M'Chek - (0)
Deglos - (0)
Visimontium - (0)
Mikona - (0)
Total players: 4
Gallery

Links Menu

Character Journals Forum

Forum for posing direct questions to the Avlis Team. Purpose is to facilitate Team/Player communication.

Moderators: Nighthawk4, Dungeon Masters

PostAuthor: jbspahn » Wed Mar 10, 2004 2:33 am

If it was made to be an in character novel sort of thing maybe. Like it would be treated as if THAT character had written a novel about his or her adventures. So basically the journal would be seen as an in character continious novel. So the forum could be refered to in character as the library or something like that, and you could go there to read up on people's adventures. and the library could have those contests as i mentioned above for best novel. Also allowing rewards to be an in character thing too. This way it would not mean that the character had to put EVERYTHING as if it were a journal, but could choose what to put since it would be the character's personal novel/story. Allowing people in game not to have to remember what they could talk about or not to the character, b/c it was all in the character's novel the character wrote. just 2 more cents from me :D

jbspahn
Squire of Babble

PostAuthor: WrathOG777 » Wed Mar 10, 2004 2:45 am

I am definately a big fan of keeping it IC. Makeing it OOC is just asking for far too much player vs player bickering over who used what jornal for such and such unfair advantage blah blah blah
WrathOG777
Master Sage

PostAuthor: xoox » Wed Mar 10, 2004 2:24 pm

My two cents, IC Blogg :)
I like the idea of giving the DM's hooks into your char and also the idea posted above that your chars life story writes itself, it's a really good idea.

I think the newspaper is another great idea but I would treat it seperate to the IC Blog, still a brill idea detailing the daily/weekly events in Avlis and Copap worlds - great :)

xoox
Lord of Blithering Idiots

PostAuthor: DAnjal Veskandar Rai » Wed Mar 10, 2004 2:55 pm

xoox wrote:My two cents, IC Blogg :)
I like the idea of giving the DM's hooks into your char and also the idea posted above that your chars life story writes itself, it's a really good idea.

I think the newspaper is another great idea but I would treat it seperate to the IC Blog, still a brill idea detailing the daily/weekly events in Avlis and Copap worlds - great :)

the newspaper EXISTS. (not that I'm exactly to sure what happeneed to it)
DAnjal Veskandar Rai
Scholar

Location: Somewhere in the 9 hells of Baa... Err, Belgium. (GMT +1)

PostAuthor: jbspahn » Wed Mar 10, 2004 9:36 pm

don't mean to waste space for my stupidity of being a newB but, heh what's a blogg? thanks ahead of time

jbspahn
Squire of Babble

PostAuthor: Dralix » Wed Mar 10, 2004 9:50 pm

Blog is short for weblog. Think of it as a little girl's diary that is published on the internet so everyone, including her little brother, can read it. :)

Dralix
Silver Contributor

PostAuthor: Jordicus » Wed Mar 10, 2004 9:56 pm

seems so far the majority idea is an IC journal.. as long as everyone realizes that whatever they post is fair game for anyone to read and for it to be considered IC knowledge then I say we move ahead with it.. if you don't want others to use the information against you at some point, make sure you don't post it.. should be a simple enough guideline..
You see things and you say, "Why?" But I dream things that never were and say, "Why not?" George Bernard Shaw
Jordicus
Team Member; Retired with Honors

Previous

Return to The Avlis Project: Ask the Team