Mikona - (0)
Wilderness - (0)
Visimontium - (0)
Underdark - (0)
Total players: 0
Gallery

Links Menu

Experience while in a party

Forum for posing direct questions to the Avlis Team. Purpose is to facilitate Team/Player communication.

Moderators: Nighthawk4, Dungeon Masters

Experience while in a party

PostAuthor: Melakin Skywieder » Wed Feb 04, 2004 4:19 pm

Can someone give me a rundown on this again. I remember that there was a problem that was supposed to have been fixed. Yesterday while in a party with a number of people (but only one was in the same area as me). The 2 of us killed some dire spiders. She is ~20th lvl, me 15th. Usually dire spiders give me ~4-5 xp/each. With her, I am guessing 1. Therefore I got none.

Sound right?

Should it be right?

What this says to me is for advancement I should solo something I know the team does not want.

BTW I don't much care and I got more xp from RPing than from killing stuff but I wanted to understand the mechanism better (engineer...sorry :twisted: )
If money it the root of all evil, I want to be a bad man!

Melakin Skywieder
Team Member; Retired with Honors

Re: Experience while in a party

PostAuthor: Leaving Hope » Wed Feb 04, 2004 5:03 pm

I'm in a situation where I need to travel with much higher level characters for IC reasons, but in their company I always get very little XP; usually none. I cannot, and don't want to, stop going out with these people.

It does encourage soloing, and I'm doing my best to fight that by roleplaying during the day, and doing fed-ex quests if the servers are quiet.

I'd much rather see myself get 3 XP when traveling with these higher level people then 173 XP for killing the mother beetle alone.

I know that one of the team members has mentioned something about recoding the XP system, and I'd be in favor of it.

Leaving Hope
Apprentice Scholar

PostAuthor: Sindol » Wed Feb 04, 2004 5:11 pm

Recoding is in progress, yes. Code will probably get implemented as soon as it's perfected and we've cleared all the other obstacles that come with HotU out of the way. Expect some changes to the XP system in the future.
So much fun,
yet so little time to enjoy it.
- Sindol
Sindol
Team Member; Retired with Honors

PostAuthor: Leaving Hope » Wed Feb 04, 2004 5:36 pm

Sindol wrote:Recoding is in progress, yes. Code will probably get implemented as soon as it's perfected and we've cleared all the other obstacles that come with HotU out of the way. Expect some changes to the XP system in the future.

Thanks for the update, Sindol. The dialogue is appreciated.

Leaving Hope
Apprentice Scholar

Re: Experience while in a party

PostAuthor: Fifty » Wed Feb 04, 2004 6:35 pm

Leaving Hope wrote:I'm in a situation where I need to travel with much higher level characters for IC reasons, but in their company I always get very little XP; usually none. I cannot, and don't want to, stop going out with these people.

It does encourage soloing, and I'm doing my best to fight that by roleplaying during the day, and doing fed-ex quests if the servers are quiet.

I'd much rather see myself get 3 XP when traveling with these higher level people then 173 XP for killing the mother beetle alone.

I know that one of the team members has mentioned something about recoding the XP system, and I'd be in favor of it.

I have exactly the same problem with both of my primary characters.
Hovering around the edges of polite society
Fifty
Uber Posting Whor3

Return to The Avlis Project: Ask the Team