe: There is only room for so much realism before things start to get silly

Starslayer_D
Master Sage

PostAuthor: Aradan Kir » Fri Mar 12, 2004 3:39 pm

JollyOrc wrote:

w00t !

I'll try to be there too around that time. Be sure to visit The Canvas :-)

well .... I will if I can find it ( :lol: ).

PS Meeting Aradan is far more important than anything your wife wants !!
Aradan Kir
Elder Sage

PostAuthor: JollyOrc » Fri Mar 12, 2004 3:39 pm

*remembers that this was an important thing that may end the war*

*hangs head*

How can I decide on this ?

This is insanely difficult ! :)
JollyOrc
QA Resource

PostAuthor: Starslayer_D » Fri Mar 12, 2004 6:25 pm

*wife uses ultimate weapon: Kisses Janur lovingly and pleads with him to come along with her*
ashzz: at the very core of the problem is that good characters and organizations can do much more EVIL in the name of good than evil can do evil.
Daerthe: There is only room for so much realism before things start to get silly

Starslayer_D
Master Sage

PostAuthor: Aradan Kir » Fri Mar 12, 2004 6:50 pm

Starslayer_D wrote:*wife uses ultimate weapon: Kisses Janur lovingly and pleads with him to come along with her*

*considers kissing Janur lovingly ..... but decides to let wife win on this occasion*
Aradan Kir
Elder Sage

PostAuthor: Starslayer_D » Fri Mar 12, 2004 7:19 pm

I try to move him to the boat at 22:00 GMT. Deal?

Starslayer_D
Master Sage

Return to The Avlis Project: Ask the Team