Total players: 4
Gallery
  • Winter Ball 2015
    Album name: DM Events
    Uploaded by: Ronan
    Uploaded: Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:41 pm

Links Menu

Barbarian Horde - Seeking DM approval and DM sponsor

Forum for posing direct questions to the Avlis Team. Purpose is to facilitate Team/Player communication.

Moderators: Nighthawk4, Dungeon Masters

Barbarian Horde - Seeking DM approval and DM sponsor

PostAuthor: Samin Swift » Thu Feb 12, 2004 9:46 pm

We have assembled, at least a small group to begin with. There is a great deal of interest expressed in the topic that is in the general discussion forum.

If there is a better process (such as PM) to contact a DM, please let me know.

We mainly need approval of the backstory to be sure it fits with Avlis lore.

On the off chance that there is a DM available from 8am to 11am Sundays Eastern Standard Time, we could use a DM sponsor. The first event will hopefully be this weekend.

I expect that our first event will revolve around the story that we are a scouting party in Avlis in advance of the horde, seeking council with the fairy in the castle. (this is a safe one because it will allow us to follow the static quests if we have no DM sponsor)

Samin Swift
Lord of Blithering Idiots

PostAuthor: Vichan Lyonsen » Thu Feb 12, 2004 9:51 pm

Your best bet IMO is to take your back story and PM it to Silk or perhaps even tindertwiggy as they are the ones running the show while Orl is on Hiatus. Now, they may (and probably will) send it to Orl for his blessings as he should look over the story and sprinkle his Holy water on it.

As to getting a DM sponsor, I think it likely at first you will have to show a decent number of participants and move along the lines of a player run guild.

This is all just my understanding, you want approval - go straight to the top. In the grand scheme of things I'm small banana's on the team and have been wrong more times than I care to count... :lol:
Vichan Lyonsen
CCC
CCC

Timezone: pacific

PostAuthor: Fifty » Thu Feb 12, 2004 9:59 pm

Vichan Lyonsen wrote:Your best bet IMO is to take your back story and PM it to Silk or perhaps even tindertwiggy as they are the ones running the show while Orl is on Hiatus. Now, they may (and probably will) send it to Orl for his blessings as he should look over the story and sprinkle his Holy water on it.

As to getting a DM sponsor, I think it likely at first you will have to show a decent number of participants and move along the lines of a player run guild.

This is all just my understanding, you want approval - go straight to the top. In the grand scheme of things I'm small banana's on the team and have been wrong more times than I care to count... :lol:

You haven't been reading the thread then? Dozens of us :lol:
yeah I have...I'm one of them V
Fifty
Uber Posting Whor3

PostAuthor: Samin Swift » Thu Feb 12, 2004 10:01 pm

Fifty wrote:
Vichan Lyonsen wrote:Your best bet IMO is to take your back story and PM it to Silk or perhaps even tindertwiggy as they are the ones running the show while Orl is on Hiatus. Now, they may (and probably will) send it to Orl for his blessings as he should look over the story and sprinkle his Holy water on it.

You haven't been reading the thread then? Dozens of us :lol:

I do believe we are subject to the test of time before sponsorship arrives. Too bad, it's one of those catch 22's. Can't get a job without work experience, can't get experience with out a job.

...would keep more players with DM'd events...need more players to get a DM

Samin Swift
Lord of Blithering Idiots

PostAuthor: Vanor » Thu Feb 12, 2004 10:13 pm

Samin Swift wrote:I do believe we are subject to the test of time before sponsorship arrives.

No not really. At least thus far we've never required a group to be in existance for X amount of time before it can be sponsored, that I know of. We just ask that it has more then 3 or 4 people in it first...

However having a DM sponsor doesn't automaticlly mean your group will get a lot more DM attention. The DM's around here are spread pretty thin as is. Myself for example I'm the sponsor for at least 3 different groups.
Vanor
Team Member; Retired with Honors

PostAuthor: Titanium Dragon » Fri Feb 13, 2004 3:43 am

You need a number (I think its like 8-10) active members to form a guild, ect. And yes, being in guilds does not mean you get more DM attention, though if you have a group of 10 players you will likely get it.

STEAL became a formal guild when the DMs got fed up with our spamming of the evil boards. When all the active topics were about STEAL, we became a guild. :twisted: It was more a matter of "Please, we don't want to see any more of this! :cry: ".

Anyway... that aside, if you guys can stick around together for a while, I'm sure you'll get DM sponsorship.

So basically, I wouldn't worry about making a formal guild until you've been around for a short bit. And to speak from experience, oftentimes there will be great impetus at first, but half the people who express interest will only show once or twice before they realize they have too many characters already, ect.
Gilkin> ouch. how often do you roll a 20?
Cath> once every 20 rolls?
Titanium Dragon
Sage

Re: Barbarian Horde - Seeking DM approval and DM sponsor

PostAuthor: choraldances » Fri Feb 13, 2004 5:02 am

Samin Swift wrote:
We mainly need approval of the backstory to be sure it fits with Avlis lore.

Email the team, don't PM any DM, because it might get lost. Best bet is to email the team

staff@avlis.org
choraldances
Uber Posting Whor3

Return to The Avlis Project: Ask the Team