Mikona - (0)
Wilderness - (0)
Visimontium - (0)
Underdark - (0)
Total players: 0
Gallery

Links Menu

Druegar (sp?) are they native to avlis?

Forum for posing direct questions to the Avlis Team. Purpose is to facilitate Team/Player communication.

Moderators: Nighthawk4, Dungeon Masters

Druegar (sp?) are they native to avlis?

PostAuthor: Spell Singer » Thu Feb 19, 2004 8:29 am

The title says it all. I ran into a player last night with a black skinned dwarf who was trying to play a druegar. But I had to tell him that it is not clear these are avlis native or not. And since Druegar have abilities (spell casting and different stats then dwarfs) not allowed to normal dwarves we are now at the quasi-cheesing level.

As this is a new player I suspect he may not even know of the boards or not be familier with them so I am asking for him.

Officially do these dwarves exist and if so what is their relationship with the more stadard one?

Spell Singer
Sage

PostAuthor: Sindol » Thu Feb 19, 2004 8:33 am

Duergar go the same way as Drow in Avlis: they don't exist.

These races are substantially different than normal elven and dwarven races and any attempt to play them will always amount to a certain amount of cheesing.
So much fun,
yet so little time to enjoy it.
- Sindol
Sindol
Team Member; Retired with Honors

PostAuthor: Spell Singer » Thu Feb 19, 2004 8:49 am

Yup pretty much what I thought the answer would be.

Spell Singer
Sage

PostAuthor: Sindol » Thu Feb 19, 2004 8:55 am

I would like to point out that it is written here directly applies to this case. Especially this part:

Choraldances wrote:In addition to Player Character races, the PC's background could have the possibility of falling into this cheesing category. Though it is perfectly IC to have one of the following traits in your background, you MUST have an approval of a (vet or senior) DM before you can RP this out.

When in doubt: ask. A PM to a senior DM of your choice or a general mail to staff@avlis.org will solve your doubts.
So much fun,
yet so little time to enjoy it.
- Sindol
Sindol
Team Member; Retired with Honors

PostAuthor: White-Raven » Thu Feb 19, 2004 9:07 am

Was looking on very old screenshots, when Amonien and Green once explored Nanshi. I have screenshots of duregars actually, and this was before SoU was out. I will look for them and post if i find them again.

Green was talking about this IC awhile ago, after she had been to Rockhome, she remeber that she meet those grey dwarfs long ago in Southern T'Nanshi.

White-Raven
Elder Sage

Timezone: CET

PostAuthor: Spell Singer » Thu Feb 19, 2004 9:25 am

I told the person to talk to a DM. But as I got the impression he has about 0 NWN online experience (been there done that myself) so I thought it would be wise to cut to the heart of the matter.

Spell Singer
Sage

PostAuthor: Sickocrow » Thu Feb 19, 2004 9:46 am

My main char looks a lot like a Druegar and at the time I made him I didn't even know what one was. I hope nobody thinks that was what I tried to achieve. As I do actually have a RP background as to why 'Gunter' is so dark, and why he doesn't use the conventional dwarven weapons.
Nighhawk4 wrote:All Hail, oh Mighty Sausage. Hear our prayer, we beseech You, Oh Wondrous Tube of Surplus Meat-related Material.

Sickocrow
Sage

Timezone: GMT+8

Return to The Avlis Project: Ask the Team