Deglos - (0)
Wilderness - (0)
Visimontium - (0)
Underdark - (0)
Total players: 1
Gallery

Links Menu

Character levels

Forum for posing direct questions to the Avlis Team. Purpose is to facilitate Team/Player communication.

Moderators: Nighthawk4, Dungeon Masters

PostAuthor: keikobad » Tue Feb 10, 2004 7:09 am

Vergilius wrote:12 is really the break point, because its around there that the spawns start becoming harder to the point that if you lack AC equipment appropriate to your level, its MUCH more difficult to get around. On the other hand, you still can get around as long as you exercise appropriate caution, tactics and utilitiy potions effectively.

A lot of casters hit their sweet spot at 12. That's when they start hacking apart half-orcs with their staff (and summons). A decently built fighter, especially one that easily buys/crafts heal kits or carries one of these Gromak staves, should still get around fine. A lot of fighter players still can't figure out how to do this, but that's another issue. Join the M'Chek Army, or start a Fighter Forum.

If exp has slowed down to a crawl, I've hardly noticed.

Glad to hear that as I'm on my way to 15. :) I meant the XP you get from kills around the road and other frequented places-- the tougher monster crawls and crafting might still dish out a fair amount until lvl 18 or so-- but I'm remembering what I heard from a ways back and it could well have changed by now. I suspect that, Jake being allergic to crafting, he'll level up slower than average from 15-20, but who knows (or cares).
keikobad
Sage

PostAuthor: Vergilius » Tue Feb 10, 2004 7:19 am

keikobad wrote:Glad to hear that as I'm on my way to 15. :) I meant the XP you get from kills around the road and other frequented places-- the tougher monster crawls and crafting might still dish out a fair amount until lvl 18 or so-- but I'm remembering what I heard from a ways back and it could well have changed by now. I suspect that, Jake being allergic to crafting, he'll level up slower than average from 15-20, but who knows (or cares).

Believe it or not, when the xp script changed to an extra 1d6 to the base, it was huge. Its basically the difference between going, "ah crap, do I have to clean up that spawn" to "indifference", actually sometimes I still do the "ah crap" on the dwarf merc spawns. With a new xp script going in, it will be hard to tell for at least a little while how things will be, but so far it is on par with the old one at level 17, but from what I hear, a lot more favorable the lower you are in level.

Vergilius
Team Member; Retired with Honors

Timezone: US Central

PostAuthor: Guest » Tue Feb 10, 2004 12:25 pm

TD,

Actually I don't think it is 2.5k a drop. More like 1.5k. I never thought it was an ISD, they only drop +1 stuff, they only spawn in groups of 4 (at least that is my experience even when with lvl 20 characters), they are not easy to find at all and they are extremely extremely lethal (i.e. even at lvl 20 they used to be able to kill Green every now and then). We aren't exactly talking about the Clerics of Aarilax here. Either way the team will decide.

PostAuthor: Fire Monkey » Tue Feb 10, 2004 1:31 pm

Sorry the above post was by me. For some reason I was logged out when I tried to access the forums and I didn't notice.
Fire Monkey
Master Sage

Previous

Return to The Avlis Project: Ask the Team